Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran PrasathYour feedback matters!
My skin is very sensitive to deodorant, it causes itching and making my skin red. What shall I do to get rid of it?
Any surgery that requires an incision will involve sutures or staples as the last step of the procedure. This helps close the incision and keep out infections. Taking care of your stitches can help limit scarring and discomfort and speed up the healing process. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Keep it clean and dry: For the first few days, use a washed wet cloth to clean the incision site. After a few days, you may start washing the area with soap and water unless advised else wise by your doctor. Ensure that you dry the skin thoroughly after washing it. Avoid baths that involve soaking the area in water. Also, avoid swimming. Do not use any powders, lotions, creams, deodorants etc on the wound site.
- Look out for signs of infections: Avoid activities that may involve exposing your wound to dirty water, chemicals, dust etc. This increases your risk of infections. Also look out for signs f infections such as redness, swelling, pus or bleeding, fever or increased pain from the wound. In case you notice such signs, consult your doctor at the earliest.
- Do not scratch: As it heals, your skin is likely to turn itchy. However, refrain from scratching so as to reduce chances of infections. Do not try and pull away from the scab but let it fall off on its own. This will also help limit scarring.
- Limit contact: Avoid wearing tight clothes or anything that sticks to the skin while your wound is healing. Instead have plenty of loose, comfortable clothes easily accessible. Also, do not take part in close contact sports such as football etc until the stitches have healed completely.
- Change your dressing regularly: A dressing should be changed as soon as it gets wet or soaked with blood or other body fluids. Wear clean medical gloves while changing a dressing. When putting on a new dressing do not touch the inside of the dressing or apply any creams on the stitches unless advised so by your doctor. In the case of removable stitches, the doctor will usually remove the stitches after a few days. DO not attempt to pull the stitches out on your own.
- Avoid exposing the wound to sunlight: New skin that forms as the incision heals is very sensitive to sunlight and gets sunburnt very easily. Limiting your exposure to sunlight can help reduce the effects of scarring.
What mad icons help to stop pimples on your face and what are food necessary to release pimples. Please consult Mey soon.
Bohut bal (hair) jhar rahe hai homeopathy doctor dikhaya fir bhi kuch fayda nahi hua. Jab bhi shampoo karta hu hath pura balo (hair) se bhar jata hai. please kuch suggeste kijiye bal jharne or re hair regrowth k liye. please sir.
Dear doctor, My son aged 16, is having irregularly shaped patches throughout the body, mostly on his neck, abdomen and hands. We consulted the dermatologist and was asked to do a skin biopsy. The biopsy results suggest that he has pityriasis lichenoides chronica. I would like to know what is the best treatment for Plc? Is it completely curable?
I have open pores on my face which are caused due to pimples .can you advice how to grt rid from then open pores ha .i tryd most of the things but no use so help me out.
I am 22 year old, for past 2 years I have skin rashes on my legs, I took some medicines but it doesn't seems to get well, please suggest me some home remedies as it's not getting well on tablets or ointment.
I am 28 years old having hairfall problems hairgrowth less on front portion so please suggest some oil or remedy for this problem.
Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.
When to Consider Breast Augmentation-
- If you want a better proportioned or more appealing figure.
- If you wish your clothes fit better.
- When pregnancy, weight loss or aging has affected the size and shape of your breasts.
- To restore symmetry if one of your breasts is smaller than the other.
Breast enhancement surgery is mainly done using:
- Implants: While performing breast surgery using implants, the surgeon will make an incision, lift up the breast tissue, create a pocket in your chest, and place the implant there. Generally, the breast implants are of two types, namely silicone and saline. Although both implants consist of an outer shell made of silicone, the difference lies in the internal content of the implant. Saline implants contain sterile or saline water, whereas silicone breast implants are generally filled with silicone gel.
- Fat Transfer: For breast enhancement techniques using fat transfer, liposuction is used to take fat from a part of your body that generally has a higher content of fat. This includes the abdomen or the thighs. This extracted fat is processed and then inserted into the breasts.
The safety of the type of breast enhancements depends on:
- Ruptures: Ruptures are risks with both forms of breast implant. The ruptures may result due to surgical error or a fall. Rupture of a saline implant only results in the leakage of harmless and absorbable saltwater. On the other hand, rupture of silicone implants causes leakage of silicone that tends to remain in the body and sometimes, may spread out of the breast and into the nearby lymph nodes.
- Aesthetic Results: The look and feel of silicone breast implants is given more preference because they are similar to real breast tissues. Saline implants tend to cause rippling of the skin.
- Surgical Differences: Saline implants can be filled after implanting. Hence, they require a smaller incision as compared to pre-filled silicone implants. Additionally, adjustment of saline implants after surgery is possible. However, the standard size of pre-filled silicone implants cannot be altered.
- Eligibility: Age criteria for women undergoing breast enhancements using saline implants is 18 and above, while for silicone implants, the minimum age is 22.
- The individual is kept under observation for a few days post the breast enhancement surgery. The breasts are covered in gauze dressings for a week before the patient is discharged.
- After discharge, one is advised to wear a support bra for the first few weeks till the implants set in. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.