Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Orthopedists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kiran Rajappa
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran RajappaYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old boy I am suffering from backache I used cream and medicine also so suggest me best advice to relief my backache.
I have to travel aal the day due to my touring job. My back has started paining. The pain continues for long time. What can I do.
I have a serious knee. Pain. Since I was 11 years old. Unable to bend my knee. I can't squat. Pain takes over.
Hi sir good evening I am chandrakanth sir I am suffering from full back bone pain sir so please help me.
Do running or any other outer exercises improves pelvic floor muscle? Or only kegel exercises helps in that?
MY father is suffering from left hand arm pain since 4 months, he visited many doctors but dint get any positive result. He has taken many prescribed medicines, ointment but it did not ease his pain. Pls help him out.
I am 45 years old, I have some pains like neck pain, knee pain and headache .neck pain coming nearly 45 days and knee pain coming nearly two months, orthopedic doctor asked what is your profession, answering to doctor my profession is construction execution, designing.the doctor says don't go to steps, don't use IWC ,don't sit on floor directly. Now construction time no lifts are provided the organisation, so please give advise and how to control the above pains. I am not using any medicine. Please give reply and advise.
Fibromyalgia is a medical condition that is known to affect the soft tissues and muscles of the body. As a result, there is a muscular pain and fatigue experienced throughout the body, often interfering with daily activities of the affected individual. Though the condition can affect both men and women, females are more prone to Fibromyalgia than their male counterparts.
The pain (can be acute or chronic) associated with fibromyalgia is often an outcome of a condition whereby the receptors in the brain that perceive the pain signal undergoes modification, becoming oversensitive to the pain stimuli.
The body has 18 tender points spread throughout the body. These tender points are highly sensitive and can be quite painful when pressed. Research suggests that individuals with fibromyalgia experience pain in at least 11 of these pressure points when pressed (often used in the diagnosis of fibromyalgia).
Causes of Fibromyalgia
While it may be difficult to decipher the exact trigger that results in Fibromyalgia, the condition may be an outcome of
- Physical or emotional trauma, stress, anxiety, and depression
- Genetic predisposition. The incidence of fibromyalgia is higher in individuals with a family history of the condition
- Indulging in too much of a sedentary lifestyle (lack of physical activities and exercise) can play a pivotal role in triggering fibromyalgia
- Certain health conditions and infections such as Arthritis can also give to fibromyalgia
While muscular and joint weakness and pain are synonymous to fibromyalgia, a person may also complain of
- Sleeping disorders
- There is a weakness, headache (often associated with a migraine), and fatigue (in spite of having a sound sleep and proper rest)
- A person may experience Fibro Fog (a condition resulting from fibromyalgia whereby a person finds it difficult to memorize or concentrate on anything)
- There may be morning stiffness along with numbness or a tingling sensation in the legs, hands, feet
- Some women with fibromyalgia may experience menstrual cramps which are often painful
- One may also suffer from IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), Temporomandibular joint disorders
Treating Fibromyalgia with Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, Fibromyalgia is an outcome of the vitiation of all the three doshas - Vata, Kapha, Pitta. This affects the digestion process (it weakens or slows down) with the buildup of toxins or Ama in the body. Thus, for an effective treatment, the balance between the three doshas should be restored along with the elimination of the toxins out of the body (detoxification).
- The treatment often involves a concoction of herbal and Ayurvedic oil massages and oil baths, lifestyle changes, dietary modifications, meditation and yogas or pranayamas
- Avoid non-vegetarian (can have lean meat though), spicy and greasy foods. Instead, supplement the diet with fresh fruits, vegetables, healthy or good fats (poly or monounsaturated fats), whole grains
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water daily
- Follow a healthy sleep routine. Mediation and Yoga will act as a catalyst, enhancing the overall treatment
- Drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco or drug abuse should be avoided
- A Warm Ayurvedic oil application with gentle pressure is very effective in this if done on regular basis
- Stay happy and stress-free
- Daily feet massage helps in good sleep.
- Panchkarma treatment is highly effective in this disease.
- If stress is highly involved its better to take proper counselling from psychiatrist .
- Healthy bowl is always recommended.
- Good appetite and bowl clearance are utmost important in this disease.