Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kotresh B.RYour feedback matters!
Calcium phosphate is the main component of the tooth enamel so any deficiency in calcium can cause damage to the enamel. Calcium is not only required for having healthy teeth but also healthy bones and heart.
Healthy teeth are a sign of good overall health and wellbeing. There are many factors that impact the health of the teeth such as improper diet, smoking, and sugar.
Benefits of calcium for teeth
- Calcium reduces the chances of losing a teeth
- It reduces chances of cavities
- Calcium, when combined with a proper nutritious diet, helps in increasing the longevity of the teeth
- Calcium can reduce chances of gum disease
- Calcium along with other minerals also help in improving blood supply around the teeth area
- A calcium compound, amorphous calcium phosphate helps in fluoride absorption in the tooth enamel
- It limits loss of mass in the jawbone
- Calcium also fortifies the bones around the jaw to reduce bone problems such as loss of bone structure as one gets older
- It helps in protecting the teeth from acidic components that cause tooth decay
To have healthy teeth, one needs to have a balanced diet that meets the regular calcium requirements besides following a healthy lifestyle.
Related Tip: Smoking and Its Effect on Teeth
- Clean in between your teeth using interdental brushes or floss. This will help to clean a higher portion of the tooth and prevent the build-up of plaque
- A diet that is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fresh fruit and vegetables can help to prevent gum disease
- Eating and drinking naturally weakens the enamel on your teeth, and brushing straight afterwards can cause tiny particles of enamel to be brushed away. It is best not to brush your teeth until at least one hour after eating
- Chew sugar-free gum to stimulate saliva to help prevent your mouth from drying out
- If you are a nervous patient, make sure your dentist knows this, including what you most dislike about treatment
- To test if you have bad breath, simply lick the inside of your wrist, let it dry and sniff. If the smell is bad, you can be fairly sure you have bad breath
- Always tell your dentist about changes to your health, as it may help them prevent gum disease from developing
- A glass of water is the best drink to give your child after eating sugary foods
- Brush your teeth just before you go to bed and before you have anything to eat or drink at breakfast
- Use a mouthwash containing anti-bacterial to help control gum disease.