Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KumarYour feedback matters!
I have too much dark circles around my eye and pores had covered my face. Please suggest me what to do.
I have white patch dots in my skin and I had used a lot of medicines in ayurveda which cured me temporarily but now it again back in skin. please give a remedy for it.
My friend have a white spot on his neck. other friends are told that it is allergy. Please Suggest Medicines
Hello siri am 25 year old, I have pimple /acne problem. And its paining too much an d skin become red. Kindly suggest some medicine to recover.
My age is 21 my nose injured 2 years ago with pimple its become black scar I thought its internally damaged That scar spot is black colour I used mederema skin care but its not working help me.
I have yellowish discoloration of the hands and very burning hands. what should I do? Please help me.
I have oily skin. Facing pimple problem. Most pimple around bottom of nose both side. And some skin is becomes reddish on chick because of pimple. What can I do?
Can you recommended a cream or some thing to stop the itchiness also there is on my cheek area a dark spot an it spreading only on both cheeks. My skin get very irritated when hot and my neck area become dark an my skin become discolor a radish. Please. And causes Virginian watt or growth around the lip area. Thanking you in advances.
Colorectal surgery is the broad term for surgical procedures performed on the colon, the rectum and the anus. There are various different surgical procedures which fall under colorectal surgery and these are used to treat a vast array of disorders, such as:
- Anal cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Severe complications related to constipation
- Anal injuries
- Inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal tract
- Congenital defects
- Procedures: The surgeries under colorectal surgery are performed after diagnostic tests such as proctoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and defecating proctography. The most common diagnostic test is colonoscopy. These help to identify the origin and nature of the problem and decide which surgical procedure is to be followed. The procedures under colorectal surgery are as follows:
- Colectomy: This procedure involves removal of a section of the large intestine. This is known as partial colectomy. In extreme cases, such as advanced cancer or severe gastrointestinal infection, the entire colon is removed and this is called total colectomy. Sometimes, the rectum is also taken out along with the colon and this is called proctocolectomy.
- Colonic polypectomy: An abnormal growth of tissues in the inner lining of an organ is known as a polyp. Colonic polypectomy is done to eliminate polyps from the colon and rectum before they become malignant. This can be done endoscopically. Surgery is required in case of large polyps.
- Strictureplasty: Chronic or repeated bowel inflammation causes scar tissue to accumulate in the large intestine. This results in the narrowing of the colon. Stricturoplasty removes the scar tissue so that proper flow of digestive contents is resumed.
- Colostomy or Ileostomy: A damaged section of the colon is removed and the shortened intestine is then attached to another opening (stoma) in the anterior wall of the abdomen.
- Hemorrhoidectomy: This surgical process is used for swollen hemorrhoids or blood vessels, which form in the anal canal. Hemorrhoidectomy is extremely effective in removing hemorrhoids, but the surgery also involves a number of complications.
- Anoplasty: Anoplasty or imperforate anus correction is done to correct birth defects in the rectum and the anus. The structural flaw does not allow the stool to pass properly from the rectum and so it is repaired through surgery.
Related Tip: "Colorectal Surgery: How To Be Sure You Really Need It"