Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna MurthyYour feedback matters!
Need a diet list for 15 year old boy. The list should be of north indian food and it should be routine Monday -friday.
My baby is giving lots of expressions . He is 45 days old . He puts hands inside his mouth and scratches his face quite often as if he is disturbed.
My baby is 3.5 months old and his appetite is very less. He is not consuming proper milk. He is just consuming around 350 ml mother feed. His weight was 4.9 at 3 month old. Can I give liv 52 drops to increase his appetite? I am already giving him calcium, vitamin d and iron drops. Please suggest.
My daughter is 5 year old & suffering from b-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia & her treatment is continue under aiims hospital new delhi. My question is that is there any other ayurveda & homeopathic medicine, if yes then can I start it simultaneously or not? please help me. I will wait for your favorable reply. With best regards
My 1year old son is havig some swelling on his navel (umbilical. Is there anything about to worry or it is usual around these age?
Sir my son age is 1.5 month approx. His weight at the time of birth was 3.4 kg now 4.2 kg.From last 15 days his nose is little bit block and he is also suffering from cough and cold .yesterday steam is given by Dr. He is also crying more and more please advice.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.