Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Patient of breast cancer pathologic grade 3 and no lymph node involvement size more than 3 cm but less than 5 cm .on upper inner part of left breast. Modified radical mastectomy done adjuvant chemotherapy going on .ER neg. PR neg. HER 2 by IHC method neg as reported by TATA Cancer hospital Mumbai .but same hospital showed last impression as uninterpretable when FISH method is used .
I have a rough skin on my face so whatever I apply for getting glow on my skin does not works out, if you can help me for d same dt wud b great. Thank You.
I have a very sensitive skin. I wash my skin every night before sleep. When I wake up my skin becomes oily. Please suggest me any tips to cover up these issues.
I jst wanna know what should I do to get fair. How much lit of water should I drink and secondly I wanna know what should I do to gain my weight. M a veggie!
I have dark spots in my face, they are removing, I have this problem for more then 1year, please give me an idea to remove it.
I am 35 year old woman. I am having dark circles under my eyes. Suggest me some home remedy for this.
I had gone through chicken pox in early 2013. Post then I skin and face has become tanned. How do I need to get rid off it.
Actually I search on the internet that apply honey, milk and lemon juice together work great on skin but my question is how many time should I apply this face pack in a week for better result and can I apply this pack on winter season (because I think lemon should be used in summer for oily skin)?
I wants to tell you about my skin whitening problem this problem is started from the month of july and increasing day by day please tell me the solution of my this problem?
A rash is a distinct change noticeable on the skin. The change may be on the skin color or the skin texture. It might make your skin scaly, itchy, lumpy and even irritated. You might get skin rashes if you are allergic to a particular substance, or if you are under some medicine which may have a side effect. Many cosmetics may also trigger skin rashes. Certain diseases like chickenpox or measles also cause the appearance of skin rashes.
In order to deal with skin rashes, here are a few things you could do and use:
- Care at home: With a sudden outburst of rashes, wash the affected area with water and mild soap to cool it down. Make sure you don't scratch there even if it itches, as that may cause infection. You may also apply ice to help it cool down. Avoid sunlight as much as you can, as it will aggravate the condition. Wear loose fitting clothes so that there is minimal contact of the fabric and the skin as such contact may make the rash itch. Avoid using perfumes or deodorants as even they might set of the itchy feeling. Use a mild soap while bathing.
- Use hydrocortisone cream: Hydrocortisone cream is also known as anti-itching cream. It helps to reduce the itching and redness as well as lessen the swelling. Hydrocortisone is a mild form of corticosteroid. Make sure you don't use it if the affected part is infected or sore because then the results will be the opposite from the one you want.
- Use calamine lotions: Calamine lotions will give you relief from the pain caused due to the skin rash. It will also relieve you of the itching and the irritation, which the rash causes. It will also help ooze dry and watery discharge from the rash. If you are pregnant or lactating, consult your doctor before using calamine lotions.
- Have antihistamine tablets: If the skin rash is due to an insect bite, then you can take antihistamine tablets for it. These tablets reduce itching and lighten the rash until it disappears.
Even when you are using any of the above medicines, make sure you are not allergic to the ingredients of the medicine as that will just cause more complications. So consult your doctor before using any medicine.
There are many commonly occurring fungal infections of the skin like athlete's foot, ringworm, yeast infection and jocks itch. These infections are caused because of warm, moist and humid environment which is ideal for fungal growth. There is no need to worry, as all these conditions are treatable with topical ointments and medicines. Here is all you need to know of common fungal infections of the skin:
1. Athlete's foot: it is diagnosed with skin sample tests. The common symptoms are:
- Burning and itching
- Redness, blisters, softening or breaking down of skin.
- Peeling, cracking and scaling of feet.
2. Jock's itch: jock itch, also called tinea cruris, is a common skin infection that is caused by a type of fungus called tinea. The fungus thrives in warm, moist areas of the body and as a result, infection can affect the genitals, inner thighs, and buttocks. Infections occur more frequently in the summer or in warm, wet climates. Jock itch appears as a red, itchy rash that is often ring-shaped. Symptoms can be described as:
- Itching, chafing, or burning in the groin or thigh
- A circular, red, raised rash with elevated edges
- Redness in the groin or thigh
- Flaking, peeling, or cracking skin
3. Ring worm: ring worm is a fungal infection which can occur anywhere on the skin. It is circular in appearance and often cause the surrounding skin to become scaly. Symptoms are common as of most fungal infections. Ring worm can be treated with many over the counter creams.
4. Yeast infection: they occur when yeast on the skin grows more actively and causes a red, scaling, itchy rash on the skin. Yeast infections are not contagious. It is especially common among people who are obese or who have diabetes. People taking antibiotics are also at risk of such. Yeast infection is one fungal infection with most varied symptoms.
Signs of yeast infection in skin folds include:
- Patches that ooze clear fluid
- Pimple-like bumps
- Itching or burning
Signs of yeast infection in the nail beds include:
- White or yellow nail that separates from the nail bed
Signs of thrush (yeast infection of the mouth) include:
- White patches on tongue and inside of the cheeks
Signs of vaginal yeast infection include:
- White or yellow discharge from the vagina
- Redness in the external area of the vagina