Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna PrasadYour feedback matters!
I want to do suicide because of what happened and happening to me. I am experiencing frequent urination problem and problem in my urethra and penis. I have weak and thin flow of urine. Am very depressed. Do not wanna live.Please tell sir .
My husband has enlarged prostate. Now he is taking a brand of food supplement for it called" PROSTRASURE TABLET" From "GREEN LIFE HERBAL NETWORK LTD. Its active ingredient is "RAPE POLLEN" does it have any side effect on his sexual performance? Pls should he stop?
I had 16mm ureteric stone in left side. It has been removed through surgery surgery on August 2015. After one month stent has been removed. Ultrasound scanning shows no stone fragments and no hydronephrosis. Urine routine test also normal. Still I am getting dull pain. Why.
I am feel pain in lower abdomen or pain during urine and for last year after sex my wife feel same problem is it a std. Or other serious disease.
Had sigmoidoscopy Anal fissure. Doctor prescribed me digestive enzymes and also taken laxative not cured .from last one month heavy pain while stool releasing pls suggest me.
Treatment for Kidney stones varies depending on the size and type of the stone or the symptoms caused by it. In case of small stones, medication and simple changes in lifestyle can be enough to treat it, but surgeries and extensive treatments are required if symptoms are severe. Following are treatment options for kidney stones:
Small stones with minimal symptoms:
- Drinking water: Drinking around 3 liters of water a day will regulate your urinary system and can effectively eliminate small stones. Unless your doctor advices otherwise, drinking ample amount of fluids, usually water, is one of the commonest way to get rid of small kidney stones.
- Pain relievers: There might be a considerable amount of pain and discomfort associated with passing the stone through urine. Your doctor may recommend pain killers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen sodium or acetaminophen.
- Medical therapy: In order to eliminate the kidney stone, your doctor may administer medical therapy. Medication like alpha blocker helps in passing the kidney stone with least pain and more quickly. It relaxes the muscles in the ureter and makes the process relatively easy.
Large stones with severe symptoms:
- Using sound waves to break up stones: In this technique, a procedure called Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), is employed. ESWL uses the help of sound waves to create vibrations which breaks the stones in smaller pieces. This procedure takes about an hour and can cause mild pain and discomfort. Your doctor may administer sedatives to reduce your sensitivity. ESWL has side effects like blood in urine or bruising in the abdomen.
- Surgical removal of kidney stones: Surgical removal of stones is done with the help of a procedure called nephrolithotomy. It uses small telescopes and other instruments which are inserted in your back through a small incision. It is generally done in case of large stones and when ESWL fails.
- Ureteric Calculi (Using a scope to remove stones): A thin illuminated tube called ureteroscope is used to remove a comparatively smaller stone in the kidney or ureter. The ureteroscope is equipped with a tiny camera which determines the location of the stone which is then broken into pieces with the help of other instruments. It may require general or regional anesthesia.
Related Tip: "Kidney Stones and Your Diet"