Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KrishnamurthyYour feedback matters!
I have started giving my 11 month baby buffalo milk with water on 50: 50 ratio from 4 months. But since then he has been getting lot of cough and sometimes he even vomits at night while coughing. I give him bottle with 120 ml milk twice during the night and once I feed him. During the day I give him aata soup, banana, roti, rice, etc. Of whatever we cook at home. Is milk the cause of his cough? If yes, what milk would be best suited for him then?
My baby is 22 months now.. She is not talking anything.. She can utter hardly 15 to 20 words.. Am worried. At what age usually kids start speaking.. And when will my baby speak.. Is it a serious pblm..
Doctor, my son have 6 months, since 1 week I started to give wheat at 9 am, now he started to cry in the eve also for food, Bt I have enough milk he refused to drink just before his sleep, he only drink after 1 nap, what should I do now? Shall I give food two times a day? I'm confused. Pls. Reply me.
Last month my wife delivered baby boy. Gestation period is approximately 36-37 weeks. After child birth during first pediatric visit doctor noticed missing testicles in scrotum. Then now after 20 days left side testicles reached scrotum. Right side I can feel it near adjacent side to penis beginning place. Should I wait for one more month? Should I meet surgeon immediately? What is the future consequences.
My daughter is 2 yrs old. She gets fever and cold very frequently. One doctor's opinion is that she has tonsil and if she has tonsil up to 5 yrs she will have same problem and nothing cann't be done please guide me.
Bedwetting or nocturnal enuresis, refers to the unintentional passage of urine during sleep. Enuresis is the medical term for wetting, whether in the clothing during the day or in bed at night. Another name for enuresis is urinary incontinence. For infants and young children, urination is involuntary. Wetting is normal for them. Most children achieve some degree of bladder control by 4 years of age. Daytime control is usually achieved first, while nighttime control comes later.
The age at which bladder control is expected varies considerably. Some parents expect dryness at a very early age, while others not until much later. Such a time line may reflect the culture and attitudes of the parents and caregivers.
Factors that affect the age at which wetting is considered a problem include the following:
- The child's gender: Bedwetting is more common in boys.
- The child's development and maturity
- The child's overall physical and emotional health. Chronic illness and/or emotional and physical abuse may predispose to bedwetting.
No one knows for sure what causes bed-wetting, but various factors may play a role:
- A small bladder: Your child's bladder may not be developed enough to hold urine produced during the night.
- Inability to recognize a full bladder: If the nerves that control the bladder are slow to mature, a full bladder may not wake your child, especially if your child is a deep sleeper.
- A hormone imbalance: During childhood, some kids don't produce enough anti-diuretic hormone (ADH) to slow nighttime urine production.
- Stress: Stressful events, such as becoming a big brother or sister, starting a new school, or sleeping away from home, may trigger bed-wetting.
- Urinary tract infection: This infection can make it difficult for your child to control urination.
- Sleep apnea: Sometimes bed-wetting is a sign of obstructive sleep apnea, a condition in which the child's breathing is interrupted during sleep.
- Diabetes: For a child who's usually dry at night, bed-wetting may be the first sign of diabetes.
A structural problem in the urinary tract or nervous system. Rarely, bed-wetting is related to a defect in the child's neurological system or urinary system.
- Wetting during the day
- Frequency, urgency, or burning on urination
- Straining, dribbling, or other unusual symptoms with urination
- Cloudy or pinkish urine, or blood stains on underpants or pajamas
- Soiling, being unable to control bowel movements
Most kids are fully toilet trained by age 5, but there's really no target date for developing complete bladder control. Between the ages of 5 and 7, bed-wetting remains a problem for some children. After 7 years of age, a small number of children still wet the bed.
When to see a doctor: Most children outgrow bed-wetting on their own, but some need a little help. In other cases, bed-wetting may be a sign of an underlying condition that needs medical attention.
Consult your child's doctor if:
- Your child still wets the bed after age 7
- Your child starts to wet the bed after a few months or more of being dry at night
- Bed-wetting is accompanied by painful urination, unusual thirst, pink or red urine, hard stools, or snoring
- Self-Care at Home
Here are some tips for helping your child stop wetting the bed. These are techniques that are most often successful
- Reduce evening fluid intake.
- The child should urinate in the toilet before bedtime.
- A system of sticker charts and rewards works for some children.
- Make sure the child has safe and easy access to the toilet.
Some believe that you should avoid using diapers or pull-ups at home because they can interfere with the motivation to wake up and use the toilet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Mera beta 8sal ka hai usko bhut headache hota hai morning 5: 00 am start hota hai whole day rehta hai. Usko specs bhi lg gaye .but phir bhi usko pain hota hai. Sb test normal hai. Please tell me he suffering from one month.
My daughter 4 years old. Everytime we feed her lunch or dinner she tend to vommit. This problem is going on for a couple of months?
My baby boy is 3 months old. I have given him pentavac. Is it safe? I am very upset hearing the rumor about deaths after this vaccine. Is it safe?
Kirunal - 240 SoftGels (500 mg), the ratio is 4: 1 EPA to DHA. My daughter is five and half years old, she is very hyperactive. She can't stand and walk Can I give her Kirunal - 240 SoftGels (500 mg) Capsules.?If yes. Please suggest the daily dosage. Thanks,
ask your child daily happenings after coming back home. understand him/her what they are facing and how they are handling issues of their life. this will help child to learn sharing stresses. guide them correct way of dealing with their problems. always punishing scolding shouting on child is not the proper way to handle them. Parents must have patience while dealing with children.
My Daughter's age is now 2 years 10 months. She has a small pimple in Belly. When she will crying it is appear. My Child specialist told its Called Hernia. Now it is preliminary stage. Doctor says when she will young automatically she is being cured from Hernia. Is it wright or wrong? Surgery is needed or not?
My daughter bshut roti hai Avi 4yera ki hone ja rahi hi fir avi v bahut roti hai Plesse koi upay bataye ki kya jare bahut presan rahte hai.
Hi - I have 35 days old baby. Please suggest me some tips to make breast feeding easier. How often we can feed? Ideas on foods to eat and avoid during tis time ?
Hello, my daughter is 5+ n she is having fever n boils r coming all over her body. I think she is going through chickepox. Please suggest me. To get rid of this.
I am 37 years old and have two daughters of 9 years and 2 years old. After breast feeding, my breasts became very loose and a lot of fat in tummy area. Could you please suggest any cream or medication for both? thank you.
Hello Dr. I'm recently blessed with a Baby girl. C is going to b 1 month old in 2 days. From last 4 days I'm noticing that my baby is having problem in urinating. Like whenever c urge to pee she cries very hard as if in too much pain N forces too mch in abdominal region. After forcing and crying N trying 2 or 3 minz later she cud pee. And this happens every time she urinates. Earlier c wasn't like dat. Is there anything serious? Is she having infection? I'm too much worried. Kindly suggest.
Eczema is an autoimmune disorder wherein the skin overreacts to certain triggers in or outside the body resulting in inflammation and lesions. Eczema is also known as atopic dermatitis. The skin becomes dry, patchy and rough, and it tends to form itchy and red blisters. Eczema is usually caused due to inflammation; in most cases, allergy triggers eczema. It has been observed that quite often, patients who suffer from eczema have a family history of allergy. In some cases, patients having other allergies, may also develop eczema. Apart from this, low immunity triggers this disease.
- Red patches over skin
- Dry rough skin with blisters
- Intense itching on skin, with occasional bleeding
- Formation of a thick leather-like layer over the affected areas of the skin
- Discharge of an oozing watery and sticky liquid from the affected area, in case of wet eczema (In case of dry eczema, there is no watery discharge; the skin stays rough and dry.)
Treating eczema with homeopathy
Treating eczema might be possible by taking several medications. But treating doesn't mean curing. People who suffer from eczema know how irritating the disorder is. So they want a cure for eczema, which is possible with homeopathic medicines. Homeopathy is known for curing eczema, from the root. Basically, homeopathy helps to improve the immune system, as low immunity is responsible for causing allergies. When immunity is built, and low immunity quits from overreacting to several reactions, eczema is cured.
Here are five homeopathic medicines suitable for treating eczema:
- Graphites: Graphites is one of the finest homeopathic medicines for treating wet eczema, when there is thick, oozing watery and sticky discharge. In most cases, the patient with this type of eczema suffers from constipation and obesity. He or she might be sensitive towards cold. Their usual skin becomes hard and cold, but the affected area remains dry and rough. The remedy is prescribed mostly to women with menstrual disorders.
- Mezereum: This is the suitable for patients with eczema, which tends to form a leathery crust on the head. The patient might feel intense itching especially at night.
- Hepar sulphur: This is suitable for eczema with formation of pus. The patient is usually too sensitive to cold. Intense itching, sneezing and sensitivity towards cold are the symptoms, which indicate the need for this medicine.
- Dulcamara: This is one of the finest homeopathic medicines for eczema, which aggravates in damp or cold weather. Thick formation of yellowish crust and intense itching are the symptoms, which clearly indicate the need for this remedy.
- Sulphur: This one is suitable for eczema with burning sensation along with intense itching. Symptoms usually worsen in summer and the skin feels rough and dry. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.