Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna MurthyYour feedback matters!
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Doctor my 20 months old baby quit active her weight is 8.5 kg and height is 77 cmt but i'm worried about weight not gain so what to do ?
Hi, I have 15 months old daughter. I did not understand what should I give her to eat bcoz she has no interest in fruits. I m very tensed pls suggest me why is healthy food for her?
Hi Doctor, my 3 n half year old Daughter is suffering from acute throat problem, Gavin fever as well as cold n Cough as well, I don't know the terminology of the problem what is she going through but, last night she couldn't sleep just because of she throat, she is not able. To speak.
My nephew 7 year old facing nosebleeds from last 3 years. Consulted 2 3 doctor but they say it happens due to weak vain of nostril. Please suggest me what should we do.
Hi doctors. My son is now 5 years old. And he is suffering from skin problem from the age of his 10months. Ulcer type occers on his skin and he itched it. And blood comesout from there (mostly at legs and hands. Doctors says its a tropical ezeima. Please do help.
Hi, My daughter is grinding her teeth during sleep. She also sleeps with her eyes half closed. The problem is only increasing and more noticeable now. She has also started taking fingers in her mouth. Is this behaviour normal? What could be the reason? Please suggest a remedy. Thanks, Nawaz.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
I have one concern about my son does not feel hungry and does not eat properly, he is 2.5 years old and his weight is 11 kg so please what can I do for wight management.
Dear my doctor, My new born child (male) born on 28th july 2015, what is the milk feed rate for 1 month from this date daily wise. Thanking you sir.
Hello doctors My son 3.5 month old is not passing stool from last 3 days. Is it ok or need any medicine for this?
My baby is 6 months old. Her weight is 5 now:-(breast fed till 3 months. Now she is poor in eating. Not drinking milk (nan pro 2), cerelac, apple juice. She is not opening mouth for anything. Much worried. Could you please tell anything to feed her tat boosts her weight and energy. She is 6 months but look like 3 month kid. Please help. Please tel me how to make her eat and what foods or best for babies.
Breast feeding should be started within the first 30-60 minutes of birth.
The thick yellow initial secretion (Colostrum) should not be discarded as it is rich proteins, vitamin A, prevents the development of allergies, and contains antibodies that protect the baby from infections.
The newborn should not be given honey, water or any other fluid other than the breast milkBaby should be breast fed on demand every 2-3 hours devoting 10-15 minutes to each breast.
Baby should be properly latched to the breast. Part of the areolar (the black area behind the nipple) should be in his mouth.The baby should be exclusively breast feed for at least 6 months.
Breast feeding helps in better mental development of the babyIt reduces risk of ear infections, chest infections, diabetes and skin rashesIt helps in strong bonding between mother and childIt leads to lesser pain and bleeding after delivery.
It helps the mother in losing weight fast.Breast feeding protects the mother against breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
It’s Breast Feeding week, so share these facts with your friends and family.