Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. LakshmanYour feedback matters!
My mother is 45 years old. She is facing skin problems which includes itching, irritation and redness of skin. She uses a medicine named ornoderm which treats them temporarily. Is there any permanent remedy to get rid of this skin problem forever?
He is using elosone ht on his face for whitening and he seems results too but as he stop using it again his his face become dark. Why it has happen.
I have black spots on my face. Since, 2 years I was waiting for removal of those so please kindly give me a suggestion plz.
Hey. Iam 16 year old. And all I want is a best night cream which help me in getting lighter skin tone of my face. So, please please please. Prescribe me an night cream which really effect and offcource cheap.
Dr. how to remove my dark spots in. My face. please give me suggestions? Which cream I can use. To glamorous skin. My face is vry dull. How can I manage. Gv me suggestions for for fairer skin. Nd what should I use for body to glowing skin.(body lotion)?
I have red spots in my whole body and they are itching very much. What should I do, please suggest. Thanking You.
I am 20 years old. My skin was smoother but in past one month it gets drier and I started getting white heads. Is there any remedy so that I can fix up the issue and get my smooth skin back?
I have 6 months old baby boy. Past few weeks onwards I'm suffering for rashes sometimes on my shoulder sometimes on waist and other parts of my body it's itching after one day it's vanished and started new place like my legs. May I know why
Fungal infection from 3 months and I take Cetrizine and use skin care tube. I irritating with ichiting please advice me perfect solution.
My mother is having dark spots on her face she is only of 38 but that fades away her beauty tell me and please give me some solution so I can remove them that are not so much dark but they can be easily seen.
My skin starts to itch when exposed to sun light. Even on gloomy days, my scalp and eye brows itch. My complexion is fair. I am taking treatment for the past 4 months. Of late, I took 7 tabs of ecoflox 400mg, atarax 10mg and antoxid hc, and applied betadip and clomic. But still no improvement permanently. What is the reason for my condition? is there any diet that will help?
I am 20years male. I have a? Ome skin problem my under arms got rashes and It is so black. And I want my face bright. It have many black dots and layers.
hello, i am a 18 guy, i am having some black spots and pores in my face, i want to get rid of them, i need a clean skin and fairy skin. suggest me some methods that will surely makes me fair and clean my face.
Does skin colour can be changed from dark to white? does vitamin c and vitamin a makes skin lighter? my chest is much whiter than hand skin so can I get colour like chest to the hand skin. If yes then what are the methods.
Every woman endures menopause, by the time she reaches middle age. It comes with a lot of complications and skin changes are also not spared. It is vital to know how to fight the skin changes of menopause to take right actions at the right time.
Changes experienced: Major problems faced are hormonal changes and their declines. Ultimately, ovarian activity slows down decreasing in B-Estradiol levels. This leads to hot flashes or warmth feel under the skin, especially on face and profuse sweating. The overall experience leads to decrease in the production of estrogen and progesterone, leading to skin changes.
- Oily Skin: Testosterone production is prominent that stimulates sebaceous glands to secrete thicker sebum making skin appear oily.
- Facial Hair: Some women show development of facial hair, especially on chin.
- Sagging Skin and Wrinkles: Decrease in estrogen leads to fat redistribution. This results in skin sagging on face, neck, hands and arms.
- Elastosis: Lower estrogen levels lead to decrease in collagen and elastin in the skin dermis. UV rays destroy collagen resulting in elastosis.
- Thinning Epidermis: This leads to trans-epidermal water loss and dry skin.
- Hyperpigmentation / Age Spots: Melanin production is tampered after menopause, which causes hyperpigmentation.
How to fight against It:
Here are some tips on how to fight the skin changes of menopause.
- With age, skin becomes dry. Right cleanser with a creamy formula is a solution for dry skin.
- Use heavier cream to moisten your skin. Avoid hot, long showers.
- Skin protection from sunlight is a must. Choose a sunscreen that is from a broad-spectrum SPF30 or higher and use it regularly.
- Due to hormonal changes, wrinkles appear, and hence you need to apply moisturizer on face, jawline and neck regularly. Use skin-care products meant to act against fine lines and sagging.
- Face, hands and chest usually get affected with age spots. Use sunscreen every day. Those who are already affected with spots, use exfoliating products. These products help to shed dead skin cells. Toners may also help.
- Apply moisturiser on hands too and wear gloves while doing household or yard work.
- Eat foods with antioxidants such as brightly coloured fruits and vegetables.
- Soy, which is rich in isoflavones, acts like estrogen in the body.
- Stress tends to make skin drier. Yoga, meditation, etc. helps to relax.
- Do exercise regularly to tone your muscles.
- Sleep well: Beauty sleep is most essential to regenerate your cells. Sleep prevents dark circles under eyes. Around 8 to 9 hours of sleep is recommended.
Now you know how to fight the skin changes of menopause. Follow the tips and then age will be just a number.