Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lata RavichanderYour feedback matters!
My name is Barkha I'm 30 years old I'm 8 months pregnant started on 7th oct I'm having swelling on hands nd now my bp level is vry high my Dr. told me to control on salty products give me the best suggestion I'm worried.
My friend took unwanted 72after foreplay in panic now she is worried about her MC please tell me is there any effect on monthly cycle? Last time she had her periods on 24 and when her periods will come?
Am talking about my mom who is 47th years old and her hemoglobin rate is 11gms which is 76%, WBC are 9500/cu mm and her platelets are 2, 30, 000/cu mm. Is it normal if not what she do? And blood sugar (fasting) 102mg%.
I have been advised hysterectomy and a correction of prolapsed bladder. Please tell me what is the procedure likely to be (will a mesh be used, stitches etc) and how many days I will have to spend in the hospital.
I am 21 years old, I have missed my maturation date. Its ordinary comes on 21 but this month it came on 31, while it also had happened before 2-3 year. That time it had missed for 1 Or 2 month. But after that it came normally. Now I am worry that sudden gap.
My wife was treated for Breast Cancer 5 years back. She is fine except she has lymhodema in left arm. Is their any treatment for this problem? I have told by AIIMS that she has do certain regular exercise and in-addition she is using Compression sleeves and Machine also. Any further suggestion to keep under control?
Hi. I am 25 years old lady but still I look like a teenage girl. I am mentally going depressed frustrated day by day. I could not concentrate on ny work of mine. The whole day I just waste my time by only listening music. I frequently feel like of crying. I feel like m in complete darkness all alone and nobody is there for me. although I remain seated or share few of family talks with my mum dad nd my sis but still instead of this I feel myself all alone in ds world. I often think of suicide but never attempted it bcz of fear of family nd yes I will not do dat coz its wrong. Nd pne more thing I had also a 4 year post kidney transplantation operation. Thankyou.
I am 32 years old, last year in the month of june I removed my left ovary due to ovarian cyst which is dermoid. Since last 6 to 8 months I am suffering from pain in the left side in kidney along with pain in the muscles of both legs.
Sir my wife had her last period on may6. Now its been 53 days since her last period. During these days we tried to contact several times. She have all major pregnancy symptoms. But we have done many tests like ultrasound, urine, blood and home tests. All are shown negative. We are really confused whether she is pregnant or not. Please give some advice.
Is white water discharge leads to back pain or stress or lower abdomen pain by chance and why is it so?
Hi Doctor I had sex with a girl and accidentally she got pregnant and she trapped me now she is not willing to abort how to abort please give me advice.
Hi i am 21 years old My question is maine sep 5 ko sex kiya nd oct 5 ko date nhi aayi nd mene test bhi kiya 2 baar negative aaya. Uske baad mene menses. R tablet li. Uske baad muje date aa gyi thi. 28 oct ko Nd nov mai 2 din date aayi. Nd dec mai muje date nhi aa rhi hai Kyaa mai pregnant hu. Please
With the recent number of breast cancer cases on the rise, it is important that we should get the examination done on a regular basis as a preventive measure. Even if someone is suffering from it, it is important that we should make an effort and learn about.
If you have breast cancer then a surgery will be part of your treatment. Based on the condition, surgery will be carried out due to any of the following reasons:
1. To remove the cancerous tissues from the breast
2. To reconstruct the breast once the cancer is removed
3. To check whether the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm
4. To treat symptoms of cancer that has progressed to an advanced stage
Breast cancer surgery may be classified into two types
1. Mastectomy: Mastectomy involves removing the entire breast; tissues in the adjoining region may also be removed. A double mastectomy is a procedure where both the breasts are removed.
2. Breast-conserving surgery: In this surgery, only parts of the breast affected by cancer are removed. The area of the breast that is to be removed will depend on the severity of the cancer. Some healthy tissues may also be removed in this surgery.
Usually, if a woman is in the initial stages of cancer then she may opt for the latter as it entails removing parts of the breast. They may also undergo radiation therapy along with these surgeries.
For checking if the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm, the lymph nodes are removed from the body. Once they are removed, they are studied under a microscope to check if it has spread, if yes then the extent of their damage. This procedure is carried out along with the surgery to remove the cancer.
Once the mastectomy procedure is completed, you can opt for a breast reconstruction surgery to rebuild the area. You may opt for this procedure at the time of breast cancer removal or at a later stage. If you are considering breast reconstruction surgery then you should discuss with a surgeon.
Surgery is sometimes not used to treat cancer, but in slowing the progression of cancer or even reducing its symptoms.It is important you talk to your surgeon before the procedure to understand the goal of the surgery.
Diagnostic tests- Females
We provide testing for fertility by all modalities ranging from reproductive hormones to diagnostic ultrasound to ascertain the cause. It is advisable that we make you undergo these tests before your final treatment/ plan of management is started.
- Blood tests – These include a whole array of blood investigation ranging from CBC , Urine routine microscopy, RBS, TSH, PROLACTIN, VDRL, HIV, HBSAG, HCV, AMH. And any other test depending on the history of the couple.
- Transvaginal ultrasound- A complete ultrasound of the uterus an adenexa is done to diagnose any anatomical disorder.
- Specific tests – In cases of recurrent implantation failure and recurrent pregnancy loss or if required other tests are also advised.
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy – For many, this test is an important part of a fertility evaluation .Laparoscopy takes place under general anaesthesia with small incisions made at or just below the navel and the pubic hairline. A laparoscope (a small-diameter telescope) is passed through the incision, which enables one to view the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and pelvic cavity for abnormalities. We can check that the tubes are open (tubal patency) by injecting dye through the uterus and observing it spill or not through the ends of the fallopian tubes.
Hysteroscopy uses another small-diameter telescope called a hysteroscope. This enables to assess the uterine cavity for abnormalities such as polyps, adhesions or fibroids.