Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna ShawYour feedback matters!
I am 6 month of pregnant. My doctor give me iron tablet (elredin/folinine) but I unable to eat when I eat bomoting what can I do?
Due to no growth of baby after 2.5 months of pregnancy it was aborted thru medications. My first question is when I will start my new cycle of menses and second is from when I can start intercourse.
I am 18 years old and I had missed my periods for 3 months and my doctor prescribed me Regestrone. What are the possible side effects of Regestrone?
I am 22 old and have 1 year kid as well. After delivery period is not coming like before always it is taking 40 days to 50 days time. Last time I had period on 27th sept and after that feom last 10 days I am feeling period pain but period is not coming. Please let me know what I can do. I tested pregnancy test aslo its showing negative.
I have one month pregnancy and get little bleeding and too pain in the left lower portion on stomach . I don't know what I do ? This is unwanted pregnancy ?
I am aged 25 from kerala and I do enjoying sex in all ways with my two cousins at sometime. They are aged 19 and 21. We do it for two or three times per week. When we doing sex oral sex is must. Is there should occur some problem due to oral sex. I am little worried. Is there any problem occur due to my cum goes to their mouth and go as is. They could not have any problem to do this and they are very happy to drink my cum.
I had unprotected sex with my partner while she is on regular dose of Minesse. Can she get pregnant?
Hi, I am married female my periods were irregular after marriage, but my last periods were on September 25th till today I didn't get periods and doctor advised me to take pregnancy test but it showed negative. I don't why I am not getting periods. My rubella antibody was only 0.8. Is there any chance for not getting periods because of rubella antibody?
Doctor I am feeling dizziness fatigue itching on stomach and breast tenderness. My last cycle was on 19 june it had a less flow then usual I got physical with my boyfriend on 10 may. We didn't had sex. But i'm worried his precum might have got inside me. I took home pregnancy test 2 times both time it came negative. Please help me. Am I pregnant i'm 20 years old girl.
My wife got pregnancy and she is now 8th month When she is in 3rd month she undergone Thyroid test and the result was 13.73, when she was 5th month also undergone Thyroid test, the result was 3.73, and dosage (thyronorm 50 mg) was same for the both times and now in 8th month when she undergone Thyroid and the result was 5.52 and dosage was increased to 75 mg of thyronorm, whether it is correct or excess dosage and please clarify what are the effects to the baby due to increase of thyroid from 3.73 to 5.52.
I am four months pregnant. Doctor told foetus heart beat is low. I Is it serious? How to increase my child's heartbeat.
I am 22 years old and I have irregular periods from 1 yrs. What to take for it? before when I consult to Dr. She told me to check thyroid.Please suggest.
There are three main types of eating disorders. These are bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa and binge eating. Anorexia nervosa is an exaggerated fear of gaining weight all the way to the point when the patient becomes abnormally thin. Bulimia nervosa is eating too much and then vomiting it out on a regular basis. Binge eating is when an individual eats an excessive amount of food in one go. All three types of eating disorders have adverse effects on pregnancy.
Here is how eating disorders affect pregnancies:
1. Unplanned pregnancies: Women with eating disorders are much more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy. This is true both for women who had eating disorders in the past as well as women who have eating disorders at the moment. In a study by University College London and King's College London consisting of 11000 women showed, only 28% of women reported that they had an unplanned pregnancy without suffering from any eating disorder as compared to the 41% who did have an eating disorder at some point in their life. The reason for this is that women tend to think that they do not need contraceptives due to an irregular menstrual cycle, which is one of the consequences of eating disorders during pregnancy.
2. Happiness about their pregnancy: The same survey of 11000 women conducted by University College London and King's College London reported that 71% of women were happy about their pregnancies. However, the number would have been a lot higher if there were fewer women with eating disorders. It has been said that 10% of women were unhappy to discover they were pregnant, if they had an eating disorder in the past as compared to 4% who never had an eating disorder.
3. Consider pregnancy a 'personal sacrifice': It has also been said that women who have had or have eating disorders during or before their pregnancy tend to consider pregnancy as a 'personal sacrifice' much more often than women who have no history or eating disorders.
Even though mostly, eating disorders affect pregnant women mentally rather than physically, it is crucial that women try to fix this problem before their pregnancy so they actually can enjoy having a baby.
My wife is having dry hymen. Tried sex many times, but couldn't break into her hole. She is experiencing a lot of pain. What should I do?
I have thyroid during pregnancy but before pregnancy it was not there .so is it necessary to check it after delivery? My son is 8 months old I did not checked.
3 healthy unhealthy dietary habits
With the vast amount of available information, ranging from age-old wisdom to health magazines and health sites, most people are prone to misinformation when it comes to what to eat and what to avoid.
From drinking copious amounts of water to eating a light lunch, it is the time that these commonly known health tips are debunked.
These 3 habits that may seem healthy on the surface but are actually harming you!
1) Drinking large amounts of water
It is advisable to drink a healthy dose of water each day, but you should drink water only when you feel thirsty and not otherwise. If you drink water beyond your level of thirst, it can lead to excess water intake. This excessive intake can be the cause of conditions like obesity, skin and digestive problems among other health conditions. An average person consumes 8 glasses of water each day. But you are advised to drink that much, only if you are thirsty enough. It is also recommended not to drink cold water or ice-cold drinks.
2) Eating uncooked foods
It is essential to preserve the nutrients of the ingredients you eat, but it is equally important to make them digestible. Cooking involves subjecting the ingredients to heat, which helps to remove and kill certain impurities and bacteria in them. Cooked foods are easily broken down, and hence, digested with ease. Some vegetables and foods are even more beneficial when lightly cooked. Vegetables like Brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, and kale should not be consumed raw.
3) Eating a light lunch
The ideology behind eating a light lunch may be to keep your weight in check and to stay healthy, but if the food you're having is not nutritious, it can still cause you to gain weight. Some food joints even offer a lunch menu of light proportions while the dinner menu may be packed with heavy amounts of food. This is wrong. It is advisable that people have larger proportions of food in their lunch while dinner should be meager as your digestion slows down as the day progresses.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Related Tip: Dieting Vs Fad Dieting: How can you spot the FAD?
How to reduce sodium consumption through diet
Minerals and salts are important parts of our daily diets. These minerals play significant roles in the functioning of the human body but, if found in excess, they might adversely impact your health. One such mineral is sodium, which is abundant in most food sources.
Sodium is present in every food in the form of salt. Most forms of meat, canned vegetables and soup, junk food and pickles are some examples of food which are naturally high in sodium. Apart from this, any cooked food will have salt crystals within it. Medical research has shown that most people consume more sodium than what is recommended.
Ill Effects of Sodium Intake in Excess
- The most common problem caused by the excessive consumption of sodium is high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure, apart from being the cause of strokes can also affect internal organs like kidneys and cause renal failure over time.
- It can also be detrimental to the heart and be a contributing factor to heart conditions as well.
Here are some of the ways through which you can reduce sodium intake through changes in diet.
- Increasing the intake of fruits within the diet - Inclusion of more fresh fruits in your diet will reduce the amount of sodium consumption. Canned and processed fruits may increase sodium consumption and hence should be reduced.
- Changing to fresh unprocessed meats - Certain processed and packaged meats such as in snacks and fast foods should be avoided as they have high sodium content. Hence, consumption of fresh meat instead of processed meat is an effective way to reduce your daily sodium intake.
- Including more leafy vegetables in your diet - Leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach, and celery have a lot of water and also help reduce the sodium intake in your body.
- Drinking plenty of water - Sodium levels can rise within the body when it is dehydrated. Thus, it is prudent to always keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Mustard Oil Versus Refined Oil