Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. LakshmiYour feedback matters!
My nose leaks water. I think it is CSF juice. Is it harmful? I don't know what to do. Please help me out.
Are you aware of the causes and symptoms of vertigo? Also known as bhrama, vertigo is a balance disorder. It is also referred to as a spinning sensation and head rush. A sense of spinning of the nearby surroundings is experienced by a person affected with vertigo. Standing in an upright position becomes difficult. The onset of this condition occurs in several ways. Ayurveda has a complex explanation for vertigo or bhrama, which is as follows:
According to Ayurveda, vertigo is caused because of your pitta and vata doshas.
- When the vata and pitta doshas get excited, an abnormal functioning of the balance mechanism within your inner ear is caused.
- A vestibular imbalance, or an imbalance in the inner part of your ear is the primary cause of vertigo. It disrupts the coordination of a stimulus and response.
- Any defect or disruption in the proper flow of oxygen to the ear can result in vertigo attacks.
Factors causing imbalance in doshas
- Viral infections like common cold
- Ear problems like discharges, infections in the ear cavity, and perforation of the eardrum
- Certain cardiovascular diseases such as low blood pressure, valve diseases, and improper heart rhythms
- Migraine and anemia
- Certain neck ailments such as cervical spondylosis
- Arthritis and injury to the head that leads to concussions
Several Ayurvedic herbs and remedies are used for the treatment of vertigo. These herbs are added to a patient’s regular diet. They are as follows:
- Ashwagandha improves the flow of oxygen in your body. It is commonly used for dealing with respiratory problems that result in vertigo or bhrama.
- Ginkgo is the most effective Ayurvedic herb for curbing all forms of circulatory problems. It enhances the flow of oxygen to various parts of your body. It is ideal for the reduction and elimination of vertigo. It also cures ringing in the ears, which is a common vertigo symptom.
- The roots of the vacha tree are effective in giving relief to vertigo patients.
- A concoction made of Guduchi Kasaya is effective in curing a vertigo. One should have 30ml of the concoction every morning, at least half an hour before breakfast.
- Other important Ayurvedic remedies that help with vertigo management include Triphala, Sarpagandha, Yogendra rasa, Saraswatarishtha, and many others.
It is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before starting Ayurvedic treatment for vertigo on your own. He will be able to diagnose your condition and severity, and accordingly prescribe the best treatment.
My grand daughter aged 2 years 8 months has difficulty in breathing thru nose and breathes with mouth open probably because of sinuses. can it be cured in homeopathy ?
My right side of nose is swollen and red from inside since long time and it gets dry. Once in a while its bleeding. What should I do please suggest.
My throat is very redness and infected in morning time from 20 days I get many tablets but not relief no solve problem.
I have got a common cold for more than 10 days. Every morning I wake up I have this itching throat what should I do.
Hello I am 20 years old and I am student. My nose gets automatically blocked during night which creates problem me to breath at night what should I do to avoid this?
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is among the common causes of vertigo. It is the sudden sensation of the spinning of your head which occurs with the change of position of your head. It is a disorder of the inner ear. It occurs when calcium carbonate crystals accumulate in large numbers in any one of the ear canals and stimulate abnormal fluid movement in the inner ear. This sends false signals of head movement to the brain. This can also crop up post head injury. Rolling over the bed or quick head movements like when sitting up in bed can also trigger this condition.
The common symptoms of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo are as follows:
- Vomiting and nausea.
- Vertigo Blurred vision
- Intense dizziness
- Loss of balance
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo may be treated in the following manner:
- Medication to get relief from the spinning of your head.
- Epley's Maneuver involves transportation of the calcium particles to a different part of the ear which will no longer cause any problems.
- Brandt-Daroff exercises.
- Sometimes watchful waiting can help a person to recover without having to undergo any other treatment but it is a long process and often involves risk factors.
- Surgery: This option is used rarely when other treatments fail.
A very important thing to remember is that vertigo can lead to falls and driving should be avoided. The patient will need support during an episode to avoid injuries.