Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Lalitha K.J.Your feedback matters!
My specs point became -3.75 n more. still it is increasing. please suggest. How can I improve my eyesight?
: my brother is aged 15 yrs. He has zero vision since 7 years now. We got him consulted with various doctors from major hospitals like lv prasad eye institute, hyderabad to shankar netralaya, chennai. Doctors have diagnosed the problem as lebers congenital amaurosis (lca). He was one of the brightest student in his school. He liked cycling and running, but he can't do either. He is a fighter and is learning mobility and braille. I can't see him like this for entire life. Doctor's say that this is a rare disease, but I feel there definitely would be some way out. I request all the doctor's please help my brother see this world. Thank you
Greetings, My left eye left side constantly some of small black color dart is coming when i saw computer, but any continuous leave that time i couldnot see when i saw tv, book reading & cooking but very rarely coming i already gone eye check up they said no power coming but i feel like this. More over no tears are coming, tears level was very low(even cutting onion no tears coming). Every morning i feel headache in centre of eyebrows, once i tightly hold tat area tat time i felt good so pls suggest me i can i do for next & i know the reason too.
I'm having darkcircle below my eyes. What are the symptoms of it nd how it can be cure as early as possible. Please tell me I'm having it last 4-5mnth.
Respected sir I am md danish raza from ara bihar. My nephew 7 year old. Before 1 week we observed that my nephew do not seen clearly from left eye. His eyes never been red or tearing. Then we contact to near eye specialist doctor. During checkup doctor using many glass lenses but no any glass improving his visibility. Many types of lenses use but doctor says no lenses fitting according to his eye. Doctor do not say which type of disease. So please sir tell me which type of disease .and what is treatment for it.
I have red eyes since last ten days and I have pain too in my eyes may be my work is full day with computer and at night I can see my eyes red shall I use any eye drops.
I have red eyes problem I can't sit in front of the computer for long time shall I get any eye drops for this. My eyes goes painting too I am facing this problem since last six months.
This this Erik, 20 year old. I'm student of IIT KANPUR. Actually sir/madam, I have problem with my concentration. When I start my study, I start thinking about other things (mainly about my girlfriend, about my social sites etc) which leds to break my concentration. In earlier days there were no such problem (in my school days).
Is removal of cataract neccesory? Which technology is best? What type of lens u suggest for age of 39? What r the complication of cataract operation?
What is the problem if my head is in pain. No problems with my body is it an eye issue or any other disease tell me please. Waiting for your reply.
With everything requiring a computer to execute, more and more people end up looking at the computer screen for hours on end. This could range anywhere from a couple of hours to really long hours like 16 to 18. The effect of is a group of symptoms, which are collectively known as computer vision syndrome or CVS (syndrome means a collection of symptoms). The cause of this is the strain and pain resulting from constant staring at the monitor.
It is a type of repetitive stress injury, where a particular organ, the eye here, is subjected to repeated action (staring at a monitor) resulting in a group of symptoms. This is also compounded by age, where the flexibility to adjust to near and far vision is gradually reduced.
Symptoms of CVS:
There is no damage per se, but a constant strain on the eyes leads to:
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Dryness of the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Headaches and neck/back aches
This could be a progressive condition, where the symptoms get worse with time. Treatment is definitely an option once the problem sets in, but this is a condition which can be definitely prevented with some simple, effective steps.
- Desk arrangement: Make sure the desk or monitor is slightly below eye level, about 30 inches away from the face. If you are straining the neck or the back to look at the monitor, it requires a change. The chair also can be changed in height to suit the seating. Also, prints can be pinned to the workstation when something is being typed, so constantly looking up and down while typing is avoided.
- Screen type: Move away from the older tube-style monitor with an LCD screen, which is easier on the eye. Check the computer settings so that brightness, contrast, and font size and shape and contrast are altered to suit your convenience. Ensure you are not requiring to strain to read.
- Alter the lighting: Look around you, and ensure there is adequate lighting with no glares on the monitor from surrounding windows or bright lights. A glare filter on the monitor is an effective way to manage this.
- Rest your eyes: Follow the 20-20-20 rule, with a 20-second break every 20 minutes where you look at something 20 feet away.
- Keep them moist: Blink your eyes constantly to ensure there is enough moisture. Eye drops can be used if required additionally.
- Frequent breaks: Not just your eyes, this also reduces strain on the neck and the back.
- Regular eye checkups: An annual visit, especially after 40, is a must for optimal eye health.