Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kusuma M Vijay
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kusuma M VijayYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old I am pregnant now 12 week 3 day I went to nt scan Trisomy 21 is 1: 54 What is tha result? It cure or not?
Hey my girlfriend does not get high during sex. Can anybody help me out with some of the medicines to make it more interesting!
Doctor, I want to ask you about my girlfriend we are 22 years old today we have just having a good time n we are not confirm whether the sperm enter into her vagina or not but we are scare so can my friend take an ipill medicine?
Female ejaculation during foreplay. She discharge white water during kiss before sex. When you touch her vagina she discharge fluid after that she didn't recover for long time. She never had sex. She's virgin.please help
In Ayurveda, vata is considered to be extremely important. It regulates the movements of your body and mind. In the body, large intestine is considered to be the main site of vata as well as in the bone tissue. Therefore, medications which are administered through the rectum affect the bone tissue. Vata maintains and regulates our daily activities, nervous system as well as our excretion. An enthusiastic and a lively mind are all manifestations of a balance of Vata.
Subsequently, its imbalance is considered as detrimental to health. Basti therapy is a treatment that manages the pain and treats the diseases arising from this imbalance. In this, a liquid concoction of sesame oil and other herbs are inserted through the rectum, which in turn treats various ailments arising from the imbalance of vata, such as pain in the joints, in the spine and back as well as painful menstruations.
Before Basti therapy, Abhyangam and Sedanam are practiced. Enema can be assumed, but Basti has power to detox and nourish as well. Yoga Basti for is done for 8 days, Karma Basti for 1 day and Kala Basti for 30 days, or according to the health issues and affected system, in order to drain doshas and nourish dhatus.
There are primarily three types of Basti therapy:
- Uttar Basti
All three of them, individually treat various ailments, some of them are:
- Stiffness in the back and pain in the spine: In this method, pain in the spine and vertebral column are managed and treated. It involves pouring warm, herbal oil on the spinal cord, which is retained by small wells created from flour or gram paste. This method is particularly beneficial for treating back problems. This method nourishes the liquid in the joints that consequently relieves you of the pain.
- Bell's palsy: Bell's palsy is a disease where the muscles on the face become weak or you suffer from a facial paralysis. Basti therapy has proved to be particularly beneficial in treating it. In this, a medicated oil is placed on the head for a specific period of time which helps in treating Bell's palsy as well as any numbness on the face.
- Painful menstruation: Though menstruation is a natural process, most women suffer from extremely painful cramps during this time. Anuvasana therapy is extremely useful in lessening this pain. In this various oils and decoction enema is provided to patients, the consumption of which have resulted in significant improvements. Painful menstruation cramps are also treated by Uttar Basti where medicines are provided through the uterus. This method helps in cleaning the blockages in the uterus as well as providing nourishment to it.
Ailments that accompany monsoon: Though monsoon provides relief from the scorching summer, but at the same time it is accompanied by a host of diseases. With the onset of monsoon and the fall in temperature, there is a tendency for acidity and the vata that was accumulated in summer manifests itself in loss of appetite, indigestion and piles. Basti therapy operates as a corrective for the vata imbalance and treats various digestion related problems. At the same time it also prevents return of the ailments. The oils and decoction used rejuvenates the body and as well as help in regulating the metabolism.
According to Unani, the act of eating is considered as life-giving, which is essential for both physical and mental health. Hence, Unani recommends a particular set of guidelines as to how, when and what foods should you eat to achieve a balance in the body. And, this includes eating freshly cooked foods for every meal because leftover foods are devoid of “Prana” which is the vital energy, so it restricts digestion and can disturb your well-being.
But we all often tend to store leftovers in the fridge and eat it either because it is easier than cooking every meal or because we end up making more than required and thus have to store it to avoid food waste. But it is an unhealthy practice. Read on to know more in this regard.
- Leftover food is the breeding ground for numerous microbes: None of us refrigerate the foods immediately after cooking. The food is left to be consumed first, and then the leftover is brought down to room temperature and is then refrigerated. This creates an ideal environment for the micro-organisms to multiply at a fast pace and spoil the food. This is the reason why leftover food sometimes doesn’t taste good enough. The classic example of this is cooked rice. The issues with leftover rice primarily arise from the way in which it is stored. According to the reports of the Foods Standard Agency, uncooked rice tends to contain spores of harmful bacteria which are sturdy enough to survive through the initial process of cooking. When the excess amount of rice is not stored at the right temperature, the spores will start spreading and multiplying leading to various digestion problems when consumed.
- Storing contaminated food can lead to cross-contamination: When you are storing foods rich in high bacterial load in your fridge, other foods can also get contaminated with these bacteria. Therefore, the chance of spoiling the foods increases at a fast pace while growing kids are likely to fall ill due to the different doshas occurring in the body.
- Leftover food doesn’t contain any nutrients: Most of us cook foods in high flames which causes a total loss of nutrients. Then we refrigerate it for long hours which worsens the condition of the foods thereby making the foods lack in most of the essential nutrients. Especially, Vata individuals with weak digestion should avoid leftovers altogether as it might cause stomach upset.
Though there are such compelling reasons for not eating leftovers, it cannot be avoided as well in our busy lives. So, in such circumstances, it is advisable to finish the leftovers within 48 hours at the latest. But in general, Unani recommends eating freshly prepared meals with fresh produce as much as possible to maintain overall well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an unani practitioner.