Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kodlady Surendra Shetty
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Kodlady Surendra ShettyYour feedback matters!
I am writing this letter on behalf of my 19 year old Son. All India Institute of Medical Sceience, New Delhi had carried out Muscle Biopsy on 24.03.2005 and found the following: ?Muscle Biopsy shows features of Muscular Dystrophy? (Beckers). For the above disease, is there any kind of treatments are available as on date. Your reply in this regard will be highly appreciated. Tks N Rgds. Raghu
I have humeral shaft bone broken two months back. I had surgery and they kept plates. How much time it takes to heal. I doing dieting and exercising (walking) for the last week inwards. Does it effects anything to my recovery. I hope to find some response. Thank you in Advance.
Please suggest ayurvedic medicine for low back pain, I am facing this problem past six months. I prefer ayurvedic medicines.
I am 58 yrs. S. Suffering from ostoartherities. What shud I avoid so that I can lead a normal life ?
From last 3month having acute back pain doctor suggested for a ap, lat xray image of d-l spine and found L3-L4 erosion and checked serum PSA-151, acid phosphatase 260 creatinine-9.97, normal BP, sugar level normal, usg abdomen mentions that prostatomegaly and biopsy result is adenocarcinoma of prostrate with PNI and gleason score of 7 (3+4, suggested for orchiectomy but with the help of nuclear medicine they diagnosed that multiple myeloma. Rightnow I am having chest infection, cough, fever, body pain, shall I confirm it as a c/o multiple myeloma? What are the proper diagnostic to confirm it? If it is multiple myeloma what will be the better treatment for it?
What you must know about body ache
Affecting your entire body, body ache is usually an indicator of a condition that requires your attention for the pain to stop or a reaction of your body's immune system to an infection. Understanding the symptoms and the cause of the pain is the first step towards getting the right treatment for your problem.
The causes of body ache can be any one of these:
- An increase in your body's lactic acid as a result of overused muscles (that you normally experience when you perform strenuous exercises) leads to body aches that are not severe but temporary in nature.
- Temporary body aches can also occur if you suffer from flu caused by the influenza virus and other medical conditions like fever and viral infections, among others.
- A cause of body aches can be the presence of a serious condition such as Lyme disease or pneumonia that brings about major infection affecting your entire body.
- Inflammation of body cells or damage to your body's nervous system in the form of chronic ailments like autoimmune diseases and psychiatric problems can also cause pains and aches to develop all over the body.
What can you do to manage it?
There are simple ways that you can employ to relieve your body aches based on the root cause and these are:
- If the cause of your body ache is the flu, the best way to alleviate your condition is to take a hot bath. The hot water works by eliminating the body pains you may be suffering from. Even a gentle massage can soothe the ache affecting your entire body.
- For body aches that are caused due to overused muscle, you need to apply ice packs for 2-3 weeks on the affected area to bring down the inflammation. Even the application of a heating pad can help in relieving body aches brought on by muscle soreness.
- Shoulder and neck pains can be easily prevented by performing simple exercises from time to time such as shoulder shrugs or head turns. Also, the practice of using wrist and forearm rests can reduce your chances of getting shoulder and neck aches.
- Reducing your stress levels can also help in effectively lowering the instances of body ache. From sleeping on time to meditating for about 20 minutes a day can help in lowering stress.
In case, you do not get relief from any of the suggested ways, you need to consult a qualified doctor who will guide you on the right treatment course. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!