Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. LakshminarayanaYour feedback matters!
I'm get two times for seizures In the mid night. One is three years back. Consulting the doctor using 3 months medicines. And now recently is got another one. Mid night time. Same I'm consulted again he was told that continue using medicine for life long I am using Levi pill 500mg tablets. Every day night. In scanning reports a small rounded non enhancing lesion with peripheral hyper dense rim with few tiny calcification and central heterogeneous Isodense area of 8mm noted in the right frontal cortical region with minimal perilesional edema -s/o likely healing granuloma rest of all OK normal.
I have developed tingling sensation/numbness mostly in sole and palm.However sometimes it is felt at the other part also.I have also developed pain in my shoulders. With the input of medicine(Jalra M 500/50),the diabetese is under control.I am also suffering from gas formation in my stomach which always disturbs me while i amm attending a meeting/conference. Please help. 48 yrs.Male
I want to know about Parkinson's disease in detail. What is the cure. I am suffering with the disease. Kindly guide.
I am having constant head aches dese days It's frequency is once a month. Its too unbearable I'm having did prob for almost 1 year. Is dis a symptom of migraine.
Migraine Clinical Picture
What Symptoms Occur During a Migraine Attack? •
Migraineurs have recurrent, severe, and disabling attacks of headache, often unilateral and pulsating, along with symptoms of sensory disturbance, such as light, sound, and odor sensitivity. Nausea and neck stiffness are other common symptoms, and symptoms can be aggravated by movement.
• Some patients experience dizziness during attacks.
• About 20–30% of patients experience aura and neurological symptoms (e.g., visual disturbances), which usually precede the headache phase of an attack.
• Premonitory symptoms such as yawning, irritability, tiredness, cravings, and difficulty concentrating sometimes precede headache onset.
What Is Migraine Aura, and What Symptoms Can Occur?
• An aura is any neurological symptom that occurs shortly before the headache attack. Visual symptoms (e.g., flickering lights or zigzag phenomena), somatosensory symptoms (e.g., paresthesias), speech problems, and rarely, motor symptoms can occur during aura.
• Symptoms usually last >5 and <60 minutes.
• Before migraine can be diagnosed, other possible neurological deficits must first be excluded.
• Cortical spreading depression (see below) is thought to be the pathophysiological cause.
What Can Trigger a Migraine?
• Shortness of sleep, irregular sleep, or too much sleep
• Stress (or in some patients, relaxation from stress)
• Alcohol (e.g., red wine)
• Caffeine (e.g., coffee, chocolate)
• Foods containing glutamate or aspartame
• Vasodilating drugs (e.g., nitrates) Epidemiology
How Many People Are Affected by Migraine?
• Women: about 13–18% of the population
• Men: about 5–10% of the population
• Numbers may be lower in Asian populations Chronic Migraine About 4% of the adult population experiences chronic headache, i.e., headache on 15 or more days a month. About half of this group has chronic migraine, and the other half has chronic tension-type headache Disorders/Abnormalities That Can Be Comorbid with Migraine
• Back pain
• Stroke and cardiac disease
• Childhood vomiting
ONLY HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES CAN CONTROL THIS
I have gastric ulcer and thyroid TSH 8.24 taking thyronorm 25 mcg, ciplar la, lonazep .25 mg I feel weakness, dull, nerves shivering can I know the cause.
Hello Doctor, I am having a doubt regarding memory loss. From my childhood onwards I am having forgetfulness, I have identified this during my 5th standard. Recently I did blood test for my hair treatment, form that I came to know my vitamin D is bit less (32.2) and also I checked in net about this problem. Got shocked with the info about alzheimer's disease. I am fully confused and afraid. Could you please help me on this? Example for forgetfulness. Having a problem with remembering spellings, vocabulary. Not able to remember unfamiliar place names and route (visited only once) Thanks in advance.
I am 19 years old I have a migrane headache suddenly full headache will come. Monthly once or twice. What I want to do.
Good day to you. For a few months i've been having numbness and weakness in my left leg and scrotum. Got my mri results back and they say. Mild scoliosis at L4 L5 region with minor disc bulge with no nerve compression. No sign of cauda equina. Small annular tear at L4 region with muscular spasm. What's causing my numbness? How do I fix the disc bulge?
I am 67 years old I am diabetic for last 10 years. I take one glucored forte daily. Sugar is under control. I get numbness and pain in feets and palms what should I do?
Sleep is the normal physiological process of our body which is as important as respiration and digestion. Sleep is vital for maintaining our physical and mental health. Normal adults require 8 hours of sleep every day, whereas it 14 to 15 hours of sleep is recommended for for infants and toddlers.
What are the different stages of Sleep
Every human has a natural circadian clock in their body, which is responsible for maintaining our sleep - wake homeostasis. The different stages of sleep include REM and NREM that is rapid eye movement sleep and non rapid eye movement sleep respectively. REM is the deep sleep stage in which it is very difficult to wake up the person as this stage includes the sensory inhibition and all voluntary muscles along with almost all interactions with the surroundings are inhibited. Therefore, a person’s physical stress and tiredness also gets relieved during this stage of sleep. NREM sleep is the stage between REM and awakening and here the person may have sensory connection with his or her surroundings, but may not respond.
Sleep and its benefits
Sleep and stress have a very strong connection with each other. The best way to relieve stress and any other mental disturbance is sleep. It is essential to have knowledge about sleep psychiatry for almost all physicians as they face many sleep deprived patients in their day to day practice.
- Sleep is not only responsible for relieving mental stress and depression, but has other benefits as well
- Sleep is also essential for the normal physiological growth in early infancy and it is vital for development of normal alertness, attention and knowledge
- It also relaxes our voluntary muscles and thereby, relieves us from physical stress
- Sleep disturbance may also aggravate diseases in our body. Sleep is also the state of recovery and healing.
Sleep psychiatry also insist on meditation and ensures that people have normal pattern of sleep, in order to maintain the mental health of the person in a normal state.
My mom is 47 year old. She is suffering neck and arm pain for 2 years. We go neurology and orthopedic doctors and take their medicine but his pain is not complete fine than I go a neuro ortho physiotherapist and the neck paim is solve but the shoulder pain is same. Please give me a medicine name for shoulder pain.
I need to know the permanent cure for migraine. Is it possible?? Which is the safest drug to be used yo relieve a atta of migraine?
In the seventh month of foetus development, your adrenal glands were roughly the same size as your kidneys. At birth, they shrunk slightly, and will continue to shrink throughout your life. In fact, by the time you reach old age, they will be too small to be seen!
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!