Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. L N GuptaYour feedback matters!
My dog aged 12+ breed Shiba Inu is suffering from wound on back feet & testicle.We apply Neomycin+polymyxin B Sulphate+basitratin Zinc Powder.Please guide us what should we do ?
Factors contributing to obesity are-
Food type: Feeding carb rich and excessive fatty food has cumulative effect leading to obesity.
Neutering - calorie requirements reduce post neutering as the metabolic rate lowers. controlled intake and regular activity helps to keep obesity at bay.
Diseases - Hypothyroidism, Cushing's Disease (excess intrinsic steroids), diabetes etc
Adverse effects of obesity:
Early onset of osteoarthritis/joint disease
Breathing difficulty in short snouted breeds like pugs
Heart disease/high blood pressure
Pancreatitis/hepatitis in cats
Obesity in Pets is completely preventable disease. Cost of managing a obese pet can be financially as well as emotionally taxing. Its always better to prevent than cure!!!!
What diet should be given to German shepherd (4-5 months old)? I' m currently giving 250gms of chicken with boiled rice, chapati with curd or milk and sometimes pedigree.
I have a pet female dachshund never mated. Now she has developed tumor around her nipples. Is surgery only option? The tumor is hard on feeling.
Rough hair coats, diarrhea, malnutrition progressing to intestinal obstruction, and anemia are common issues with worms. We want to feed our pets - not the parasites. That is why we deworm dogs and cats. Don't wait until you are sure your pet has parasites because they have already caused damage at this point.
STRATEGIC DEWORMING GUIDELINES
Strategically deworming dogs and cats is a practice recommended by the American Association of Veterinary Parasitologists (AAVP) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
DEWORMING PUPPIES AND KITTENS
Worms in puppies and kittens are common. This growth phase of their life is when they are most susceptible! Knowing when to worm puppies and kittens is important.
• Deworm puppies and kittens at 2, 4, 6, & 8 weeks of age, then again at 12 & 16 weeks of age.
• Deworm again at 6 months and 1 year.
• Then deworm as an adult.
ADULTS - WORMING DOGS AND CATS
We are recommending the standard here. If your dog or cat is a big hunter, they will need more frequent deworming - you must assess the risk for your pet.
• General Dog or Cat Worming: Thrice a year for life.
o Dogs put everything in their mouth and need deworming twice a year to eliminate the parasites they will pick up. Deworm outside cats thrice a year for the same reason.
• Cats that are strictly inside animals: Deworm twice a year.
• Cats that like to hunt: 3 times a year may be necessary.
NEWLY ACQUIRED ANIMALS
No matter what the history or age, assume they have parasites!
• Deworm immediately and repeat in 2 weeks.
• Then put on the above adult program.
WORMS IN DOGS AND CATS
• Roundworms and Hookworms
• Roundworms, Hookworms, Whipworms & Tapeworms
• Tapeworm, Roundworm & Hookworms
Sir we are a diary oprators in india sir we are suffering from mastitas regular basis we are a 70 catteles please suggest what can we do suffering from clinical mastitas
I have a q regarding my dog's health. he is having vomiting since last 15 days. whatever he eats in next moment he throws out. I gave him digene 1 tbspun in a day as prescribed by his doc nd sporolac powder with food also. he is 2.5 years pomerenian. plz guide me what to do next to improve his health.
Sir I am having a pug puppy of 65 days old and taken his 1st vaccination on 22nd june, 2015. Yesterday she lightly bite by daughter of 6 years old on her nose. Is it necessary to take her vaccine? pls. Advise.
I have a cat normal one. Not persian and all. It is injured. I have no idea someone hit it or its hit by a vehicle. His legs are injured but not bleeding. I applied turmeric to it. What do I do? Any medicine or ointment can be applied? Lybrate Dr. told me to go for x ray and do ice fomentation so is x ray needed? Can't I apply something to his wounds.
I have mix labrador 13 months old and i want him to gain some weight so tell me medium budget diet for him if possible home made diets for him please tell me ?
Hi. I'm 4 months pregnant. I have 2 in and out kittens who at 10 months old. I never clean their litter. Do I still need to give them up?
Doctor actually I use to sleep only in bra and panty and some time only in bra but always I sleep with my pet Labrador male dog in blanket or quilt. When I sleep without clothes his red colour penis is came out and a liquid start drain. I use to sleep with him since 1 year. His penis or that liquid could be harm for me? Should I need to be worry about that? What should I do please explain?
Dear Sir, my 4 n years Old Lahaspho male dog has a problem by birth In its both of back legs (slightly bend legs). But it can walk n run well. Now I consulted a my regular doctor for mating, he said my dog legs were weak and it can't mate a dog. Am so upset seeking for a solution. Is there any alternative options to strengthen my dog's legs. Kindly help me.
Ultrasonic anti rodent/rats machine, is it harmful for human ears or small below one month puppy ears, grateful if you can enlighten.
My dog, Jay, is a German Shepherd and he is three months old. He is skinny and he weighs nearly 8.5 kg. Is this the appropriate weight or should he be weighing more? if so what should be done?
My 2 month old dog is puking from last night. We have him zafron on a vet advice. But it don't stop, also I see that due to some tik powder it sheds his hair very badly. Kindly suggest.
Summer can mean lots of fun outside with your dog. But when the temps soar, take steps to protect your pet. Whether you take him for a walk down the street, a ride in the car, or just out in the yard to play, the heat can be hard on him. Here's how to keep your furry best friend safe.
1. Never leave your dog in the car. No, not even if you think you’ll only be a few minutes. Even when it isn’t that hot outside, the temp can soar inside a closed car. On an 85-degree day, it can reach 102 F within 10 minutes. And that's with a window cracked. After 30 minutes, it could be up to 120. Leave your dog at home, or go places where he can come with you.
2. Keep your house cool. If Fido’s home alone, make sure he can truly chill. Leave the air conditioner on and close the drapes. If you don't have AC, open the windows and turn on a fan. You may want to try a cooling vest or mat to see if they help.
3. Watch when you exercise. Limit when and how much you do when it's hot and humid. Take walks in the cooler part of the day, in the early morning and evening hours. Carry water, too -- enough for both of you.
4. Check the pavement. Before you head out for a walk, touch the pavement. If it's too hot for your hand, it's too hot for your dog's paw pads. Walk on the grass and stay off the asphalt. You also might want to try booties for your dog so his paws don’t burn.
5. Offer plenty of water and shade. Don't leave your pooch alone outside for long. And when he is there, make sure he has shade and lots of fresh, cool water. Add ice cubes when you can. Trees are better than doghouses for shade. They let air flow through. Doghouses can trap the heat and make it worse. Think about a kiddie pool or a sprinkler to help your pal cool off in the yard.Make cool treats. Help your canine chill from the inside out. For puppy popsicles, make ice cubes with tasty treats inside. Or fill and freeze a chew toy to make a chilly snack.
6. Keep an eye on the humidity, too. When the air is full of moisture, your dog may not be able to pant enough to cool himself off. That can raise his temperature, which can lead to heatstroke. Stay inside, and limit exercise, too.
7. Take care of at-risk dogs. Be watchful if you have a snub-nosed pet like a pug or bulldog. Their smaller airways make it harder for them to release heat when they pant. It's also easy for old and overweight dogs, or those with heart and breathing problems, to get heatstroke.
8. Groom your pet. If your dog has long hair, get rid of any mats and tangles. It will help keep him cool. Don't shave or clip his coat before you talk to your vet or groomer. The extra fur that keeps him warm in winter may also keep him cool in summer.
9. Watch for signs of overheating. Your dog can't tell you when he doesn't feel well, so keep an eye out for heatstroke, which can have these symptoms:
I need a pet doctor because my 3 month old pet dog is vomiting and suffered from fever. Please help.
Many animals receive “kennel cough” vaccines that include bordetella and cpi and cav-2 every 6 to 9 months without evidence that this frequency of vaccination is necessary or beneficial. In contrast, other dogs are never vaccinated for kennel cough and diseases are not seen. Cpi immunity lasts at least 3 years when given intranasally and cav -2 immunity lasts a minimum of 7 years parenterally for cav-i. These two virus in combination with bordetella bronchiseptica are the agents, which are often associated with kennel cough, however, other factors play an important role in diseases (eg. Stress, dust, humidity, molds, mycoplasma, etc.).
Thus, kennel cough is not a vaccine preventable disease because of the complex factors associated with this disease. Furthermore, this is often a mild to moderate self limiting disease. It's just like common cold in humans. A course of antibiotics usually is enough to treat the condition. I generally do not recommend kennel cough vaccines unless dogs are staying in a boarding facility that requires them.