Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. LakshmanYour feedback matters!
I live with a guy and got close to him. I wanna be with him forever but he likes dating girls. Whenever I asked about us, he said its always casual. I decided to move on but I get anxiety feeling every time. He is my flatmate and I get too possessive when he talks to another girl. What to do? How to decrease this feeling of anxiety?
Nowadays, people just don't feel like cooking at home. Ordering takeout is the way to go today. It has become a regular part of your diet. But it is extremely detrimental to your health. You may lick your fingers and savor the moment after that lip smacking bucket of fried chicken or the burger you just polished off, but in the long run, a whole lot of health problems are going to follow suit.
- Restaurant food is extremely fattening and can raise your cholesterol levels sky high. Obesity is now a major modern health problem, which is affecting children since the young age. In adults, it increases the risk of Type 2 diabetes. To our brain, this food is often very rewarding, and we tend to overeat as a result.
- The meat in your burger is so laden with artificial chemicals, that it is hardly nutritive. It is essentially scrap meat that is fattened up and flavored to suit your taste buds. It contains high amounts of ammonia, a chemical that is found in your bathroom cleaning liquid and that is hardly fit for human consumption.
- It is extremely addictive, where the more frequently you eat it, the more you crave it, until you lose all self-control. If you eat restaurant food more than once a week, you have fallen prey to the most common trend of today.
- Restaurant chains are nowadays trying to lure customers with healthier options like salads or soups, but they're hardly healthy and are instead full of preservatives
- The desserts and sodas that you love are full of artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup. Sugar is hardly nutritious and only adds to energy levels, which when not burnt off lead to all the oodles of fat in your belly. It can also increase your resistance to insulin.
- A lot of the ingredients in restaurant food are processed foods that contain artificial chemicals like colorants, preservatives, artificial flavors and textures. Its harmful nature can never be stressed upon enough.
- Eating refined flour on a regular basis is a big no-no. Its carbohydrates are difficult for the digestive tract to break down, once again leading it to being accumulated. Don't get mislead by promises of 'whole grain' items; for even they are whole grain, they are broken down to finer flour that hardly retains its nutritive value.
No wonder it's called 'junk food', it only brings harm to your body. Make a conscious effort to replace it with real, fresh food that actually contains nutrients and not artificial chemicals.
Most of us lead sedentary lifestyles these days which have led us to experience severe problems with our spine. Irrespective of your age, a majority of people today suffer from back pains as a result of sitting for long periods. The most effective way to counter back pain is to strengthen your spine to make it capable of dealing with these aches in a better manner.
These 3 exercises will help you counter back pain quickly.
1. Leg lifts - a lot of us have weak abdominal muscles as compared to other regions and this leads to an imbalance in the muscle strength of different groups. Leg lifts help restore that balance. You have to lie on your back and choose a firm and rigid surface. Start by lifting your legs slowly and avoid any bending. Keep lifting them to bring them at an angle of 90 degrees with your upper body and then return to the starting position. Around 15-20 repetitions of this exercise on a daily basis are bound to give you much relief from recurring back pain.
2. Cycling - this exercise is perfect for building coordination among all the abdominal muscles of your body. Set your body in a sit-up position with your back on the floor and knees bent. Next, move your legs in a pedalling position, as you would do in case of riding an actual bicycle. Continue the movement for about 20 seconds in each direction.
3. Plank positions - in a plank position, you are required to hold your body in a particular position for a specified time period. For example, you can perform a plank position by holding your body in a position that it would acquire during a push-up. Do not rest on your palms and instead bend them at your elbow, so that your weight now rests on the forearms. Breathe deeply and hold the position for a minimum of 30 seconds.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hello i'm 20 years old, I have pimple marks and once pimple is gone it leaves holes in my face, how can I make my skin clear with no marks and holes left by pimples. Please let me know thank you.
What should my goal weight be? How long should it take me to reach my goal? How will losing weight impact my health?
My age is 25 years. my weight is 50kg only so how can I improve my weight? Please suggest me any tips for fast weight gain.
After a pcnl surgery of staghorn stone have developed a 4cm cyst on right kidney with cortical calcification request you to please specify the medical condition my kft is normal with 108 meql of chloride and less urine output sometime as i feel no other complications as of now is the condition harmful for my kidney my urologist is saying its normal and just monitor by a year or so. Pls suggest
I had problem to my girlfriend she is extremely over weight she is around 90kg and also she is short 1.62cm so may I get weight loss medicine? No other problem she feels. Thanks.
Am 25years old, married5month before. From first night husband complaint to me very loose vagina. What I do? Help me.
Vegetables are wonderful for maintaining healthy skin
10 reasons why you should include cucumber to your diet
Cucumbers are said to have the following benefits: Potential antidiabetic, antioxidant activity, cleansing action of toxins and waste, soothing effect against skin irritation, and prevention of constipation. And here are 10 health benefits of cucumbers in more details.
1. Help you stay hydrated
Cucumbers are 95.2 percent water, which means that a 5-ounce serving contains 4.8 ounces or 150 ml water. That’s already about 26 percent of your daily water intake through food.
2. Support heart health
Cucumbers contain potassium (152mg per cup), which can help lower blood pressure. A review of the best studies conducted on potassium intake showed that a higher intake “is associated with lower rates of stroke and might also reduce the risk of total cardiovascular disease.”
3. Protect your brain from neurological diseases
An anti-inflammatory substance called fisetin is present in cucumbers, as well as strawberries and grapes
It has recently been suggested that fisetin plays an important role in brain health: It would have “the ability to reduce the impact of age-related neurological diseases on brain function,” and it would also help maintain cognitive function in people with Alzeimer’s disease.
4. Protect your skin against the effects of aging
There is a reason why cucumbers are used in skin care: They have been shown to be effective as a potential anti-wrinkle agent in cosmetic products, protecting our skin form the effects of aging.
5. Fight inflammation in the body and reduce the risk of Cancer.
Cucumbers can help lower the inflammatory response in the body. They contain polyphenols called lignans, which can potentially reduce the risk of certain cancers and cardiovascular diseases.
They also contain plant nutrients called cucurbitacins, which have anti-cancer properties: “Scientists have already determined that several different signaling pathways required for cancer cell development and survival can be blocked by activity of cucurbitacins”.
6. Relieve Pain
Flavonoids, which are anti-inflammatory substances, and tannins in cucumbers have both been shown to limit the release of free radicals in the body and to reduce pain.
As explained in the Journal of Young Pharmacists, “traditionally, this plant is used for headaches; the seeds are cooling and diuretic, the fruit juice is used as a nutritive and as a demulcent in anti-acne lotions.”
7. Reduce bad breath
Bad breath is usually caused by bacteria in the mouth. Fiber and water-rich vegetables like cucumbers can boost your mouth’s saliva production, which in turn helps wash away the bacteria that cause the odor in the mouth.
8. Protect your bones
Cucumber are a good source of vitamin K: One cup contains 22 percent of the recommended daily intake of vitamin K. This vitamin is essential for bone health, as low vitamin K intakes have been associated with a higher risk for bone fracture. Vitamin K is also important for improving calcium absorption in the bones.
9. Prevent constipation
Cucumbers are rich in water, and their skin contains insoluble fiber. Both water and fiber help food to move through the digestive tract quicker and more easily, helping prevent constipation.
10. Maintain a healthy weight
Cucumbers are very low in calories (16 calories per cup) and they also contain fiber in the skin. And foods that contain fiber can help maintain a healthy weight.
I have pimple in my chest .i had tried so many medicine to remove it. But I fault .please suggest me what should be I do?
How to get reduces the gastritis body? please suggest some methods to control it. Waiting for your replay.
How to reduce weight and what all the food I should take to be healthy. I have got fracture for just falling form one step and got my medial meniscus injured in ma knee while getting into bus. Wat to do?
I'm suffering depression & stress due to this reason not able to do my job regularly. Myself also I seen nervousness and it is generated automatically. I can't do any work also fee lazy. Even I'm sleep but not refreshed next day. Please give solution Doctor.
Exercise - You don't have to belong to a gym club. Thirty minutes walk every day will to prevent weight gain and encourage moderate weight loss.
Reduce fat intake - Cut down on sugar and opt for fruits and vegetables. This helps reduce cholesterol and blood pressure. Healthy food will also lead to better blood sugar control.
Reduce stress - Not everything we want we get. We have to accept that there are things that we cannot control. Managing time is also of great importance too. We must allow ourselves enough time to get things done. Set a time during the day for relaxation.
Improve sleep - Avoid caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, and other chemicals that interfere with sleep. Equip your bedroom with a comfortable mattress and pillows. Sleep in a dark clean and quiet environment.
Meditation - Meditation has been linked to a variety of health benefits. It has been linked to changes in metabolism, blood pressure, brain activation, and other bodily processes.
Positive thinking - People who think positively have an optimistic view of life that affects their health and well-being. Optimism has been shown to explain between 5–10% of the variation in the likelihood of developing some health conditions, notably including cardiovascular disease,stroke, depression, and cancer.
There are many more things you can know and boost your health. Searching for ssohm on internet will help.
I have little pain in abdomen right side I took ordinary scan doctors said it might be kidney stone one in kidney and other in urinary tract. Is it serious condition I don't have any other symptoms.
Fitness info - Newer ways to fitness
Fitness buffs are finding ways to perk up their workouts. And it doesn't have to be as boring with fads like clubbercise crawling and paddling the workouts to 90s classics and charts hits in a dark room with glowsticks
Crawling: It can burn upto 1000 calories an hour. It is on own body weight as lot of versions army crab walk inch worm that tone different muscle groups.
Clubbing: Clubbercise is perfect for old ravers. Dance workouts with all the fun of a night out without a hangover the next day and can burn 500 calories in an hour.
Back to school: Rabble is an hour of school games like hopscotch reworked for grownups for newer generations. And it can burn upto 1000 calories in a session.
Paddleboard: No one can forget the picture of naked orlando bloom on paddleboard last summer, but no need to strip off for this fitness craze which tones every muscle in the body and burn 400 calories per hour.
Get wet: Water workouts are set to make a big splash. Aqua aerobics is a circuit training classes in the pool with timed sprints lengths that isolate top or bottom half and planks at the poolside and expects to burn 500 calories per session