Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Kotresh DYour feedback matters!
Start Today.You have one Life.
The humble Amla (or Indian gooseberry) is the best super food you can give to your body. In Ayurveda, Amla is treated like a Mother. You will be astonished by the care a single amla berry gives you. It makes your skin glow, hair shine, stomach settled, bones stronger, Immunity high and other organs very healthy! A regular intake of Amla keeps all illnesses at bay.
Here are top 9 of the numerous benefits Amla is packed with:
1) Richest source of Vitamin C
Amla is one of the richest natural sources of Vitamin C. A single gooseberry packs Vitamin C content several times more than an orange. Vitamin C immensely helps degenerative health problems, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, arthritis, and Alzheimer's disease. It helps greatly in common health problems like cold and flu as well.
2) Skin God
Skin health is directly propotional to stomach and hormonal health. Since Amla helps to detoxify the liver and aids digestion (as well as being a good source of Vitamin C and other minerals), one of the results of taking it regularly is that it almost instantly enhances one's complexion.
3) Hair Hero
Amla is a hair fortifier. Since Amla is great for digestion, it makes it easier for our bodies to absorb the calcium in the foods we eat, therefore resulting in healthier hair (as well as healthier bones, teeth, and nails). It helps us to preserve youthful hair color, and minimizes hair loss.
4) Enhances immunity
Packed with loads of Vitamin C and polyphenols, amla is a rich source of antioxidants. Due to high content of tannins, Amla has the property of dissolving free radicals thus reducing the damage caused by free radicals on the body. This improves the body's ability to fight disease. Regular intake of Amla prepares your body for fighting fatigue, weakness or diseases.
5) Reduces inflammation
Due to its anti bacterial, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties, Amla helps in curing of infections, ulcers and also reduces fever.
6) Improves digestion
Amla brings down acidity and helps the body to assimilate nutrients from the foods we eat. The fiber, polyphenol and water content of amla combined with its anti inflammatory properties make it a great antidote for an upset stomach.
7) Strengthens Liver
Amla protects your liver from oxidative damage that is caused by chemicals or alcohol. It strengthens the liver and helps us to flush out toxins.
8) Regulates Urinary System
It regulates your urinary system and helps in flushing out toxins through the urinary system without over-stimulating it.
9) Relieves Menstrual Cramping
Amla provides great relief for menstrual cramps. And a daily dose or amla juice or fruit can remove the trouble in the long term.
From some days, I am going through emotional stress and tension becoz of business and relationship. My mind is way hard blank about doing something. Fatigue, headache, uninterested in doing anything is observed on a daily basis. I don't get up even from the bed for the whole day. I just get up to eat something and sleep. The full body is drained out of energy and I even don't find my passion to be followed nowadays. Is this pointing towards depression? please help. Thoughts are getting more negative day by day.
Hello sir, I have cough problem in every two months tell me something some precaution to solve this problem.
I have severe bloating and acidity problems. Loss of appetite. What should be my daily schedule of meal and wake up and exercise and sleep . What kind of home remedy. U will prefer? What should I take in eating.
Is Anxiety And stress some how increases blood sugar level even if a person is not suffering diabetics?
I am suffering from little pain beside of heart. Because of gas formation. What is the permanent solution?
Sir my vitamin D is 18 and my calcium serum is 10.9. In The test. And now I am taking vitamin d3 capsules of 60 k of each 1 for a week. Sir is it sufficient? If not what more I should take and how many weeks I should take? I am Facing knee pain problems. Pl suggest. My age is 55 years and I have little diabetic and BP which is under control. My height is 6 ft and weight 110 kgs. Pl suggest me.
Sir actually we are on research of sexual lifestyle of women in India so I am in dout whether female of our Indian societies does masturbation kindly reply.
To remain fit and free from diseases it is not just enough to make healthy lifestyle choices, one should make a conscious effort to convert these choices into regular habits. Healthy habits make our lives happier, reduce stress and help in maintaining a healthy body and mind.
You can enrich your life by adding these habits to your life -
1. Exercise regularly - Starting a regular exercise regimen can help you in getting fit. Apart from the physical benefits, exercise help release endorphins in the body which are also known as the feel-good hormone as they make you happier.
2. Eat a healthy breakfast - The breakfast is the first meal of the day, so eating a nutritious breakfast that contains a healthy balance of carbohydrates, protein and fiber will keep you satiated and provide energy. Eating breakfast also helps to curb binge eating which may promote weight gain.
3. Stop smoking - Smoking can cause damage to the cardiovascular system in the body which can lead to increased chances of blood pressure problems.
4. Take the stairs - Using the stairs instead of the elevator burns more calories and also increases your aerobic fitness.
5. Avoid the phone before bedtime - If you use your phone before you go to sleep, then it can harm your quality of sleep. The light of the phone screen contains certain wavelengths which disrupt the hormone melatonin that is responsible for regulating sleep.
6. Meditate regularly - Meditating on a regular basis reduces stress, enhances your concentration and promotes overall wellbeing.
7. Avoid processed foods - Eating natural foods such as fruits and vegetables reduces chances of gaining weight and getting affected by disorders of the digestive system. It also helps in improving the health of your skin.
8. Drink green tea - Green tea is packed with antioxidants and nutrients which restrict the formation of free radicals. It also increases the metabolic rate of the body which can cause fat loss.
9. Do balancing exercises - Simply standing on one leg for 10 seconds can enhance your mobility and balance which will be beneficial for you in carrying out your everyday movements.