Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna murthiYour feedback matters!
I am Diabetic since 1 year. At that time my weight was 65 Kgs. But as on now my weight is 63 Kgs. My body structure is seen that I am becoming very thin. It hears very odd. What should I do to control my sugar as well as to increase my body.
I am pre diabitic. my 3 month sugar is 5. 7 fasting -111 approxy pps 175 . I take this reading at home (acuechek) what to do?
Hi I am male of age 27. I am suffering from high uric acid. It goes up to 8.2. Remain under control while taking medicine but after leaving it again starts increasing. please help. Thanks in advance.
For a married couple, having a child is the next step to completing the family picture. However, for various reasons, some attributed to the male and some to the female, this picture remains incomplete.
Talking to a doctor is one of the best starting points. There could be deep-rooted causes for this issue, and homeopathy aims in treating the root cause and not just infertility. A good homeopath will ask you numerous questions to find out associated symptoms, family history, etc., and then arrive at a remedy that would work best for you. This is a highly customised therapy and so self-medication based on a friend or family member’s recommendation is best avoided.
Infertility in females is often caused by the following reasons:
- Irregular menstruation
- Hormonal imbalance
- Advancing age
- Emotional stress
- Excessive smoking
- Alcohol consumption
- Sexually transmitted diseases (Chlamydia, gonorrhoea)
- Structural abnormalities in the pelvic area including fibroids, pelvic adhesions, blocked fallopian tubes, etc.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Thyroid disorders
With more and more women coming out in the open to discuss, researchers have started working towards identifying the problem and working towards the treatment. The success rate of homeopathy in treating infertility is also on the rise. As with any medical condition, homeopathy treats not just the problem or symptom at hand, but the person holistically. Read on to know some of the common homeopathic remedies, but make sure you have a detailed discussion with doctor to identify what would work best for you. Self-medication is best avoided.
- In women with reduced sexual drive, Agnus and Sepia are widely used. The vaginal is extremely dry which could be painful during sex. There is also a bearing down sensation of the uterus in these women.
- In women with reduced menstruation, Pulsatilla and Sepia are widely used. The periods are never on the expected date, and when they occur, the flow is quite scanty and suppressed. Pulsatilla is also used when ovarian cysts are present. Sepia is useful in women that are prone to miscarriages.
- In women with excessive menstruation, Calcarea and Aletris are widely used. The periods happen before time, is too long with profuse bleeding. This excessive bleeding also causes anaemia, weakness, and fatigue. These women might also have frequent abortions.
- In women who have experienced a miscarriage in their third month earlier, with uterine and ovarian inflammation, Sabina is used.
- In women who are not able to retain sperms, Natrum carb is useful. There could be an offensive smelling vaginal discharge which is also very irritating and itching.
These are just some of the common remedies, but there are more, and each patient would require different therapy based on associated symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I need a diet chart in detail particularly, at least for a month, and in addition to diabetes he has high bp i.e. 140/90, little colester etc, gastric problem too. Please advice what should i do to cure?
Hi I have blood sugar 120 fasting & 145-155 after food. What I do for reduce it. I have taken one tablet of guloconorm Sr.
Diabetes is an abnormal condition where the sugar-levels in humans are higher than usual. Ayurveda can be used efficiently in treating this condition. In Ayurvedic terms, Madhumeha is the allopathic treatment of diabetes. In Indian terms, diabetes is known to the common man as Prameha, which is said to be divided into 3 major types – Kapha, Pitta and Vata. Lack of exercise and intake of food having excess of snigdha, ushna and guru types are said to be the chief cause of prameha.
Along with drugs and medications, Ayurveda stresses on the importance of a balanced diet and exercise. The management modules that can be categorized are:
- Vyaayam (Exercise)
- Panchakarma (Procedures for Bio-purification)
- Pathya (Regulation in diet)
- The use of therapy (Medications)
The individual’s constitution highly affects the ayurvedic treatment of prameha. Some of them are:
- Obstruction in srothus
- Ahara and Vihara
- Dosha predominance of disease
- Hereditary factors
- The prakrithi of the patient
- Manasika Prakrithi
- Dooshya vitiation
Management of diabetes can be done using a variety of herbs. Some of them are:
- Eugenia jambolana (Jamun beej churna)
- Pterocarpus marsupium (Vijaysar churna)
- Ficus bengalensis (Nyagrodha twaka churna - banyan tree bark)
- Momordica chirantia Karvellaka (Karella – Bitter Gourd)
- Kirat tikata (Chirayata)
- Embelica officinalis (Amla)
It is possible that certain patients are unable to respond to insulin or hypoglemic medicines. In this case, an ayurvedic physician may prescribe some ayurvedic drugs such as:
- Dhatri Nisha
- Chandraprabha vati
- Vasant kusumakar rasa
Diabetes is not just a lack of insulin. It is most probable cause is plain poor maintenance of your body. It 's cure will need to include all of these things discussed. By doing all, diet, herbs, exercise and stress management, you can certainly take care of your Diabetes.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Diabetes is the major cause of Kidney Disease!
Hello friends welcome back to Lybrate I am Dr Hanish Gupta and today I will be talking about diabetes and kidney diseases. Friends all over the world a large number of patients are started to have dialysis, a large number of patients are undergoing kidney failure. This hasn't happened suddenly but has happened because of 2 common causes known as diabetes and blood pressure. Diabetes forms the biggest cause of Kidney failure and kidney diseases and today for any stage of kidney illness diabetes is the number one cause for the people of USA. India is also fast approaching that scenario.
People believe that in diabetes when they get their kidney function test done and it comes out to be normal they think everything is fine which isn't the case. Kidney starts the sign of deterioration with diabetes very early on and it is very important for the Dr to detect if there is any kidney issue or not. The test required here is the urine test. In very early stage of diabetes there is microalbuminuria in urine which is the passage of protein from the body in very small amount, that is the result stage of kidney failure. That is also the right time to save further complications of kidney infection.
People keep in getting their kidney function test and believe their kidney is fine on the basis of that. But it is actually the urine ACR done by standardized methods in laboratories that gives the right diagnosis. The important thing is that not only test but also the signs and symptoms that tell us about the kidney condition. People believe that it is the amount of urine passage that decides this factor but the most important sign is swelling over the body. Simple signs like loss of appetite can also detail about kidney failure.When kidney has started deteriorating patient observed a tremendous amount of relief in sugar control, thus patient believes that diabetes condition is improving but that is not the case it is actually kidney deterioration that brings down the sugar level. The reason for this is that insulin is eliminated from the kidney and when kidney is undergoing deterioration the time period for which insulin remains in the body increases which is called as increase in the half life of insulin. So with that points keep your kidneys healthy and keep diabetes under control.
You can visit my clinic or contact me through Lybrate.
My mother is suffering from diabetes and she is fond of sweets what should I do? Can I hv some home remedies.
I am 47 years old taking medicine gluconate 1gm 1 -1 & Ziten only in morning. Now my sugar observed 89 fasting & 121 PP should I reduce medicine. What is new dose.
I am diabetic since 9 year without sugar control around fasting 350 taking medicines regularly and don't want to take insulin injection. I control my diet to some extent. Is these medicine ok or need to change.
7 Diabetes Related Skin Problems
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder, chiefly caused by insulin fluctuation in the body. A study shows that, 1 out of 3 people suffering from diabetes are likely to develop a skin condition sooner or later; and in some cases, these skin problems serve as symptoms of diabetes. Although these skin problems can be cured easily if treated early, proper care must be administered at all times. Here are 7 skin conditions that affect diabetics:
1. Bacterial infection
Although anyone can get a bacterial infection, people suffering from diabetes are likelier to contract them. Usual bacterial skin problems that tend to trouble diabetics are boils, lumps near the eyelids, nail infections and carbuncles. Diabetics are also prone to infections deep in the skin and of the underlying tissues. The affected area is usually warm, red and swollen.
2. Fungal infections
People who have diabetes have an increased risk of contracting the fungal infection, especially the one known as candida Albicans. The fungus tends to create a red, itchy rash, which is surrounded by blisters and scales. These are usually found in warm places of the body like the armpits, or between the fingers of the hand or perhaps even the toes. Common fungal infections in diabetic people include athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm.
3. Tingling and itching
Among the many causes of itching, diabetes is one. Yeast infection, dry skin and poor circulation are the primary causes of itching among patients of diabetes. Usually, the lower part of the leg tends to itch the most, if poor circulation is to be blamed.
4. Skin problems related to neuropathy
Diabetes can be the cause of nerve damage in some cases; and neuropathy is a common symptom of diabetes. This type of damage can cause a loss of sensation in a part of the body. On event of an injury, one may not be able to feel it. As a result, an open sore or wound, if left unattended, can develop into an infection.
5. Digital sclerosis
Digital sclerosis, a condition marked by tight, waxy, thick skin that develops on the back of the hand, is common among people who have type 1 diabetes. In this condition, the joints of the fingers get stiff and, thus, lose their mobility and elasticity. Skin of the toes, forehead and knees may also get affected.
Xerosis is another common skin condition that accompanies diabetes. In this condition, the skin becomes very dry and itchy.
7) Acanthosis nigricans
Acanthosis nigricans is the condition where diabetics get darkening of skin leading to skin tags around neck and armpits.
Related Tip: Does Hormonal Imbalance Hint the Risk of Diabetes?