Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. LakshmikanthYour feedback matters!
2) Best way to prevent dental diseases is to get the preventive dental treatment done.
3) Decrease intake of sweets made from refined sugar.
4) Personally brush the teeth of your children on a regular basis.
I have 32 teeth in my mouth. Can I grow one more tooth? So, that I can eat my food quickly and I can smile bigger and I can get full paisa vasool from my toothpaste?
I brush daily twice from last 3yrs. And apply many homemade method to keep teeth white. But my teeth still yellow. What can I do for it?
I am 19 yrs old. I am not able to eat food because of ulcers. Its painful. What should I do? Please help me.
Hi, Form past 3 days I am suffering from severe tooth pain and consulted dentist to get rid of that unbearable pain. They went for X-Ray and finalised that my two teeth's nerves were damaged because of hard jerk and started Root Canal Treatment. They have made me to pay 3500/- per teeth for RCT and gonna charge 4000/- per tooth for surgery to remove dead tissues. After this they are gonna charge 7000 min for Cap for a single tooth. I am gonna become fool or these charges are fine in chennai location based on my teeth condition. Please advice.
Dear Doctors, My last lower teeth (both right and Left) comes horizontal position due to there is no space in the mouth frame. Doctors said it should be removed otherwise this horizontal teeth will be affect near teeth. The last teeth could not clean due to it has hidden. I feel pain one side when I chew the hard food and After 5 min pain will be relief. Pl advice.
Since 2 days I am suffering from ulcer. So please suggest me what to do? I am not able to eat anything. Its problem while talking also.
I have a gum bleeding after brushing my teeth every morning. But there is no pain. What is the cause?
I have problem in my teeth, the last teeth is producing some yellow things from gum which is smelling badly since 1 month bt there is no pain only smells bed odour. I need home remedies medicine. Thank you.
Anybody can tell me what's the approx. Cost of doing Veneers. I want to fill the space between my upper two teeth. Thank you.
I hv pain in my lower teeth right in the middle. Dentist said it is immune problem. Can not be cured. Wht should be done now?
Removal of teeth is gradually not the first option for a lot of dental issues. However, a large number of dental infections and other causes end in extraction. The front teeth, because of their visibility, are more likely to be replaced. The back teeth often go un-replaced, though they play a higher role in terms of food digestion and function. In many patients, reasons for impaired bite and crooked tooth are traced back to failure to replace a removed tooth. (Learn more to maintain healthy teeth)
Let us look at the some of the issues as a result of not replacing a missing tooth:
- Reduced chewing/digestive efficiency: The back teeth play a significant role in chewing the food and contributing to the initial stage of digestion. The salivary enzymes play a significant role in digestion when the food is chewed and removal of back teeth tends to make people swallow food faster than if good amount of chewing were to happen. Studies show that loss of each posterior tooth (molars especially) reduces tooth efficiency by 10%.
- Malocclusion: A malocclusion happens due to the empty space created, into which 3 teeth are trying to move. The tooth before and after the empty space tend to slowly tilt towards the empty space in between. Also, the opposing upper or lower tooth supra erupts into this space. Each tooth plays a critical role in maintaining the adjacent and opposing tooth in place, which is lost when a tooth is not replaced after removal.
- Bone loss: The tooth also is essential for maintaining healthy bone, and if not replaced, it can lead to accelerated loss of alveolar bone. Good bone support is very essential for construction of dentures, especially in old age, when complete dentures which are almost always removable need to be done. This is true especially in the lower teeth, where denture retention is a big challenge.
- Extra pressure on other teeth: Not replacing a tooth puts additional pressure on the remaining teeth, leading to accelerated bone loss and wearing off of the enamel.
- Esthetics: There will be a sinking in of the face when back teeth are not replaced, leading to a puckering.
So, the next time, tooth loss is inevitable, ensure you plan how to replace it in the earliest possible time period. The more it is delayed, the more difficult it is to replace it and the more expensive it will turn out for the patient. Fixed dentures or removable dentures can be the options, depending on age, food habits, finances, etc. Implants also could be another option, which is the new-age solution for replacing teeth. A detailed discussion with your dentist, ahead of removal will help you plan better. (know more for Nutrition and Dental Health)