Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshman GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hiii, I got an accident before 6 year in my knee (torn of acl nd meniscus of grade 3) and right now my injured leg is getting thinner as compare to other leg. But right now I can not get surgery. I will get my surgery done after 4 month. What should I do to avoid thinning of leg? And is there any problem in delaying surgery?
Sir mera problem ye hai ki mere ghutne mein chalne par kuch aawaz aati hai. Pair mod kar baithne me nas me khichav bhi hota hai. Please advice me.
I am a 22 year old female. I have severe backache in my lower back from the past three months. The doctor said it is because of my sitting posture which I have corrected and used various pain relief sprays. But the problem still persists. The pain is moving down my right leg. Is this bad? What should I do?
Sir I have neck pain my bones are so flexible and it move so easily sir I am so afraid please help me please
My father is suffering from shoulder and neck pain on the right portion of his body. He had consulted a neurologist Dr. Chchabra invivekanand hospital and he has advice for an mri but any how we cant afford it. So what is the solution for it.
I always have pain in my side portion of leg. It irritates me too much. It has also increased my pain in my back.
I am 50 yrs my knee musles are steave unable to fold freely. It was happening since 1 month,whether it calcium defiency ?
What can I do to get relief from back pain and I am also suffering from fever. please tell me how can I get relief from this?
There is pain in on backside of the right thighs, it pains in every position of sitting, standing, walking.
I haven't been able to sleep since 7 days and I am having a severe back pain, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever.
Related Tip: Three Ways to Protect Your Knees?