Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. KoushikYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old female and I am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis since 3 years what should I do to cure it.
Hi, I am 31yr old I have been suffering from severe pain in my legs and there is swelling on them may I know what could be the reason and I am in anger always. I have no health issues till now not even fever I had suffered so far the only thing that was troubling was the leg pain.
Sir I have a lot of problems in my backbone all times my backbone pain when we sleep ,when we take heavy wait in my hand my backbone pained what is the reason and tell me a medicine.
Since 1-2 months I am feeling inconvenience in my lower back .bt it is not paining. Past 3 months I am lifting some wtr cans it is the reason for it? R any prb with my back bone? N I hav gas prb also. Can I know wht is the reason behind it n suggest some remedies plz.
I am 19 years old male. I am a sports person and I am having regular problem with my shoulder paining and joints problem. Any solution please.
I am 30 year old man having regular back pain and pain in my lower feet back side in both legs since 4 months so is it something very serious or having some problem.
Mere knees mai problem hai.I think weakness hai. Mai baithne ke baad uthate waqt sahare ke bina uthne me problem hoti hai. Mai daud nahi pata. Kya mujhe gym join krni chahiye running ke liye?
I am an 18 year old boy. I am suffering from backache since 2 weeks. I am not overweight at 65 kgs and under height at 5 ft6" Kindly suggest me a good remedy. I'm facing a lot of problems due to this.
Hammer toe is a condition where the toe of the patient becomes deformed. The appearance of the toe will bear a downward curl that will make it look abnormal. This condition can mostly be seen during the childhood itself and it usually is known to affect the second or third toe on the foot. Let us find out more about the symptoms, risk factors and treatment for this condition.
- Symptoms: The sheer discomfort of walking around with a hammer toe is one of the first symptoms of the condition. The permanent damage will be visible in the way the toe curls and becomes deformed. The formation of corn or calluses is also a common symptom of this condition, while some patients may also experience the growth of claw like toes. Most patients feel pain when they are walking or running even as inflexibility sets in, which makes it difficult to flex the foot or stretch and wiggle the toes properly.
- Risk Factors: While the most common causes of the hammer toe remain an injury or even arthritis, it may be seen that those with a family history and prolonged use of high and pointed heels may be at risk more than others. This deformity can happen at birth or may progress as age catches on, depending on the risk factors at play. Also, when the patient suffers from the growth of calluses, corns and bunions that go untreated for a long time, it may manifest into a hammer toe eventually. This happens because these growths can make the layer of the skin thick and lead to a perpetual formation in the area due to the constant friction that also causes pain and discomfort. People with a high foot arch are also at risk of developing a hammer toe.
- Treatment: The orthopaedic specialist is the best person who can help with the diagnosis and treatment of this condition. While the diagnosis consists of the conduct of an X-ray to find the cause and extent of the damage, the doctor may also conduct nerve function tests to find out if any nerves have been damaged for the condition to have taken place. Also, the specialist will try to find causes like ligament injuries and other such things that could have led to the condition. Accordingly, the treatment method will be put forth. A mild hammer toe can be treated by wearing more comfortable footwear with pads to treat corns and other growths. For a severe condition, surgery is the only way out.
Ensure that you report the smallest and most persistent changes to your doctor so that treatment can take place well in time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Hello Sir, I am 25 years old and suffering from severe pain in the joints of my both knees and the pain spreads from the knee joints up to the anklets of my feet. I am suffering from this problem since I was 8 years old and day by day, the pain is increasing causing sleepless nights for me. Please suggest me some way how to get rid of this pain permanently.
When it comes to things which have a pretty high ability to cause aches and pains, osteoarthritis can be said to be near the top of the list, for sure. But, what exactly is to be done so as to reduce the adverse impact that it has on the life and wellness of a person? Well, for questions such as this one, it is great that the ancient and proven field of medicine that is Ayurveda has all the answers that one would need to be aware of!
If a person is an enthusiast of food cooked in a south Asian or east Asian style, then turmeric is something which would be quite familiar, to say the least! In addition to just the food, turmeric can go a long way in the effort to help people who are suffering on account of osteoarthritis. Turmeric has an ability to work against three enzymes in the body which cause inflammation, which are lipo-oxygenase, cyclo-oxygenase, and phospholipase A2.
So, it can be said that this is one item from the kitchen, which is worth keeping in mind for its alternative uses. As a matter of fact, it is not, by far, the only one as ginger is another which is useful in the treatment of osteoarthritis. This is especially true when it is a case of osteoarthritis of the knee. How ginger helps is that it prevents an enzyme which creates inflammation from having the full effect that it normally would have had. So, the amount of pain which is felt by the person is quite a bit less a good thing, is it not?
An aspect of curing osteoarthritis has to do with the diet, as well. So, it is important that in order to avoid the osteoarthritis from getting worse, fried foods are avoided, especially the things which are spicy. In addition to this, it is a good idea to use lentil soups as these provide nutrition but at the same time also help to reduce a person’s tendency to eat too much. The weight loss will also help make movement a fair amount easier. Quite a combination of benefits!
For someone who is going through pain on account of osteoarthritis, it is important to be on a regular meditation. While a person would not see the link between the two from a normal perspective, it is to be kept in mind that Ayurveda looks to balance not only the body but also the mind. So, there can be a reduced sensation of pain if a person meditates, which will help him or her live life better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 25 years old male and I have back and knee paid from last 7 months. I tried so many creams, balm and medicine but not completely fine. What should I need to do?
I have mild pain in my knees and it's since sometime. When I press my sheen with fingers a bit harder then it pains. Can you please tell what precautions should I take.
I am 23 year old male. I m suffering from knee aches from last month. Every time when I sit or standup or walk on ladders or stairs, its aches on my knees. Please help me. This all is done after I m recover from blood count down.
How the frozen shoulder should be treated for a person having age 45 years with no history of sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure.
Am a 18 year old boy and my muscles get too stiff and tighten due to heavy Gym. How to relax my muscles to allow my body to grow?
Normal uric acid levels are 2.4-6.0 mg/dl (female) and 3.4-7.0 mg/dl (male)
- Some diets that are rich in purine end up causing an increased production of uric acid. In other cases, it may be due to a completely sedentary lifestyle. Less intake of water also may be to blame in some cases as water plays an important role in washing out the excess of the uric acid. Regular usage of some medicines also cause the uric acid levels to rise. Another important factor is being overweight as obese people are much more likely to get gout as compared to those who have normal weight.
- It is a tragedy of the modern world that the superior advertising and marketing power of the allopathic system of medicine has eclipsed the good and genuine work of homeopathy. This is largely because homeopathic system of medicine cannot compete with the money power of allopathy. Just because allopathy does not have any cure for gout, patients tend to think that there is no cure for gout at all. People are not aware of the great work that homeopathy can do in the cure of gout. I cannot stress enough here that homeopathic medicines are pretty effective at curing the acute as well as the chronic gout.