Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lata RavichanderYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I am going for holidays and wanted to stop my periods for 7 days. Can you suggest me some pills for it. Thanks.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.
I am 23 year old girl and I am overweight, I am suffering from PCOD my Dr. Prescribed me to take 'ginette 35 tab. I had consumed 21 tabs as he told me to give a gap of 7 days then he sayed to consume it for another 21 days, now I have consumed 18 tabs and my period was started 17 november and its not stopping. I consult my Dr. And he told me to consume tab Pause. Instead of having the the tab PAUSE periods don't stops then he told me to take tab primolut-n. Now please tell me what is reason of the problem and please tell me what should I do?
Hi Sir, Im 23 yrs. I got intimate with my fiance on 21 may (no penetration just rubbing genitals n fingering). After 6 days I got my periods on 27 may. On 8 June I did urine pregnancy test thrice all were negative. Could I be pregnant? What are chances of missing my next periods (of june) since the timespan between the act and periods was just 6 days? Please help sir.
I have my periods for more than 1 month, still it is continuing. The flow is not heavy. Please help me what to do.
Hoi. Dr. I want to ask a question DAT what precautions should I do while in pregnancy in the month of seven.
I'm pregnant and I'm awaiting my 45th day scan. I feel pain in my left side of the lower abdomen. Please advise.
Hi, I am 20 years old and I masturbate since I was 12 or 13. After 7- 8 years, I can feel how adversely it has affected my health, both physical and mental. Low in energy, depression and anxiety for more than 2 years now, eye problem (near sightedness), loss of interest in life, hairfall, greying of hair, unstable hormones (have terrible acne problem) etc. Are some of the problem I face. The condition became worse when I got into watching porn, masturbation and orgasm cycle. It has become like an addiction and feels terrible, the amount of dopamine which I have received from orgasm, can't be found in other things of life. I would like to get rid of this addiction and cure everything I am facing because of it, get back to normal life as soon as possible.
I have irregular periods. I had unprotected sex twice in a week. First time I took a p test. It came negative. Next time I used a contraceptive pill and took a p test and again came negative. But I am not having the periods. What should I do?
What is the side effects using antibiotics ( Ciprofloaxcin and Norfloaxcin) on initial pregnancy stage.(Fusing time)
I am suffering from pcos my right ovary is resolving 8.5 but in. Left side of ovary my cyst is 14.5 I took alot of medicine since about 2 years I consume obimet sr 1 gram but since one month I stop it because many people tell me dat its nt good to consume metformin for along time please suggest me wht shall I do my periods are some time regular some time irregular but so painful cnt bear only pain but blood is nt passing so please suggest me shall I hv to continue metformin or nt i. Am. So tensed.
Flatulence, loose stools
50 - 70 gm curd + 3 -5 gms Haldi/turmeric mixed it. Take it for 3 days once a day only.