Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. KumarYour feedback matters!
Today morning I noticed a blood cot in my eyes. First time it happened to me. Even have never had eye conjunctivitis. Please tell me should I do.
I am 20 years old and I feel pain in my eyes in sunlight I can not see clearly in sunlight what should I do.
I am a software engineer so when I am looking at system for some time my eyes are getting red and water is coming from eyes. So shall I want to take spects?
After working on laptop for about 1-2 hours, I start feeling my head and eyes very heavy, and not able to work as good as otherwise. I have been wearing spectacles since I was 15, and this problem of heaviness in head and eyes developed after I got keratoconjunctivitis in 2008. Due to this, I am. Not able to do good job at my workplace. Kindly advice.
Hi Mere right side eye me floters hain iske vajah se ek kala dabbha dikhai deta hain to khya upay hain please tell.
Hi. I have eyes problem. My eyes has -20D in two eyes. It problem is natural. But when I am studying in class room on multimedia projector then automatically come headache in 2 minutes. Show I can't understand very well in lecture. So please share some advice.
Diabetes is a pervading disease as it does not spare any system of your body. The increased sugar level affects everything from circulation to vision to kidneys. Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness in the eyes in the age group of 25 to 75.
Some of the common eye problems caused by diabetes are listed below
- Blurred vision: Increased sugar levels can cause blurred vision. While most people might jump to getting a corrective lens, it may not be needed in all cases. Try getting the sugar levels to normal levels and see the vision improve. It may take up to 3 months, but it is definitely possible to do away with the lens.
- Cataracts: Clouding of the lens which is known as cataracts can set in early when there is diabetes. Worsening of cataracts also is at a quicker pace with diabetics. The blurring of vision and glare can set in, which would require removal of the clouded lens and placement of an artificial lens.
- Glaucoma: There is always a certain amount of pressure on the eyes, known as intraocular pressure. This pressure increases significantly in diabetics, leading to vision changes and damage to nerves and blood vessels. Glaucoma can cause dryness in the eyes, as there is less amount of liquid that the eye makes. There could also be headaches, eye pains, blurred vision, and vision loss. In addition to eye drops, surgery and laser can also be used for correction.
- Diabetic retinopathy: The retina is a layer on which image of an object falls, and from there, a message is sent to the brain to identify an object. However, in people with increased sugar levels, the blood vessels in the retina can be damaged, leading to vision problems and even blindness. Greater the sugar levels, greater the damage. There could be people who have lost vision due to this condition. Periodic checkups are advised to ensure that the vision is constantly monitored. There could be black spots or holes in the vision, flashes of light, and even blurring of vision gradually resulting in a complete loss.
Some eye care tips:
Now that we know diabetes affects the eyes adversely, the following are some effective tips to ensure good eye health is maintained.
- If sugar levels are not well controlled, more frequent checkups are advised, else, annual checkup should suffice.
- Monitor and control the blood sugar and A1c levels
- Monitor and control blood pressure levels, as combined with higher blood sugar levels, the damage is exponential
- Quit smoking
- Monitor and control cholesterol levels
- Healthy diet with lots of vitamins, minerals, and protein
- Exercise to help in improving overall quality of life