Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
High blood pressure can develop over many years and affects everyone at some point in life but if not treated for a very long time, it can escalate the risks of a number of cardiovascular problems and chronic kidney disorders.
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications.
Different types of hypertension:
- Primary Hypertension: High blood pressure caused by genetic, prenatal or other natural causes like aging (people over 60 develop HBP) is known as primary hypertension.
- Secondary Hypertension: Secondary hypertension is that which is caused due to specific conditions, like kidney disorders, lung disorders etc.
Symptoms Of Hypertension:
It may not show any warning symptoms for several years while it continues to develop. A few tell-tale signs are frequent throbbing headaches, shortness of breath, nosebleeds, excessive sweating but these only occur when there is an extremely serious medical complication.
Complications of hypertension:
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills.
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
We had sex in two weeks back. But we are not sure. We used condoms. Still not sure whether sperm moved or not. These week is the end of periods. As per last period cycle 2-2 would be the period date. Period happened today I mean 1st August. But period blood is too dark. Do I need to fear on pregnancy doc?
I had sex with my wife who is pregnant with 8 month and just after that her ovary is paining, is it something serious?
How to avoid you wanted pregnancy. My wife missed period cycle. Her cycle is first 5 day of the month. And today is last day. Her period comes early 2 day from her cycle but this time she missed. We have 3 months baby boy. By my mistake once I don't use protection. And now we don't want baby now. Please guide us. My wife's age is 25 year old. And her delivery is normal. So please please help me to avoid pregnancy.
Hi Dr. my period start 5 th of may den it stop on 4 th day. I have sex 9n 5 th day but inmorningsix th day I bleeding again. Nw I feel feet burn. Cramps back of thies. Motion again n again all dis happen before I start my period 5 th may. I plan fr baby. Last month I stop novelon tablet I take it 21 days help.
Hi doc. I used precaution bt April 1st itself I got abortion na so is it good to have sex now. thanks.
Knee pains, pls help. Taking stairs and getting up from a chair. And also very bad fungal itching in the vagina. Had taken lot of medicines but nothing seems to help and the nights are miserable.
The immune system is extremely important in an individual's system. A strong immune system helps to combat the invasion of foreign particles and consequently resists the diseases. Vaccination in such a context becomes imperative as it strengthens an individual's immunity. In vaccination, antigens or germs are given in very small doses. They stimulate the immune system to produce antibodies to fight against that particular infection. Vaccinations are provided to both children and adults to protect them from a number of diseases. However, different vaccinations are provided in different ages according to the susceptibility to diseases.
Some of the vaccinations that are provided to newborns are:
1. Hepatitis B vaccine: This vaccination is given in order to prevent the child from having Hepatitis B. Hepatitis B is a liver disease that if persists can lead to liver failure or even liver cancer. This vaccine must be injected immediately after the birth of the baby. The first dose must be followed by administering a second dose within a span of a month or two.
2. Rotavirus Vaccine (RV): This vaccine, taken orally, prevents the infant from Rotavirus. This virus causes vomiting and diarrhea in children that often leads to severe dehydration. This vaccine is administered within two to four months of the baby's birth. Sometimes, on doctor's prescription a second dose may be necessary in the sixth month.
3. Acellular Pertussis Vaccine and Diphtheria and Tetanus Toxoids: This is a combination of various vaccines that protects the child from tetanus and diphtheria. Newborns are extremely prone to diphtheria that causes fatal illness and sometimes even deaths in children. This vaccination thereby, is extremely important and must be administered within two or four months and must be followed up with secondary doses later under the doctor's supervision. Vaccinations do not end with childhood. In many cases adults too need to be vaccinated against certain diseases. Some of them are:
- Hepatitis A Vaccine: You can get this vaccination if there is any risk of you suffering from Hepatitis A. Much like Hepatitis B, Hepatitis A too is an acute liver disease. This is extremely fatal and is seldom accompanied by any symptoms.
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccine: This is a sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical dysplasia in women and men. The apt age for both men and women for this vaccination differs. Women who are twenty six years of age or younger and men below or at the age of twenty one are most suitable for this vaccination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 40 years old woman. I have 9 year old baby. Now I want second baby can I get pregnant in this age.
I just want to ask that can I have sex with my wife while she is pregnant in starting months. Is there anything to worry about.
I have recently got married while doing sex last night my condom breaks and sperms got scattered in the vaginaRight now we do not want to became parents of the childhow much chances to get pregnant in this case if yes then how to over come out from this situation. Please advise!
Hi, I am f 20 I had sex with my bf and I feel I am pregnant and it has been 2 weeks I had sex. So how can I do abortion at home with misoprostol pills. Please help.
Hello doctor, I am 29 years old female married, Now a days my nipples are paining not breast, please tell me why it is happening, I am very worried. Thank you in advance.
Hello, meri shaadi ko 6 month hogaye shade k bad se har mahine meri wife k periods exact date pe hote hai. Is bar ten days extend ho gaye. Hamare mother kehti hai aisa hota hai kya ye good news hai ya kisi problem ke waja se ho raha hai please reply?
I am 41 year old female have fibroid in my uterus, in every monthly circle I face a terrible pain. Doctors suggest to remove uterus, but I am not able to go through with surgery. Kindly suggest.
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids.