Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. KulkarniYour feedback matters!
She gets angry very much on small issues and beats her children and me to outburst her emotions how to control her anger.
My wife is 47 years old and she is suffering from mental tension/disease. Her behavior is always to suspicious about me. She thinks that I am related with other women in office without knowing facts.
I am addicted to alcohol. I will drink daily minimum 9 to 10 pegs. Due to this habit I'm getting shivering if I didn't drink so kindly help me.
I'm 34year female my problem is high and low b/p are up and stress in my mind. Pain are so much in head please give me advice.
I am 19 years old. My problem is I have not slept from 1 week. Before I was in depression for some reason now due to family pressure and others I am getting too frustrated and my anger has increased alot. I am unable to sleep. I do not wanna eat food. I am suffering from severe headache which is unable to cure it from medicines. I am getting thoughts like suicide and leave the house. I l frustrated from my life.
Hi sir am male 24yrs my problem is I cannot perform eye contact with opposite person even my members also especially in front of women's my eyes goes sexual parts of opposite women at the time she do you listening or not I feel shame how can I overcome this bad habit thank you sir.
I feel some pain on my chest middle portion and slight left side. When I stretch my chest then realize the pain mainly. I smoke daily only 2/3 ciggarates. And also bad habit of sleeping oppositely (chest is on the down side). What I do sir?
An woman has developed habit of cleaning floor of house every times when somebody comes from outside. She has feeling that they have brought dirt or not very clean. Inspite several counseling the habit does not change. Even somebody coming in night also she would do the same for any no of times.kindly suggest .
I am a 25 year old student and preparing for govt exams but I can not concentrate on my studies in the last few months. And bad thought specially towards sex issues are constantly run in my mind. So, please help how can I get it off that's why I concentrate on my studies. Thanking you.
I have anxiety disorder confirmed by a psychiatrist, which medicine should I take to cure it, and medicine have no side effects. I am very anxious about taking medicine so please tell me if it can be cured without taking medicine.
Hi I have recently got married. i feel really depressed. Miss my home alot. I also had fights with my husband and the fights in which there was physical violence also. I also fought back and gave him back. He is very impulsive. Now evrything is alright. But still feel very depressed. What can I do.
Hello doctor, I want to ask some time i get blanked, at that time I try to remember something but I can't at that time my ability of thing and memorizing get reduced I can't speak properly, I am facing this from 8 months i'm very much worried about this please help me out to get rid of this?
Hello, I can't understand the problem I am facing right now. I am explaining here what is happening with me. Generally Problem arises in between 3 pm to 6 pm. I think may be it's related to mind. During this period I feel lonely, depressed and fear. flashes of memory comes in my mind and disturbs my mind so much. I remember some moments of my past life randomly and I can't control myself, it feels like I want to go in that past again, I want to live that moment again. Sometimes it makes me cry, I can't control it and it makes me fear. At that time I feel totally lonely and under pressure. I can't stay that time, feels like I am in some jail and want to come out of it, want to go back in that moments once more and I fear what will happen next, what if I will loose my friends, what if I will go away from family, even I fear very little things without any reason. My breath increases and my body can't sit calmly, it feels like I want to cry so much and don't want to stay at one place.
I am looking for a psychologist specialist in dissociation and dissociative disorder for online consultation. I am so confused with this experiences. All I want is authentication and help. So if any psychologist who have a greater understanding in treating dissociative disorder will be very helpful.
When I speak to people. They cannot hear my voice properly. They said me that you have bad sound. But in the past I was able to speak clearly but now what has happened with me. I have cough also. What should I do now?
After lost my girlfriend I feel working, valueless and aimless lifestyle since 5 years. I can not feel better or normal. Please suggest me some solution about it. Thanks.
My life becomes hell because of some wrong decisions that I have taken in my past life. My age is 25 still I am not settled actually I have no idea how to deal my life effectively. My mood is swine very frequently and I failed too depressed please help me to overcome from all such things.
I am a 47years old man and a normally forget about names of persons, places and other things also what will I do please guide me thanks.
Schizophrenia is a disease of the mind that is usually degenerative in nature. The complex disorder is generally characterized by symptoms, such as delusions, hallucinations (both auditory and visual) and disturbances in speech and is usually chronic in nature. The symptoms are not regular and can appear at any point of time. So it is highly possible that a person suffering from schizophrenia may sometimes bear resemblance to any other normal person and all of a sudden, might exhibit symptoms typical of Schizophrenia.
The causes of Schizophrenia include:
- Brain Dysfunction: Abnormalities in the cerebral cortex (the cerebrum’s outer covering that is vital in regulating consciousness) of the brain is the most common cause of this disorder. This is due to the presence of abnormally enlarged ventricles in that region. The decreased brain size owing to the enlarged ventricles is often related to the hallucinations and delusions experienced by schizophrenics.
- Genetic Factors: Studies have also stated ‘genetics’ to be an important cause behind this disorder. Closer the family ties, higher the risks of transmitting the disorder.
- Biochemical Factors: More than one neurotransmitter is being targeted by recent drugs to control schizophrenia.
Symptoms which most people do not experience normally, but are found in people diagnosed with schizophrenia are said to be positive symptoms. They are:
- Hallucinations: These are sensory experiences of things that do not exist outside the mind. Hallucinations usually manifest in the form of auditory or visual images.
- Delusions: Delusions on the other hand are false beliefs one has about oneself. Delusions are of 3 major types:
- Grandeur: Wherein the person imagines himself to be a famous personality
- Persecution: The belief that somebody somewhere is plotting against you and the whole world is going to get you.
- Control: The belief that a larger force, let’s say a witch, a demon or even a duck for that matter is controlling your actions.
These positive symptoms generally respond well to medications.
In addition to this, schizophrenics think and speak differently than the rest of the society. They jump from idea to idea, lose track of speech mid-way and often speak in fragmented and haphazardly joined sentences. They are, in fact, unable to fix their attention on anything in particular.
Examples of the most common negative symptoms include:
- The flat effect: The individual basically shows no facial expression and always has a flat emotionless mask on while staring into space. At times, they have inappropriate reactions to situations. Example - they might laugh at somebody's death and cry ad get angry when something good happens.
- Avolition: This condition occurs when the individual just sit for hours doing nothing as well as behaves in a way lacking any motivation or enthusiasm. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.