Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. KripsYour feedback matters!
My wife is 5 mths pregnant Please suggest me some good and healthy food for my baby so that baby will remain healthy.
Quit eating junk food and high-fat fast food. Your heart, brain, and overall health are harmed by foods high in saturated fats, salt, and cholesterol. There's no getting around it. You've got to replace them with healthy foods: lots of fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts, olive oil -- what we call the mediterranean diet. Eat like an italian, a spaniard, a greek! enjoy!
As am suffering from thyroid and PCOD problem I have got a lot of unwanted hair .Please give me a precaution so that I can rid of my unwanted hair.
My daughter is 3 months old. I feel to continue at least for 1 year My milk supply is very low please give me prescription to increase breast milk.
I had missed abortion in June 2015 Now I am trying for conceiving from last 2 months still not got result.
Anorexia nervosa is a type of eating disorder, which falls under the category of psychological disorders. The patient becomes extremely thin and has an unreal perception of body weight. This unreal perception involves a fear of becoming fat. The primary symptoms are fasting, an aversion for food, obsessive thought about weight loss etc.
Here are the usual treatments for anorexia nervosa according to the progression of the disease.
- Medications: The first thing your doctors will do is prescribe medications to make sure that the patient has come back to a health condition, which is stable. This is because anorexia causes heart problems, depression and osteoporosis among other physical complications. The doctor will be giving separate medications for all of them. Once you start feeling better, the doctor will stop giving you medications. Sometimes medication also has to be given for malnutrition or starvation if the disease has set in far too deep.
- Counselling: The primary type of counselling, which will take place is nutritional counselling. Dietitians can help you with this, as they teach healthy eating patterns and know how to make you follow it therefore, this is a crucial part of the recovery process which should not be neglected.
- Therapy: Firstly, therapy and counselling are different treatment procedures. The main difference between the two is the focus of the treatment. Therapy is done by psychologists who help deal with what causes your hate of eating and try to eliminate these mental issues while counselling is done by counsellors who are there to help sort out your eating disorders.
- Nutritional rehabilitation: This is a more serious form of counselling. The counsellors generally try unconventional methods at this stage to make sure that you are eating properly and will eat properly in the future. This is because by this stage the progression of the disease is more serious and weight has to be gained immediately.
- Starvation treatment: By this stage, nutrition has to be given in the form of fluids and you will be having severe health problems all of which need medication.
I am 19 years old, having irregular periods like twice in a month, am feeling lathargic always may be for this reason.
Sir please help me. Yesterday me and my gf (would be wife) having sex. I had used condom but unfortunately the condom got bursted and my orgasm went into hers. It was the 3rd day after her period. Any chance of pregnancy.
I am going to have sex with my gf for the first time nd I don't want to use condom so how pregnancy can be prevented without taking pills also?
Hello sir, my age is 27, I was married at 22 I have a child 5 year old, now I am planing for second from few month. But no result.
Hi I am 32 years and I have menstruation problem as it is not regularized. Please advice and this time it is almost 3 months and I have checked pregnancy test also. Ii am having pain at lower portion. I am little tense please guide.
4 ways to never fall sick at season change
It is your body's immune system that stands between you and the germs. But sometimes it can fail to protect you against disease-causing microbes.
Nonetheless, there are ways in which you can significantly boost your body's immune system and these are:
1. Get adequate sleep and manage your stress well
Depriving yourself of sleep as well as being under stress all the time can hinder the functioning of your immune system. These two actions can bring about an increase in the production of cortisol or the stress hormone and a decrease in the production of protective proteins called cytokines that act against infection or inflammation. Moreover, research shows that individuals who don't get adequate quality sleep are more prone to falling sick.
2. Include fruits, vegetables and nuts in your diet
For boosting your immunity, you need to have an adequate amount of fruits and vegetables as well as nuts. This is because the strength of your immunity rests on nutrients that are supplied to your body. In order for your immune system to experience the beneficial effects of the various nutrients including vitamins and minerals, oats, barley, carrots and cauliflower are few of the immunity-boosting foods that you need to include in your diet.
A test conducted on a group of older adults reveal that upping the consumption of fruits and vegetables improved antibody reaction to the Pneumovax vaccine, which is given out to protect against the bacteria called streptococcus pneumonia.
3. Soak in some sun
Vitamin d obtained from the sun can help in boosting your immune system. Research by the university of Copenhagen has revealed that vitamin d or sunshine vitamin is vital for triggering and arming your body's t cells (a form of white blood cells responsible for killing bacteria or virus infected cells) against disease-causing microorganisms. In order for these cells to be activated, sufficient amount of vitamin d must be made available in the blood.
4. Say 'yes' to exercise
Just as certain foods play an important role in strengthening the immune system, exercise is also essential for promoting general good health and a strong immune system. It helps in improving the flow of blood, enabling the ease of movement of cells and substances throughout the body, thereby allowing them to work efficiently.