Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Latha FathimaYour feedback matters!
One point at upper side of sternum pains a lot when I press it with a little force. Can you tell what is it and how can I get rid of it?
I get severe body pain after doing any physical work for more than 30 minutes, after which I need to take Ibugesic plus anti inflammation tablets n proper rest for the pain to settle down. Kindly advise a permanent cure. Thanks in advance.
Whether it is winter temperatures dipping, a lower temperature caused due to rains or chills created by air conditioning, the moment our body experiences lower temperatures than it is comfortable with, various forms of aches crop up, esp. if you already have a condition or have been physically hurt.
Winters are typically associated with several types of body pains. Particularly, we’ve seen higher incidences of nerve – related pain, joint pains and vascular pains during the season.
Manage your pains by following these 6 tips:
1. Keep yourself warm: Needless to say, it’s extremely important to keep yourself warm when its gets uncomfortably cold. Clinical research has shown higher incidence of nerve – related, vascular pain and joint pains if your body is exposed to low temperatures for long periods. This is especially true if you are 60+ in age. So, dress appropriately with body warmers, sweaters and jackets
2. Keep yourself physically active: A colder weather reduces average activity levels. An average person walks up to 1,000 lesser steps when its cold. To avoid pain in knees and other joints, it’s especially important to keep up activity levels. Try and take out time for walking in the afternoons or evenings, even if it is inside your house or office.
3. Take care of your diet: It is important to ensure that your intake of Vitamin D, Calcium and Vitamin B complex is adequate. Make sure that your diet remains rich in dal, green leafy vegetables (Vitamin B complex), milk (Calcium) and cheese and egg yolk (Vitamin D).
4. Get enough exposure to sunlight: Lesser exposure to the sun causes Vitamin D deficiency during winters, which can result in fatigue, lethargy and general body pains. Make sure to get at least 15-20 minutes of sunlight exposure, ideally in the mornings around 9am to 10am.
5. Avoid the wrong foods: Actively manage your diseases like diabetes and hypertension to stay pain free. If you suffer from diabetes, make sure that you do not overeat foods with high glycemic index. If you suffer from hypertension, it is important to keep away from spicy and oily foods.
6. Get expert advice: Visit your pain specialist if your pains continue for more than 2 weeks. Be regular with your prescribed pain medications, but strictly avoid self-medication or overuse of painkillers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
She is suffering from severe leg pain from past 3 years. Her age is 50. Her weight is 85. Please suggest a remedy to reveal her pain.
This for my wife She is a patient of BP This for my wife She is a patient of BP & taking medicines for more than 15 years. She is having pain all over the body, particularly backside from top of back to thighs, whenever she sleeps or takes rest. She does Yoga, exercise, etc. In the morning & a walk in the evenings. Pl help her.
Hi, I am consult about my mother decease she have lot of swelling in body, weight gain and pain in all body.
I am 46 years old female in which age my monthly period will stop in this days I am getting lot of pain in my stomach and in my back body pain please help me.
My whole body pain and I have a problem related my throat. Also I suffer from fever and my neck also pain. please advice
Now from 2-3 days I am going to gym. My whole body is suffering from pain. Shall I take any medicine for pain relief? And what should be my diet for that?
Mujhe last one month se left side mai achank pain and anxiety feel hoti hai chakar aane lagta hai or raat mai saute huai anxiety or badh jaati step chalne par saas phool jaata hai.
I am 16 I got so much tired when I play Cricket match and next day my body pains very badly next day I am unable to attend the college why.
I feel pain in legs,hend fingers,high hunger,thirst and there are some white thing in my urine.i also feel weakness and low stamina. Plese dr. Tell me that what can i do for my treatment ?
It is a form of neurological problem and is caused by the harm or injury of the vital nervous system. It consists of the brain, the brainstem, as well as the central spinal cord. This class of disease can happen by the stroke, the numerous scleroses, the tumors, epilepsy, the brain or Parkinson's disease. The nature of pain linked with this type of syndrome differs moderately because of the diversity of the potential causes.
It may have an effect on a large part of the body or it may be more limited to the specific areas, like the part of the hands or the feet. Also, the degree of pain is normally related to the reason of the injury This pain is characteristically steady, it may create problems in severe way, as well as it is often created inferior while the touching or any kind of the movement, emotion, as well as the temperature changes, generally the chilly weather. People experience pain sensations; the most important of which is burning.
The features are
- Mixed with the burning
- The pressing
- The slashing
- Throbbing painon an uncovered nerve
Individuals might sense numbness in the areas inhabited by the pain. The blazing, as well as, the loss of touch sensation is normally most harsh on the few parts of the body.
Different kinds of the treatment
The type of the treatment offered may offer a number of the reductions of the pain, other than not the whole relief of the soreness, for those persons exaggerated by this problem. The medicines of this treatments are-
- The tricyclic antidepressants
- Anticonvulsants medicines can be helpful.
- Intravenous medications
- Lignocaine and Ketamine
- Deep brain stimulation
- Definitions of the prognosis
It is not a type of deadly disease, but this kind of the syndrome makes a big part of chronic pain as well as the great suffering amongst the greater part of the persons who are going through this type of troubles.
What kind of research is being done?
A lot of the organizations dynamically follow a line of investigation program seeking the latest type of the treatments for the chronic pain as well as the damage of human nervous system. The main intentions of this form of examination are to enlarge the habits to more ingeniously treat as well as potentially repeal the debilitating conditions like this type of the syndrome. The pain medications frequently offer reduction of the pain, but not total relief from the pain, for those persons who are affected by this.
I am suffering from chronic urticaria since more than 2 years and it has reached level of auto immune disease. I am also suffering from knee joint pain in both the knees while climbing stairs and as per knee x-ray membrane is damaged. Though I am taking lupivastin and rosehip extract (Co-rosiflex C) but pain has not subsided completely. Since last 3 months I developed pain in upper right arm and shoulder. I took pain killers for few days 2 -3 times but the pain did not subside so my doctor suggested for USG of arm which showed muscle rupture (suprataneous) and fluid collection in upper arm and I am undergoing physiotherapy as advised. The pain increases while sleeping and I have pain in upper arm and shoulder on getting up as well. After some exercise the pain is relieved but it mild pain remains which aggravates by night or occasionally during day while driving or doing some particular activities. For last few weeks I have developed similar kind of pain in my left arm and shoulder. I want to know what could be the case of such pain, is it related to auto immune conditions or is it due to something else. What course of action is recommended for diagnosis and treatment.
I am 38 year old male. Full vegetarian, no smoking no alcohol have aching problem in my feet, hand and whole body specially in winter its acute. Taken many homeopathy medicine as well allopathic medicine but not permanent solution. When I use cytrigine it is ok for 2 days. But again it starts. Sometime reddishness on skin over and above skin. Consulted skin specialist, physician as well used moisturising cream but no permanent solution. When I apply olive or mustard oil it relaxes but for one night. This problem is acute specially in night when I came home. This problem is for 10-11 years.
Most diseases, small or big, acute or chronic, accident or infection, have one common factor - pain. In most cases, in addition to reducing the severity of the infection or the impact to various structures from the trauma, managing pain assumes a bigger role. It is only when the pain is controlled can the bigger picture of disease management be done, as the patient would be inconsolable.
To this effect, in addition to pain killers, the most inexpensive and easily available modes of pain management are heat and cold. Though all are not aware, there are specific instances where heat and cold should be used as listed below.
Heat: Some of the common modes to heat therapy include heat pads, warm baths, paraffin wax system, hot water bottles, air-activated heat pack, or warm oils. Heat acts by improving blood circulation and nutritional supply to the body parts and is best suited for stiff joints and muscle soreness.
Some common ways to heat therapy include:
- A warm shower or bath in the morning - this will ease morning stiffness and get you ready for exercise.
- Apply a heating pad on the sore/stiff areas for up to 20 minutes - Use optimal, bearable temperature to avoid skin burns.
- Wrap the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes with a moist heat pad. A wet towel can be put in the freezer and then warmed up in the microwave. Moist heat pads are also available with local pharmacies.
- Warm mineral oils can be applied to the stiff joints of hands and legs. Leave it in place for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- For sore hand and foot joints, warm paraffin wax can be applied using the equipment available at drug stores. This will help ease the pain and soreness. Soak in a warm whirlpool.
Contrary to heat therapy, cold therapy acts by reducing blood flow to the affected area and numbing the nerve endings, thereby reducing the perception of pain. It works well for acute pain cases like fresh injuries and post-exercise inflammation.
- A cold wrap with ice cubes can be applied to the painful area for about 15 to 20 minutes. This can be repeated if required after a break.
- Alternately, a wet towel can be put in a plastic bag and kept in the freezer for 15 minutes and then used as a cold pack.
- The affected joint can be submerged in a container of ice and water.
- Cold gel packs are available at stores - these won't leak, will stay cold longer and can be easily wrapped around a joint.
Cryotherapy, as cold therapy is also called, is not as effective as heat therapy, though it does provide immediate relief.