Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Kumar PrabhuYour feedback matters!
My both the kidney was failed I am under dialysis I am suffering with two much of thirsty no urine output. Please advise me the diet chart list to control water intake.
My father is 85 years old. He suffering from enlarged prostrate and is on catheter for micturitionfor the past 9 months. Since the last two months after consulting an urologist he is on a regular medication on flotral (1 tab daily at bed time) My query: How do I know that the medicine has worked , Or Should the catheter be removed now and let him urinate (once the catheter had come off accidentally but the outcome was dad could not hold back his urine for more than an hour .It was a pretty good volume of urine that he passed out and now hes back with the catheter > Please advise as this is becoming a problem worth giving some importance.
I am 38 years old I am suffering by IgA nephropathy (Minimal Change disease) for last five years. I was advised to take defza 40 mg alternate days tablet previously by the nephrology doctor at trivendram. Now I am unable to consult him and find another one at nagercoil and taken tests found that my albumin level in urine is 24 hrs urinal protein is 1500 mg/l. Now I am advised to take less tablet and vitamin protein tablet. Which shall I follow other tahn albumin imy kidney function are normal.(creatine and all are normal)
Hi, I am facing problem of urine. Going for urine constant. Doc said urine infection. What can I do nw.
Last day night I have sex with my wife with extra doted condom so after intimate some doted red mark been on anus sported. I have tried to rub pr wash twice but those mark are not going. So what to do sir. I have already sex many times but never have this mark earlier. This tym I sex after 1 week So please tell how to remove these marks from anus.
My name is mayuresh and I feel like I have urine infection because it gives burns during release. What to do.
A prostate operation involves the removal of a part of the prostate gland or sometimes the removal of the entire prostate gland. Such a surgery is a serious one and several recovery tips must be followed by a patient to ensure quick and successful healing.
Here are some important tips for recuperating from a prostate operation:
- After the surgery, you need to spend up to three days in the hospital for initial recovery. You might be given fluids, which go directly into your veins until you fully recover from anesthesia.
- After the operation, normal urination will be disrupted in the beginning, as the urethra stays swollen. Urinating gets a little difficult and uncomfortable for a few days after the removal of the catheter.
- You may feel fatigued and may feel under the weather for some weeks after a prostate operation. So you must take things easy for at least two months.
- Avoid lifting or moving heavy objects for some weeks following the surgery. Do not perform any exercise, which causes strain. You should ask your friends and family members to carry out chores for you.
- After becoming slightly stable you should start gentle exercises. Walking is an effective remedy, which helps in blood circulation and lowers the risk of getting blood clots in the legs.
- You should drink lots of water during the recovery stage. This will reduce the risk of getting a urinary tract infection and also help in clearing any trace of blood from your urine.
- For improving bladder control, you should perform several pelvic floor exercises.
- In case of any kind of pain, you can take over the counter painkillers to ease the pain.
- It will take you a time span of three to six weeks for total recovery after a prostate operation. You should consult a surgeon about the best time to return to normal daily activities.
- You can get back to work soon, but it depends on your nature of work. Office jobs are not much of a problem, but in case of physical labour, more time is needed before you can resume your duties.
- Activities such as driving can be started quite soon after initial recovery. However, it varies from person to person. Some people may get back to driving within two weeks while some may need a month.
- You have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks after a prostate operation before getting back to sexual activities.
- In case you experience high fever, pain during urination or the inability to urinate, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- It takes a person several weeks to recover from a prostate operation completely. Initially, total rest is required. But eventually, he can return to normal activities and lead a healthy life.