Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran Kumar M KYour feedback matters!
I have a yellow teeth what should I do for over come this problem? And my uncle was suffering from sugar. How to over come.
The thyroid gland in your body is responsible for controlling and secreting those hormones that help in your natural growth and development. These hormones are crucial in regulating some of the most important functions of your body, such as your heart rate, breathing, your body weight, your menstrual cycle and your muscle power to name a few.
Problems of the thyroid gland (such as hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism) can hamper all of these vital functions, and these problems usually arise due to a poor diet. However, your diet can also help in improving the health of your thyroid gland. Here are some diet tips to help you out:
- Include lots of iodine in your diet: Iodine is a nutritive element, without which your thyroid gland will not be able to function at all, being its building block. Therefore, iodine rich foods, such as fortified salt, eggs, seaweed and other dairy products should be a part of your diet. Along with iodine, zinc, selenium, copper and iron are other very important elements that should be a part of your diet too.
- Plenty of B vitamins and antioxidants help: Since stress (blame it on cortisol, the stress hormone that overworks your thyroid in case of chronic stress) plays a major role in hampering the proper functioning of your thyroid gland, eliminating it and detoxifying yourself is extremely important. This can be done by including plenty of B vitamins and antioxidants in your diet. White meat, fishes like tuna, peanuts, brown rice and fruits such as goji berries and wild blueberries can be of great help in this regard.
- Say no to soy: Soy is one of the main culprits behind the malfunctioning of your thyroid gland, as it contains an element known as isoflavones, which can reduce the iodine reserve in the gland. Apart from that, vegetables that belong to the brassica family such as cauliflower, cabbage and Brussels sprouts are linked to causing goitre and must be avoided. Consumption of gluten must be avoided too, as it can cause autoimmune thyroid disorders, celiac disease and hormonal imbalances.
- Enjoy your daily meals: In today's fast paced world a stress-free meal is a thing of the past as most people are in a rush to get done with their breakfast, lunch or dinner. This hampers your digestive function and also puts stress on your thyroid glands. The best way to eat is to sit on a table and relax, enjoying every morsel you swallow. This ensures your thyroid remains healthy.
I am 53 years old male I had my sugar level fasting 264 & pp 392 after taking medican I again tested sugar which comes fasting 101 & pp 109 than I stopped all medican for one month after than again tested sugar level which comes fasting 101.6 & pp 141. Know I am w/o medican. Only controlling my food habit, avoiding sweets. Tea, some fruits. Please suggest me.
My moms age is 45 and she is having diabetes she is also suffering from cholesterol and also problem of blood pressure what should she do to control all this things?
My father is a heart patient and diabetic. From last one month his sodium level is 125 and potassium is quiet high. He is having high BP problem also. Please advice what can we do for his low sodium in this case. He is not able to walk from last 2 months due to generalized weakness. He just got treated for Viral Meningoencephalitis.
I am a diabetic pationt I use human mixtured insuline in morning 40 unit and at night 35 unit but my sugar is not normal it is always little bit increases my age is 44 years what can I do so my sugar can be normal?
Most of the people say that since cashews has high calorie and high saturated fat it is bad for cholesterol and diabetes people. Your expert opinion please.
How to control the thyroid level? As I have not much time for workouts due to my college timing suggest some measures to control it?
I am just 30 years old. But I have both diabetes and hypertension. Both has been diagnosed recently. Kindly advice whether I need to take allopathic medication for rest of my life. Is it advisable to take allopathic medication as it is know for its side effects. Can I take ayurvedic or homoeopathic medication? Which one will be effective? Also, please advice whether I can go to gym and do the regular body building exercise?
I am 41 years old house wife, and post hysterectomy 13 years back, now having hypothyroidism, current test shows TSH is 17.48 uIU/ml. T4 5.8, T3 107 ng/DL. Now I have tiredness, hair loss, body ache. My doctor given 50 mg thyronorm tab 1 for every day. Can you suggest food habits and other controls for speedy recover, and future of my life.
I AM 54 YRS. OLD diabetic FOR 25 YRS. SUGAR LEVEL IS HIGH FASTING 293 AND PP 234 HbA1C IS 11,2.suffering FROM chronic LIVER DISEASE AND GALL bladder IS FULL OF DEBRIS (CH. CHOLEOSIS) ALSO ED PROBLEM FOR LAST 5 YRS.
I am a student I am really fed up from my hair fall problem what can I do for my hair and also tell me the symptoms of diabetes? ?
I am 51 years old maie person .I had checked my blood sugar which found fast 128, post meal 163. My Hb1c is 7.please advise.
Dear doctor I have weight of 88 kg and I am suffering from thyroid and I am look so fatty! Please suggests me right diet and how I can reduce weight to look slim and beautiful. Please help me doctor to reduce weight.
I am 36 male I have diabetes since 12 years. Since 2 months my diabetes is not in control today my fasting sugar was 250. I take triglimet v Forte twice a day. In afternoon I take under 5 mg. And in night in take lantus 30 units but still my sugar is not in control. I do not take any sweets or tea or coffee. I eat rice only in afternoon. Please advise.
Are you suffering from diabetes? If yes, then it’s time for you to be extra careful about your health. Diabetes may cause several other diseases as well. You must check your lifestyle and take medical efforts to get rid of diabetes as soon as possible.
You are at risk of developing nerve damages (neuropathy), vascular injuries and other heart diseases, regardless of your age, sex or other external or internal factors. Diabetes patients must strive to maintain fasting blood glucose levels less than 110 mg/dL and hemoglobin HbA1C level less than 7%. Also, diabetes patients should keep a check on blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Here’s how diabetes can affect your overall health:
1. Check your heart: There is a correlation between blood pressure, cholesterol levels and diabetes. Researchers have found that high bad cholesterol levels act as a hindrance to insulin regulation. People with diabetes are more likely to develop heart-related diseases. About 60% diabetes patients die due to heart attacks. Diabetes is responsible for hardening of arteries or atherosclerosis. This situation is dangerous and can cause heart attacks, strokes or other chronic diseases.
2. Neuropathy: Diabetes leads to impaired nerve function. This is called neuropathy. This condition is of two types: Peripheral (which affects toes, feet, legs, hand and arms) and Autonomic (which affects digestion, bowel, bladder, heart and sexual activity). Symptoms of neuropathy include tingling, weakness, burning sensation, numbness in the limbs, digestive disorders, infection of the bladder and erectile dysfunction.
3. Nephropathy: Diabetes is responsible for causing damage to the kidneys as well. This is called nephropathy. In this condition, the filters in the kidney or glomeruli get damaged. As a result, there is a leakage of protein in the urine. Consequently, kidneys get damaged. Urine showing small amounts of protein is an indication of kidney damage. About 20-40% patients suffering from diabetes die due to renal failure. The symptoms of renal disorder due to diabetes include itching, fatigue, urine with protein, swelling of feet and ankles and pale skin colour.
4. Foot ulcers and amputations: Diabetes causes non-injury amputations as it affects the nerve in the limbs, especially foot. Usually, minor infections in the foot may lead to ulcers and later require amputation. In rare cases, Charcot joint or Charcot foot may also occur. This is called neuropathic arthropathy. The symptoms include swelling and reddening of the foot. The bones of the affected foot have a tendency to develop cracks, deforming the entire region.
5. Retinopathy: Diabetes leads to blindness in adults. The eye disorder caused due to diabetes is called retinopathy. Patients with diabetes develop cataract easily. The capillaries and blood vessels in the retina get damaged or obstructed, resulting in damage to the entire retina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.