Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lata RavichanderYour feedback matters!
I m not having my periods regularly and I m sexually active but I no I m not pregnant what r d reasons for it and what should I do to make it regular and there are no irritation nothing else.
Hi Madam ND Sir. A girl has taken ECP Ipill and she has withdrawal bleeding after 8th day. She is now Two days before her missed period. And Test prega news advance 2 times at same day nd First urine of morning. But Two test are showing negative. She is pregnant or not? Plzz help me.
I am 28 years old and my son is just 3. Iam wearing a copper T for the last three years. My periods has been missing for the last two months and now I found that Iam pregnant. I doesnot need a baby now. How can I achieve a mis carriage? What are the possible options in home? my Last Menstrual period was on Jan 20. How does I became pregnant with a copper T?
I had unprotected sex for the first time in months using the pullout method on Friday, and got my period on Saturday. I had no symptoms save for some cramping Saturday which I thought were ovulation cramps. My period is also lighter than normal. I've been on a weird sleep schedule, and have gained weight in the past few months. I was wondering if I could still be pregnant, or if it's just timing. My last period was December 30th.
I need to know about the contraceptive pills which would be safe for my wife to use it regularly. As I'm not that fond of using condoms. Thanks.
Hello Dr. I had sex with my partner right a day after last day of period on 26 Nov 2016, and gave unwanted 72 within 18 hrs, but her period is not arrived so far ,and did urine pregnancy test on 1 Jan 2017 shows negative result, again did on 2 Jan again shows negative ,test has done with early morning urine sample, I am very scared, is there chances of pregnancy, why period is not arriving, wht to do. No sign n symptoms has ever seen ,no implantation bleeding has seen. please suggest me wht to do.
My period is on 4th Nov. I got my periods but it not looks like a period when I go to washroom only I can see some amounts of bleeding. Previously3 months I have not seen yet like this. Just in this month I came across like this. Today I tested but. It is negative.
My wife is suffering from vagina pain. At the time of sex, when feeling come then she feel pain in her vagina iner portion of vagina. Pain arise not at the time of sex, before sex when her feeling comes.
I have Vagina infection around from 15 days I proper clean my Vagina Every day through v wash but still it's so much itching and side area is too reddish. So please suggest any medicine for this?
Hello Dr. my wife actually we are trying to a baby but we always fail we don't know what is problem.
I got boy baby exactly two months back by LSCS method. Now I had sex with my wife. Which has any problem? We feel comfort no issue. And stopped before ejaculation. Please tell me this, for this need any precaution?
On 28 the Feb ,me and my girlfriend where making out while she was having her pants on while I was naked having condom I ejaculated later I fingered her. On 8th of March we again made out with her having pants and I ejaculated in condom. And 18 we had the same. On 15th March I did pregnancy test it came out negative. On 23 I checked for pregnancy it came out negative again. But her period is late by 14 days now. She always has irregular period but for past 2 months she was having regular period. She had whitish excretion which stopped on 26 march. During which she had cramps in her stomach. On 30 march I did pregnancy test which came out negative From 29 march she has taken progesterone 5 mg ,10 tablets. She is having cramps but no sign of periods yet. Very tensed please help? Can any body get pregnant without direct insertion into vagina? Why for two months she had normal period on time and now she is not having period on time?
I have attended pubic two years ago. Till now I don't get regular periods (menses. I.e once in 3 months or 4 months. Can I know when will it get corrected ?and wat are the things should I follow?
I'm scared of making any physical relations with any girl. Because I'm scared of losing my virginity. My friends told me that it hurts a lot.
It is important for you to know how pregnancy affects your thyroid gland. The thyroid hormone plays an important role during pregnancy in the development of the baby and also regarding the health of the mother. If you suffer from thyroid problems during pregnancy, you should take medicines and certain thyroid function tests.
How pregnancy affects normal thyroid function?
The pregnancy hormones known as human chorionic gonadotropin or hCG and estrogen lead to increased thyroid hormone levels in your blood. The hCG made by the placenta stimulates the thyroid to produce excessive hormones. Increased estrogen leads to higher levels of the thyroxine binding globulin, which transports the thyroid hormone in the blood.
Because of these normal hormonal changes, thyroid function tests are difficult to perceive during pregnancy. The thyroid hormone is very important for the normal development of a baby’s nervous system and brain. During the first trimester of pregnancy, the foetus depends on the supply of thyroid from the mother via the placenta.
In healthy women, the thyroid enlarges during pregnancy. An enlarged thyroid can indicate a thyroid disease, which should be diagnosed immediately. Thyroid problems are difficult to diagnose during pregnancy because of the increased hormone levels, increased thyroid size, fatigue and other factors.
Hyperthyroidism in pregnancy
Hyperthyroidism may occur in pregnancy because of Graves’ disease where enough thyroid hormones are not produced. Graves’ disease is an autoimmune disorder in which the immune system attacks the cells and organs of the body instead of fighting bacteria or viruses. With Graves’ disease, an antibody is released by the immune system called the thyroid stimulating immunoglobulin or TSI. This causes the thyroid gland to produce excess thyroid hormone. In many cases, the antibody is also associated with eye problems like bulging, irritation and puffiness. Graves’ disease commonly appears during pregnancy, but women with this disease from before may actually observe improvements in the symptoms during the second and third pregnancy trimesters. The remission or the disappearance of the symptoms of Graves’ disease may occur due to the general suppression of the immune system, which occurs during early pregnancy. The disease is likely to recur and worsen in a few months after the delivery. It is important for pregnant women with Graves’ disease to be monitored carefully.
Hypothyroidism during pregnancy may lead to a developmental delay in the child. Sometimes, hormone therapy is given to women who are at the borderline stage in thyroid function during pregnancy or just before pregnancy. The treatment of the condition aims at maintaining a proper and balanced thyroid hormone level in the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
Ayurveda empowers an adjusted condition of being to bolster great health. This adjusted state incorporates blending the psyche, body and soul. Amid this seasonal transition, we need to help you to remember strategies you can use to balance out and fortify your prosperity. The accompanying rundown of tips can help you get your equalization on.
- Develop a positive mentality: You can't pick your encounter in your ordinary life, whether it is a road turned parking lot or a rainbow. Be that as it may, you can simply develop a state of mind of taking a gander at the brighter side of things and not ingest the toxicity of any experience. It will make you a Sattvik individual who is benevolent, pardoning and strong to great and terrible times.
- Adjust yourself to nature: Natural biorhythms are continually influencing our psyche and body. Our cognizant endeavors to take after every day standard and seasonal routine will help us keep any irregularity. The unstoppable force of life is a genuine supply of energy and there is no explanation behind us to feel drained and exhausted. Interfacing with lively components of nature dispels depression and fills our existence with trust, euphoria and inexhaustible positive vitality.
- Tangible regulation: Don't give your faculties a chance to take you for a wild ride. As indicated by Ayurveda tactile abuses and mishandle is the primary stage to make any awkwardness and illness. It debilitates your Mind and commits you inclined of repeating errors of judgment (pragya-aparadha). Controlling tactile longings will make a steady mind, which is most vital for settling on life-feeding choices. An every day routine of Meditation will help you accomplish the somewhat easily.
- Detoxify: Get the Ama out. We resemble a vivid embroidered artwork woven together of our surroundings and our faculties, alongside our body, psyche and soul. As an individual we are a system of vitality and data in another inconceivable sea of vitality and data. Keeping the bodies clean is the initial move towards feeling fundamental and fiery.
- Keep all the moving parts moving: Transformation and change is consistent in the body. Physical activity and development will enhance flow help in detoxification and will develop a sentiment delicacy and solidness. The medicinal examination says, 'Maturing Heart prompts a maturing Brain'. Day by day practice alone is a standout amongst the most effective against maturing exercises that interface your heart and cerebrum. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.