Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Kumaraswamy.KYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year old. A pinhole is created in my eardrum due to water in pond. Frequently water is coming out of my ear. I consult to my doctor they suggest me to use serlox D, ceferite-500, montas-L and pentab-40. Is this useful?
My father is 45 years old. He is having infection in his throat which is painful. Which doctor should I consult?
I have tonsils and I am not getting healthy despite my healthy eating .So is there any connection between my tonsils and my weakness.
Continuously water flowing from my nose and eyes and sneezing is also happening can you please suggest me some medicine ?
I am 33 years old. I have throat infection for last 1 month, Doctor says it Pharyngitis & Reflux, Last week I was prescribed Antibiotic- Fynal250, along with GAVISCON syrup & Sompraz - L.But still no full recovery has happened. After followup visit doctor has prescribed ESOFAG L, PAN- D 20, Gaviscon Syrup, Health OK & Dilute Hexidine gargles. Dcoter had earlier advised to do upper endoscopy & Rapid increase test for H-Pylori but since there was slight improvement this test has put on hold. Hence I want to understand whether I am suffering from Reflux?
I am suffering from blocked nose due to nasal polyps in left nose from last 6 month. In night nose is block. And throat mai kharash bhi ho jati hai. I use homeopathic medicine & nasal drop nasivion moist. But daily use of nasivion moist is not good asked by doctor. Please suggest medicine. My age is 40 year &
Hello Dr, Greetings. I'm 36 years old and working for software company. I feel pain in the left ear (right side sometimes) and that pain propagates around the ear for some time. It is not persisting longer time. I have noticed sometimes that it is paining when I get tensed. What would be the reason?
Are you suffering from a sore throat that is prolonged in nature? Although, a sore throat is not very severe, being prolonged in nature indicates that it is chronic. You should not ignore a sore throat that does not heal over a long period of time. This might be an indication of a serious problem, and you will require proper diagnosis.
When is a sore throat termed as chronic?
- A sore throat may take various forms. It can be itchy, burning, scratchy in nature, and can also cause difficulty in swallowing food.
- It is likely for a sore throat to be accompanied by a form of pesky cough that leads to further irritation of the throat.
- Sore throats can also occur from common colds and several viruses. These usually resolve on their own.
- However, when your sore throat is persistent and you cannot find relief, it is referred to as a chronic sore throat. The primary cause of sore throat includes strep throat, allergies, tonsillitis or the infection of your tonsils, inhaling air pollutants, influenza, cigarette smoking, and inhaling via the mouth.
- Among these conditions, strep throat and tonsillitis may turn into severe problems, if not treated properly.
- Smoking is a major cause of chronic sore throat. You should control your smoking to eliminate these sore throat symptoms.
- Snoring is also a major cause for sore throat.
Relief from chronic sore throat
No matter what is the cause of your chronic throat pain, or sore throat is, you should follow some steps and undertake simple home remedies for soothing your scratchy, itchy and painful throat. Some of them include the following:
- Do hot water steam inhalation daily, which will help
- You must stay well hydrated and should moisten your throat by drinking lots of fluids throughout the day. You should add honey to warm drinks and hot tea.
- You may take over the counter pain relievers.
- You should install a humidifier in your home for preventing dry air that causes irritation to your throat.
- You may try gargling regularly with warm water and salt, at least twice a day.
It is difficult to diagnose the exact cause of a sore throat, but when it worsens or does not tend to leave, something serious is indicated. You must consult a doctor and undertake a physical examination of your throat in order to detect the cause.