Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Krishna Murthy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna MurthyYour feedback matters!
My Doctor have advised me to breastfeed my baby in every 2 hours. But how much time should I allow my baby per feeding?
My daughter vitamin d was 9. Then she took 5 calcicoral pouches regularly and then she took 4 pouches once a week for month. After that she tested her vitmin d she had 25. 9. And now dr. Recommended architol injection 6 lkh unit. So it is safe or I continue with calcicoral. Last year also she had taken pouches but not completed course. Her weight is 25. 5and height is 133 cm. She is 10 years old
Had cesarean 5days back but do not have sufficient milk in my breast to feed my baby so please suggest some home remedies to get good milk in my breast for my baby.
My baby boy completed 3 month on 9 august. He breast feeding normally. But last 5 days he intake his hand in mouth. Can I give him cow milk. Powder milk due to gas problem he does not drink.
Hello doctor My son is one year old. More than a week he is suffering from loose stool. May I know why he is suffering like this problem. please send me clear answer.
MY BABY IS 20 MONTHS, SHE JUST TAKE MOTHER FEED, MOSTLY, DUE to it her weight is 10 kgs . Once I asked my doctor to use bottle for milk .he warn us that ,plastic bottles are harmful , if it is made of food grade plastic also, because plastic is plastic. Can I use it or not, please tell me some food ,which can be given to her.
My six year old boy child go to potty when come potty with blood and some body part see out his way of potty. What are medicine and ciplactin syrup given.
My baby is 7 month old, except breastfeeding he does not take any other milk and even do not take bottle. How I can help him to take formula milk through bottle.
My brother is 12 now but he still is wetting his bed. What is the problem why is he still bedwetting? What is the cure?
What Causes Eczema? Ways to Prevent Eczema Outbreaks
A skin inflammation, eczema, also known as atopic eczema, refers to the changes that occur in the upper skin layer. These skin changes can be thickened and cracked skin, skin redness, crusting of the affected area and swollen raw skin, among others. The exact cause of this skin condition is not yet known but a mix of factors have been found to be behind this health problem.
The factors that play a role in causing eczema are:
- Dry skin brings down your skin's ability to fend off irritants as well as allergy causing substances from entering your skin, resulting in an inflammatory condition.
- Genetics is also one of the factors that may affect the proper functioning of your skin as a barrier against harmful substances. Therefore, if either one of the parent or both suffers from the condition, it is very likely that their children too will suffer from it.
- Abnormal functioning of your body's immune system can also lead to this skin condition. This is because it's your body's immune system that fights off infections as well as harmful intruders.
- The presence of the bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which brings about sweat buildup, inflames the skin considerably, leading to this condition.
- Even environmental factors like pollen, cigarette smoke lead to the flaring of eczema.
How can you prevent an eczema outbreak?
It is very common for this skin condition to flare-up from time to time. But you can avoid such outbreaks or reduce their severity by following these very simple ways:
- Keep your skin well-moisturized so that it doesn't dry out causing further irritation.
- Sudden changes in temperature can cause the skin condition to break out. So, when the weather is hot, keep yourself cool but during cold weather, use a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Keep sweating in check as it can cause an outbreak very easily
- Avoid the use of harsh detergents and soaps, woolen materials as well as the consumption of foods that may lead to flare-ups