Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Krupa
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KrupaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old, married. My weight is 43. From last month I am having irregular champs. Usually my periods complete in 5-6 days but now it is extending 10-13 days. In first 7 days I am having light and brown periods. Then suddenly it flows heavily. Pls suggest me wat to do because I am worried about my health. And in every 2 hours I am getting hungry.
Every person is familiar with the remark “Stop fidgeting” but does anybody ever wonder why do humans fidget? Is there any scientific reason for such an action? This article shall inform the reader about the underlying cause for what is known as fidgeting.
Fidgeting and its underlying cause
- Scientific research has revealed that fidgeting has many benefits still most people get annoyed when they see another person twitching and tapping. Most people do this seemingly without any control over their movement when they are ordered to be still. Research shows that there is at least one biological reason to back this action.
- Since the same brain area is used for movement and speech, it is only natural that gestures are interlinked with thorough preparation for a speech. People tend to move their hands more when they are looking for a word to say but are not being able to find it. In a recent study, it was found that school children between the ages of 6-8 years who use their hands a lot can come up with the right answers during lessons.
- While this is one theory, another neurological theory suggests that a portion of the mental load is offloaded through the process of fidgeting when people have to tackle complex problems or thoughts. The theory is called cognitive load hypothesis. The offloading mechanism frees up the mental faculties thus devoting them to the mental process. While this may not be a definitive explanation for fidgeting, it does go to show that there is a link between a person’s hand movements and their thought and speech process.
Other reasons for fidgeting
- Other than the cognitive advantages, some evidence has also been found linking fidgeting with metabolism. People who fidget are found to have a higher metabolism and lower BMI. This difference can be seen between thin and overweight people. Fidgeting amidst lollygagging during the day helps burn up to 350 calories a day. Also, fidgeting among other incidental physical activity helps keep an individual fit.
- Among other reasons, fidgeting also serves as a coping mechanism for people with ADD. If a person is engaged in something that he/she is not interested in then the additional sensory-motor input that is even slightly stimulating or entertaining helps the brain to get completely engaged. This helps to maintain focus on the actual activity being performed by the individual.
- So, fidgeting helps distract that part of the brain that is getting bored. This helps the other parts of the brain focus better on the actual activity. This is known as floating attention which perhaps is an evolutionary trait that dates back to prehistoric times. In those times, the ability to focus entirely on a task with undivided attention was not favorable to the human since doing so could make them unaware of the enormous ravenous beast hiding behind the bushes.
Thus, though there is some degree of understanding is there when it comes to fidgeting, more research studies are required to gain further insight.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
How to increase weight? And my current age is 25 and weight is 50kgs, gender-male. If the given age is sufficient itz OK other wise how much the weight should there and what are things to be done.
Inflammation of the larynx, i.e. voice box, is referred to as laryngitis. Laryngitis is caused by infection – viral, bacterial or fungal. Overuse of the voice, allergies, acid reflux disease, smoking and alcohol intake are some other causes. Laryngitis can be acute or chronic. Short term laryngitis of less than 3 weeks’ duration is termed as acute laryngitis. Laryngitis which has lasted more than 3 weeks is termed long term or chronic laryngitis.
Symptoms of Laryngitis:
Homeopathic Treatment of Laryngitis:
Homeopathic medicines can treat laryngitis wonderfully well. Both acute and chronic laryngitis can be effectively treated under the Homeopathic system of medicine. The Homeopathic prescription for laryngitis varies from case to case as per the individual symptom presentation. Homeopathic medicines are natural and safe from adverse side effects. These medicines set off the body’s own restorative processes to enable it to fight off the disease and heal itself. Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines prescribed for laryngitis.
Argentum Met and Arum Triphyllum: These medicines are used for treating laryngitis, which occurs because of voice overuse. Argentum met is used when the symptoms include hoarseness of voice, and a sore feeling in the larynx. It is also used in cases of complete loss of voice, which is common among singers and public speakers. Hawking is likely, and viscid mucus discharge is indicated. Arum Triphyllum is also used for treating laryngitis occurring due to excessive voice use. This medicine is best for patients whose voice become uncontrollable and uncertain. Apart from a burning sensation, pain in the larynx when clearing the throat is also likely.
Phosphorus: This homeopathic medicine is used for treating laryngitis accompanied by violent tickling in the larynx, which leads to coughing. The cough worsens with talking and reading. Voice hoarseness is also indicated, which worsens at night.
Drosera: This homeopathic medicine is used when laryngitis is accompanied by dry and irritating cough. A rough, scraping sensation is experienced in the throat, and voice hoarseness is indicated.
Acusticamente: This medicine is used for treating laryngitis, which occurs due to exposure to cold air. The larynx becomes inflamed after being exposed to cold, and voice hoarseness is likely to occur.
Belladonna and Lodum: These are effective homeopathic medicines for laryngitis in which voice hoarseness is accompanied by larynx pain. Belladonna is used when the larynx gets sore and painful, the throat turns red, and there is difficulty in swallowing food. A lump like sensation, and a constrict feeling may be experienced in the throat. Iodum is used when a rough, burning pain in the throat is experienced along with hoarseness and roughness of voice. Cough is also indicated, which results in gasping due to extreme pain.
Calcarea Carb and Carbo Veg: These are effective homeopathic medicines used for treating laryngitis, when the symptoms include painless voice hoarseness. Hawking of mucus is also likely to occur in cases when Calcarea Carb is prescribed. Carbo Veg is prescribed when itching in the larynx is experienced along with voice hoarseness.
It is recommended for you to consult a homeopathic practitioner before taking homeopathic medicines for treating laryngitis.
I am 20 years old nd I have 5 feet height nd I want to increase my height by 2-3 inches. So what can I do to increase my height.
What is Ozone hair treatment? I heard about Ozone treatment for anti hair-fall and anti dandruff. Is this is safe for every one? Can I use it in home using the same machine available in E-shops?
I am 26 years actually I hv pain in my ear. Can you suggest me which type of medicine I should take.
Sir I had night fall problem but now I have not this problem but I don't get energy please tell me any solutions. Thanks.
A sprained thumb is a painful condition caused due to an injury on the ligament of a thumb. A ligament is a soft tissue, which connects bones to each other at a joint. The ligament might get partially or fully torn due to extreme backward bending of thumb causing the ligament connecting the thumb and index finger to suffer injury.
- The problem is quite common among basketball, rugby and football players. For this reason, it is known as a sports injury. Skiing may also cause extreme pressure to the thumb, causing a ligament tear. Injury due to skiing is called skier’s thumb.
- The injury causes pain, bruising and tenderness. It can cause swelling on just the thumb or sometimes on the entire hand. In severe cases, weakness and instability in the region can be seen. A sprained thumb weakens the ability to pinch and grasp things. The patient will have trouble holding a glass, turning a knob or writing. An untreated injury may lead to joint stiffness, muscle weakness, scar tissue formation, instability of the thumb or even arthritis. It is strongly advised to visit a professional therapist for an early diagnosis and treatment.
- Usually, an X-ray leads to an apt diagnosis of the injury. The doctor also ascertains damage to the bone and ligament and develops a treatment plan. Some ligament tears can be treated using a splint or cast. A chronic ligament tear might not heal and would require surgical intervention.
- A partial or mild ligament tear can be managed through useful home remedies like putting an ice pack, bandage or splint. It is also advised to keep the thumb elevated and restrict its movement. A heat pack is beneficial as it can ease pain and relax the muscles. However, heat pack must be avoided during the first 48 hours of injury as it can lead to bleeding.
- If there is a chronic injury and the ligament is completely torn, a surgery is needed. A surgery helps join a new ligament to the bone in case the torn ligament fails to heal. It also helps reconnect the injured ligament to the bone. Sometimes, there might be bone damage as bone fragments might get pulled away with the ligament. In such cases, bone fragments need to be put back in their position through surgery. After the surgery, a cast or splint is put till it heals completely.
- An early visit to a physiotherapist has potential advantages. A therapist can fasten the healing process, help relieve pain and improve a person’s ability to resume daily tasks. Massages and strengthening exercises are initiated to avoid re-injury and instill strength in the injured region. Physiotherapy also helps immensely after surgery through planned mobility exercises that regain movement and strength.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!