Find numerous Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kishore Babu Pentyala
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kishore Babu PentyalaYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from hair loss can you please suggest good diet and exercise for my hair loss control. I will be very great full to you. Thanks.
I am 21 yrs old girl I am experiencing hairfall since 2 months. Before that it had stopped. Now its too much. Also when I eat little of lays or other chips or oily stuff even a bite will cause acne. Please suggest something.
The hands get exposed to the various irritating situation and substances each day. This peeled skin causes rough or scraggly cuticles which can lead to various infections if any bacteria enter through this cracked skin. Hence, it is equally important to take care of this skin area.
What Can Be The Cause Of It?
The most common causes which can lead to skin peeling are as follows:
- Allergic Reactions: Exposure to various skin irritants, such as nail polish, soapy water, nickel, latex, solvents, and detergents are the major causes of the skin peeling in women.
- Nail biting: Nail biting can make skin cuticles, and nails ill. These damaged cuticles can result in a skin infection. It is one of the causes of peeling skin in children and nervous adults.
- Finger or thumb sucking: A persistent habit of a finger or thumb sucking causes dry skin and leads to peeling. Hence, it is also commonly seen in an infant or toddler.
- Nutritional deficiency: Vitamin or calcium deficiency is also the cause of peeling skin around nails. The deficiency of these minerals only causes dryness of skin and makes it prone to flake and peel off. The deficiency of vitamin B-3 (niacin) results in pellagra where dry skin or dermatitis is associated with the development of diarrhea and dementia.
- Due to various skin diseases: Various skin diseases also cause skin peeling around the nails. Psoriasis, eczema, and dyshidrosis are the most common cause of it. Eczema is an inflammation of the skin which results in dry, and itchy skin which ultimately leads to skin peeling whereas psoriasis targets the life cycle of the skin cells, and causes a rapid buildup of cells on the surface of their skin, leading to the formation of patches, and scales. Dyshidrosis is a rare skin problem in which fluid-filled blisters are formed on sides of the fingers which can also lead to skin peeling around nails.
- Chronic infection: Chronic infection, such as bacterial or fungal infection (caused by moisture) can also lead to the peeling of skin around the cuticle.
- Excessive hand washing: Washing hands with soap frequently can hamper the lipid barrier of skin which can cause the soap to absorb into sensitive layers of skin, leading to irritation, and peeling.
- Using products with harsh chemicals: Certain chemicals added to soaps, shampoos, and other beauty products may cause skin irritation and peel off the skin around the fingertips. Finger skin peeling due to all these reasons is more commonly seen in beauticians, maids etc.
- Weather changes: Dry climate or winter season can often lead to dry, cracked, and peeling skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!