Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Kshama V KamathYour feedback matters!
Ayurveda is regarded as one of the most ancient systems of the herbal remedies found in India, and it offers some of the most significant and useful herbs to help boost women’s health. There are several natural herbs that aid the women in finding the natural rhythm of the body, which is closely associated with nature. As a result, women are able to respond much better to the Ayurvedic treatment that offers many herbs and medicinal plants that have been proven to improve the health of women.
It is very important to control and regulate the diet of the women who have crossed 40 years of age and they should not live their lives in her own whims as this is the age when hormonal imbalances occur in the body. Additionally, there are also some natural herbs that can help to boost the health condition of a woman and help her lead a happy and healthy life.
- Guduchi Stem: This is a common ingredient in the herbal medicines which can be used for treating various types of health problems in women. Guduchi stem is a versatile herb which induces internal heat and is a great treatment for decreased libido. It has the ability to calm the nervous system and is regarded as a strong anti-inflammatory and diuretic agent.
- Asparagus root: Asparagus roots have multiple benefits required to improve the health of women. It has been utilised as an aphrodisiac and natural treatment for alleviating fertility issues in women. It also helps in treating a wide range of female disorders starting from health disturbances during menopause to unnatural menstrual symptoms to lactation. It is considered a major ingredient in almost all herbal blends that aim at improving women’s health.
- Licorice: Used in almost all Ayurvedic medicines, this herb has been used for a long time for the treatment of several ailments, including menopause and genital issues as well as urinary disorders. Though it is incorporated mainly in treating health problems of women, licorice is also known for its anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties.
There are many health issues that are faced by women on a regular basis starting from vaginal discomforts to menstrual problems. However, most women feel it is very uncomfortable to speak about them with anyone. Thankfully, these problems can be completely eradicated with the help of the Ayurvedic herbs. But if you see no results even after consistent use, then it would be wise to seek an expert’s advice.
I removed my uterus with one every2011. Iam51years old. Now adays (nearly ten months) iget tired when I walk (15min)&my legs nerves are paining. Please give any advice or tips.
My menstruation cycle is normal from past 3 months ,it come at same day I.e 16 and in july I had intercourse, so is haVing unsafe intercourse can delay period? And if period come after the due date then my ovulation is proper for conceiving?
Dr. Sharmila majumdar
A fetus can masturbate in utero.
You don't need genitals to have an orgasm.
You can have them when you're brain dead.
They can cause bad breath.
They can cure hiccups.
Doctors once prescribed them for fertility.
Animals orgasm more than we think they do.
Oxytocin, the chemical released into your brain after climaxing, makes you relaxed and chatty
About 10 per cent of women are actually anorgasmic.
Most orgasms last about 20 seconds. After them, your body releases a hormone called prolactin that shuts off your sex drive for up to an hour, so anything that was turning you on before can suddenly make you bored.
Hi doctor, I want to know that my wife is with b negative blood group and I am o positive and we both are planning for baby. Does it cause any complication for the baby or for the mother. She would be able to conceive baby or not. Pls reply.
I am 24 years old female (not married), I have urine and vaginal infection, how can I get relief from these two as it is frustrating me often, even I am being hygienic.
Perimenopause is the transition period in a women?s life when her ovaries stop producing eggs .Her body produces less estrogen and progesterone and menstruation becomes less frequent. A woman generally experience Perimenopause around the age of 40 years. Symptoms can begin as early as her mid 30s.
Menstrual inequalities ? Change in the menstrual cycle is the important sign of Perimenopause. Periods may be shorter, may be longer .Women can experience either scanty menses or profuse bleeding.
Hot flushes ? Hot flushes and night sweats are the most common signs of Perimenopause.
Weight gain ? Less estrogen can cause high cholesterol and weight gain.
Hypertension ? High level of cholesterol can ultimately lead to high blood pressure.
Mental symptoms -Like depression, anxiety, irritability can experience by Perimenopausal women.
Loss of Libido ? it can experience by many women in the period of Perimenopause.
Dryness of vagina ? It occurs due to decreased production of estrogen.
Painful sex ? It mainly caused due to dryness of vagina.
Other cause include
Frequent urinary tract infections
Rapid heart beat
Involuntary urinary leakage
Some important remedies are given below to treat Perimenopause symptoms:
Sulphur, Pulsatilla, Lachesis, Actea Racemosa, camphor, Platina, Sabina, Calcaria carb, Nux Vomica, Sanguinaria and many other medicines.
Allopathic treatment ? Mainly include hormonal replacement therapy, antihypertensive drugs, antidepressants etc.
Please consult your physician or homeopath in person before starting or discontinuing any form of medical treatment.
Hi, Please suggest me Pahali bar sex karne bad mai turant blood ata hai to kya pregnent ho sakta hai.
Does negative TRI- DOT test for HIV after 92 days confirm status of being negative? Can HIV transmitted in single unprotected sex? If not having any STD OR any coinfection?
Hi doctor. My last menstrual cycle was on january 12th. Usually my periods last for about than 34 days. Last 2 times it was only 20 to 23 days. From last 4 months. I am using contraceptive pills for prevention of pregnancy. I had sex with my partner on feb 3rd nd 4th. I had an ipill also. My doubt is. Is it the safe time I had sex with my partner? From yesterday. I drink mre water than usual and urinate more than usual. Usually it was 3 times a day. Now its 6 times. Is this because I am pregnant, because I have heard people saying urinating increases during pregnancy. Will periods become late after using pills for contraception. Thanks.
How sleeping less than 6 hours affects your health
After being awake for almost 14-16 hours, our body demands sleep. Minimum sleeping time required for a healthy mind and body is 7-8 hours. Although, this duration varies according to age. Because generally speaking, where a child can sleep for 12-14 hours, grownups can sleep for not more than 9 hours. Sound sleep is very essential otherwise, it can be harmful for our health. Let's see how sleeping for less than 6 hours affects our health.
- Headache, weight gain and poor vision: When you sleep for less than 6 hours a day, it can not only give you headache all the time but can lead to a poor vision also. And if continued for a long time, may hamper your eyesight. The lesser you sleep the more weight you gain. And after-effects of gaining weight could be even more hazardous.
- Memory loss, heart disease, infection: Sleeplessness can have an adverse effect on one's memory too. A person may find it difficult to remember even simple things. Also, infections can take a longer time to heal because sleep is something that stabilises and balances everything that goes wrong while we are awake. If we don't get proper sleep, the process of healing takes longer. Lack of sleep can also elevate blood pressure which ultimately affects the heart.
- Urine overproduction, stammering and accident: Sleeping slows down urinating process but when you are awake for longer hours, you might have to urinate more than usual. Lack of sleep can also make you stammer while speaking. If lack of sleep continues, you may not be able to communicate properly. When you do not have sound sleep, your mental condition would not be stable because of declining concentration. You can be accident prone if you drive in such a condition.
These are just a few of the ill effects. Sleeping for less than 5 hours is far more dangerous than you can even think. From behavioural to mental to physical effects, it can harm you in many more ways, So, have a sound sleep to avoid complications in life.
Ayurveda encompasses all aspects of your life, including what you eat and drink and how you exercise. Following an ayurvedic lifestyle can help prevent problems from occurring and improve your quality of life. Indigestion is a common complaint faced by a majority of the population at some point of time or the other. Here are a few ayurvedic tips on how to prevent indigestion.
- Eat mindfully: Never eat in a hurry or on the go. Chew your food properly and eat slowly. Along with the taste, also appreciate the textures, smell etc. of your food. This keeps your body satiated for longer and helps avoid snacking. Pay attention to your digestive system while eating by unplugging from other activities and medium like television, telephones etc.
- Eat freshly cooked food: As food gets stale, it loses its nutrient value. Hence always, cook and eat fresh food. Avoid microwaved meals. Eating raw food in the form of salads etc is ideal as these uncooked food have the highest level of nutrients and are rich in fiber, making them easy to digest.
- Sip warm water: Water not only keeps the body hydrated, but also aids digestion. Try sipping warm water throughout the day to keep your digestive system lubricated and to make it easy for food to pass through. Avoid drinking cold water as this takes longer to digest. This is because the body must first heat the water to bring it up to body temperature before it can digest it.
- Take a walk after a meal: Going for a light walk after a meal can help kickstart the digestive process. This increases blood flow and circulation in the digestive system. However, avoid strenuous exercising like swimming or running immediately after a meal.
- Make lunch your heaviest meal: The body's digestive system works at its optimal levels in the middle of the day. According to a number of studies, the highest amounts of digestive juices are released around noon. Hence, this is the best time to eat a heavy meal as it will be digested faster and metabolized into energy to keep you going throughout the day instead of being stored as fat.
- Ginger tea: Sipping on ginger tea after a heavy meal can help avoid bloating. It can also boost the digestive enzymes and speed up the digestion process. You may also sip ginger tea between meals.
- Exercise regularly: Lastly, exercise regularly. If you can't find half an hour to exercise at once, try interval training between activities. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator is an easy way to include exercise in your daily routine.