Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lalita TakYour feedback matters!
My five years old daughter is diagnosed with -2 diopter. How can I protect her from being high myopic.
Hi, My Kids age is 3.3 years/M and he speaks only few words and not forming sentences, as recommend by pediatrician we took MRI, EEG and every thing is normal. He speaks the few words what ever he is required. Is this any problem or will it be normal for boy babies. Some times while sleeping we found sweat on his fore head.
Sir, I got twin babies premature. I am unable to feed both due to low milk production. Is there any way to increase her milk production. Doctor asked to feed babies with formula feed (nestle pre nan). But due to family problem I am unable to purchase formula feed. Can you please suggest me whether goat's milk can be given to babies instead of formula feed. Or there is any other substitute for formula feed. I will be obliged.
I have 10 months baby boy. Doctor prescribe iron based rubired medicine for him in 7 month, they said it should be taken three month. But due to baby constipation I did not give him that medicine. Should I give him now?
My son will be 3 years in April. He has speech delay. He speaks many words but sometimes its baby talking. And repeats many words without any reason. Its very difficult to understand what he is saying. He has behavioural disorder also. I have consult Pediatric and psychrist also. He has not autism. He understand everything but can not explain anything. Only baby talking. Pls suggest aromatherapy can help in this.
My baby boy is 8 month old he has continuous cold cough and running nose and sometime fever what medicine should I provide him pls tell me.
Hello Dr. My daughter is 3 years old, she is very stubborn and often speaks very badly about intimate body parts. We have tried so many times to stop her but she continously embarass us on this issue. Day by day she is getting very hyper. We are very worried. Please guide us what to do ?
I have two and half month baby, he is sleeping in a day but daily not sleeping for whole night please give me any solution for changing his sleeping cycle?
Growth hormone or somatropin is responsible for cell growth as well as reproduction. But insufficient somatropin production by the pituitary gland may result in lack in height. It is mostly caused by a serious brain injury, any prevalent medical condition or might occur as a birth defect.
- Congenital GHD - This form of GHD appears from at the time of birth itself.
- Acquired GHD- GHD can be acquired during later life as a result of trauma, infection, tumor growth within the brain or radiation therapy.
- Idiopathic GHD- Idiopathic GHD is the third, and comparatively worst kind of GHD since it has no treatment.
GHD is mostly permanent, but can also be transient. Read on to know how to detect whether you or your child is suffering from growth hormone deficiency (GHD).
- Restricted height- Compared to other children of your child's age, he/she may be of shorter height, which is a rather conclusive sign to detect somatropin deficiency.
- Chubby and comparatively younger appearance- Your child may have a proportionate body, but if he/she is unnaturally chubby and has a baby-face compared to other children, he/she may be suffering from GHD.
- Late puberty- Your child's puberty maybe later than usual or even not appear at all, depending upon the gravity of the GHD.
- Hypoglycemia and exaggerated jaundice- Low blood sugar is amongst the most primary manifestations of GHD, along with extended duration of jaundice.
- Micro-penis- Micro penis condition is one of the incident signs of GHD, which later escalates to growth deficit as the infant gets older.
- Fatigue- Adults with GHD may experience extreme tiredness throughout the day, with reduced muscle strength.
- Osteoporosis- Osteoporosis, along with bodily deformities, is a common sign in adults with GHD.
- Lipid abnormalities- A test of your lipid profile may reveal abnormalities in LDL cholesterol, insulin resistance, and impaired cardiac functions.
Tests to determine GHD:
- Physical test- A chart is drawn to determine the proportion of height and weight with respect to your age to detect anomalies.
- Hand X-ray- A hand X-ray can determine whether the age of bones are at par with your age.
- MRI-MRI scan can determine the health of your brain and pituitary gland.
- Test for other hormones- Growth Hormone may not be solely responsible for your health condition, so it is important to determine if other hormone levels are all normal.
- Hormone supplements- Hormone supplements like corticosteroids (hydrocortisone or prednisone), Levothyroxine (levoxyl, synthroid, etc), and others work to replenish the deficiency of pituitary hormones.
- Growth hormone injection- GH is injected beneath your skin, to cure GDH. This is a long-term treatment and requires constant monitoring.