Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Krishna murthi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna murthiYour feedback matters!
I am Writing this on behalf of my Mother. She is 50 years old and maintaining her sugar level with tablets. She is having Cracks in feet. Earlier it was like normal cracks generally people have in the age of 40+. But now it is become like more paining, itching and also peeling skin in Feet and palm. Please help me with your suggestion. Thanks in Advance.
Most of us are aware of the chronic condition called diabetes, but not many of us are aware of pre-diabetes and its significance. The term pre-diabetes refers to a condition where the blood sugar levels are on the higher side, but not high enough to fall under type 2 diabetes category.
In simpler terms, pre-diabetes is a health hazard alert which means it is high time that you start taking control of your lifestyle and eating habits or otherwise you may end up becoming a diabetes patient.
Here is a brief and useful account of a few dietary choices that can be helpful in keeping diabetes at bay while you're already in the pre-diabetes stage.
- Never skip breakfast: In an ideal pre-diabetes diet plan, skipping breakfast is a strict no-no. A healthy breakfast can not only help in starting your day with the intake of necessary nutrients, but also gives your metabolism the much-awaited kick-start it needs. Plus, a healthy breakfast also means reduced chances of overeating throughout the day, which is a plus-point for keeping diabetes at bay.
- Opt for nuts: Nuts are known for helping to reduce the risks of developing type 2 diabetes. Therefore, for those diagnosed with the issue, including nuts in their daily diet can be a beneficial thing to do. Choose from dry-roasted or raw nuts, or from almond or peanut butter forms to boost your blood lipid profile and to keep your stomach filled in between meal times.
- Eliminate sugars & trans fat: Consuming beverages and juices with added sugars can increase the risks of progressing from pre-diabetes to diabetes. Therefore, make it a point to avoid alcohol, sugary drinks, and processed foods as these can cause dehydration and lead to an increase in the blood sugar levels.
- Consider grains a friend: As carbohydrates tend to break into sugars, it is important to be careful while planning your pre-diabetes diet. It is best to avoid grains that are good sources of carbs, likewise, instead of going for refined carbohydrates, consider having complex ones like barley, millets, steel-cut oats, etc.
- Have a fibre-rich diet: When it comes to choosing the right diet for pre-diabetic patients, fibre-rich foods have a crucial role to play. Eating foods that are high in fibre not only help in making one feel full for long but also boost the digestion process, which in turn reduce the chances of overeating. Some of the common examples of fibre-rich foods are whole grains, vegetables, fruits, legumes, and beans.
Now, since we know the importance of a balanced diet in lowering the risks of developing diabetes, it is best to consult a dietitian and get a diet plan at the earliest. This will help you manage the pre-diabetes well and prevent you from reaching the diabetic stage.
Eat healthy and stay healthy!