Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran AshokYour feedback matters!
I am suffering with Pcod for past one year. I was 44 kg. And now I am 68 kg. Rapid weight gain has been a major problem for me. And I also found a black ring around my neck? What are the foods to avoid to cure this disease? Which one is the best allopathy/ homeopathy/ayurveda! What shall I do for my problem and the diet to follow?
We all follow certain myths regarding health. There are a lot of myths regarding Physical therapy and Exercising as well. Here are some myth busters which might help shed some light on the actual facts –
1. Myth: I need a referral to see a physical therapist.
Fact: There is no need to get a Physician’s referral to work with qualified experienced Physiotherapists. They are trained to do the evaluation and treatment planning.
2. Myth: Physical therapy is painful.
Fact: Physical therapists seek to minimize your pain and discomfort—including chronic or long-term pain. They work within your pain threshold to help you heal, and restore movement and function.
3. Myth: Physical therapy is only for injuries and accidents.
Fact: Physical therapists do a lot more than just stretch or strengthen weak muscles after an injury or surgery. They are skilled at evaluating and diagnosing potential problems before they lead to more serious injuries or disabling conditions—from carpal tunnel syndrome and frozen shoulder, to chronic headaches and lower back pain, to name a few.
4. Myth: Any health care professional can perform physical therapy.
Fact: Only qualified Physiotherapist from a recognized college who has done 41/2 years degree course are eligible to do the evaluation and treatment.
5. Myth: Surgery is my only option.
Fact: In many cases, physical therapy has been shown to be as effective as surgery in treating a wide range of conditions—from rotator cuff tears and degenerative disk disease, to meniscial tears and some forms of knee osteoarthritis. Also for stress incontinence. Those who have recently seen a good qualified physical therapist know this to be true.
6. Myth: I can do physical therapy myself.
Fact: Your participation is key to a successful treatment plan, but every patient still needs the expert care and guidance of a qualified physiotherapist. Your therapist will leverage his or her specialized education, clinical expertise, and the latest available evidence to evaluate your needs and make a diagnosis before creating an individualized plan of care.
Hello doctor I m 20 years old. My breast size is 32, I don't find it growing. What should I do? 2 years before I had lump in both the breasts and it was mobile but now i am safe.
I am 26 years old women, mujhe period time to time pe ata hai per six month ho gayi hai mujhe koi pregnancy nahi hui hai,
She had an emergency pill on 3rd of Oct and bleed a lot on the 8th of oct she was due for her periods on 22nd oct but till date she is not down but suffering from pain in legs and back also she has poly cystic ovaries what can we do?
I have regular acidity problem. Its happens hence last two year. Its increase more and more since over the period of time. I take many suggestion from many expert doctors to killed this problem. But relief only 2or 3 days. What medicine take to totally killed it and what precaution I take to killed problem.
Hello respected doctor's, I am 42 years old and my wife age 28, we have 2son. What is the best birth control method for her Condoms Or CoppertT. Please suggest me. Thank you.
I'm 19 years old female. My husband just touched his with mine. Not inserted. This happened approx 15 days ago. I'm missing my periods now. As I was to have at about date-10. Can I use the tablets. mifepristone n Misoprostol. Plzs help. M scared.
Proper diet and nutrition is very important specially when you are working out. Without proper diet you will not gain muscles and all your exercise will ends in cramps and lean body.
I am giving you a schedule which if followed can be very benificial for new gym goers.whcih are as follows:
1 cup plain cooked oatmeal, 4 large whole eggs, large sliced banana, 1-3 g of HMB (Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate -- is a naturally produced substance in humans that is used as dietary supplement and as an ingredient in some medical food products)
Mid morning Snack
3-4 slices turkey breast, 2-3 slices whole bread, mustard, lettuce, 2 low fat cheese, A fruit
2 cups pasta, 1 cup broccoli, 6 oz. lean ground beef
2 slices whole wheat bread, ½ avocado, ½ can albacore tuna
2 slices whole wheat bread, 20 g protein shake (whey or whey/casein) with 3-5 g creatine, 1-3 g HMB, 3-5 g creatine
20-40 g of protein shake(whey or whey/casein) with 3-5 g of creatine, 32 oz. sports drink, 1-3 g HMB, 3-5 g creatine
8 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli, baked sweet potato(large)
1 cup low fat cottage cheese, 2-3 tbsp. peanut butter, 1-3 g HMB
Also note the following -- In case you are not gymming, cut out the calories mentioned here as you probably will never burn them off.
- Drink a full glass each of water after waking up in the morning, about 15 minutes before each meal, and before and after workouts. DO NOT drink water DURING meals. Try to drink more than 1.5 litres of water every day.
- Break up your meals into five or more mini meals. For those wanting to shed some pounds, limit each meal to 300 calories for women and 400 calories for men. Breakfast within 30 min after waking up. Plan your meals in such a way that your routine life is not compromised, you stay fresh and energetic throughout the day and you don’t rush for fast food.
- The key is to increase the intake of protein and complex carbohydrates without increasing fat. Forget the pastries, cakes, burgers, pizza and fries. For an intense workout with weights, try a high protein diet. Whey powder, meat, chicken, eggs, skimmed toned milk, cheese, yogurt, soy milk are rich in protein. These help build muscle mass. Starch rich foods like bread, rice, chapattis, parathas etc. are best before exercise. Post workout, it is best to stick to fruit juices, smoothies and other simple sugar containing food like fruits, bananas etc. All carbohydrates are converted to glucose in the body before any energy can be derived from them. Save your body some effort by eliminating this tiresome process after a grueling gym routine.
- Write down in your diary any new tips you learnt, any new exercises that you tried and whatever resolutions you want to make for your fitness routine. Track what you eat and the amount of calories it is likely to contain. Put it on paper. This will help you to burn off what you took in.
I think this will help you all..
Hello Doctor, Me and my hubby are trying for a kid since 3 months. Now from 2 days I am feeling a bit of itching sensation near my vaginal opening. It's a light itching but uncomfortable. Please suggest me how to get rid of this.
It is possible to get pregnant with using myo-inositol D-chiro-inositol Chromium and vitamin d3 capsules? please advice me.
Causes, symptoms and treatment for PCOS
Hi doc I am 26 years married female trying to conceive all our test are normal so this time my doc suggested to take siphene tablet from 2 nd day of my period cycle to 6th day and done follicular study where 2 eggs from right ovaries both of size 21 and 20 got ruptured on my 14 the day and doc gave me duphaston tab from 18 the day for 10 days but now like 20 the day of the cycle I have too much lower back pain on the right side my last period date was 13 the may. So can I be pregnant please help.
The battle of supremacy between processed and whole foods has been raging on for quite some time now. Which is better? Which is more nutritional? The debate seems a never ending one. This article will tell you the benefits and drawbacks of both types of foods. It’s for you to decide which one is better for you and which isn't.
Processed foods are foods which have been altered in some way or the other to make them healthier, to make them taste better or for storage purposes. Almost every day to day food that you consume is processed. Some examples of processed foods include breakfast cereals, cheese, milks, soft drinks, bread etc.
Advantages of processed foods
Here are some advantages that you drive home from processed foods:
1. Processed foods like different types of jams and juices taste very good and last longer, making them a part of every household.
2. Processed fruits, vegetables and herbs, when stored in cans, tend to be free from bacteria and other harmful agents.
3. They are easy to purchase because they are available in all seasons
Disadvantages of processed foods
Processed foods have their own set of drawbacks. Here are some of them:
1. Some processed foods are genetically modified, which may cause a negative impact on your health.
2. Foods tend to lose their nutritional value when processed.
3. Foods that contain added sugar and fat can lead to a lot of health problems like diabetes, heart diseases and other cardiovascular problems.
Natural foods are those which don’t undergo any change in the form of added color, sugar or flavor. Natural foods go straight from vegetable farms and poultry farms to the market where you can purchase them.
Advantages of natural foods
Fresh fruits, vegetables or meat are categorized under natural foods, including a host of other foods as well which are not processed. Here are their advantages:
1. Natural foods are as nature intended them to be. They contain no added ingredients or flavor.
2. A diet comprising of natural foods keeps many diseases at bay.
3. Natural foods are free harmful flavor enhancers like MSG
4. Natural foods are rich in vitamins and minerals which are necessary for a healthy you.
Disadvantages of natural foods
There are not many disadvantages of natural foods apart from the facts that they are difficult to store, spoil after a certain period and are not available all year round. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Ageing gracefully is a matter of taking care of the signs of ageing as they begin their advent over our skin, hair and body. While many people turn to the regular use of cosmetics and creams, there are others who go in for regular visits to the salon for various kinds of facials and other such methods. Yet, there are other long-term and more effective methods of dealing with these signs of ageing that may show up on the skin. With the advent of technology in this matter, we now have cosmetic surgery that can help you in dealing with these signs of ageing.
Let us find out about the brow lift surgery
What is it about
This kind of surgery is usually carried out to correct the sagging skin of the forehead, which may eventually manifest as deep wrinkles. This surgery also takes care of the surrounding area like the eyelids and the eyebrows. It has been seen that many people go in for this kind of surgery when they are getting their nose fixed with a cosmetic procedure.
Procedure of Brow lift
There are two kinds of brow lifts that one can choose from, the classic brow lift and the endoscopic brow lift. While the classic lift involves one long cut that goes from your ear level across your hairline, the endoscopic lift needs a few shorter cuts in the scalp, through which a tiny camera may be inserted for the procedure. This involves better recovery and minimal scarring as well. Before the surgery, you may be asked to limit your use of painkillers, if you happen to take them on a regular basis. The doctor will also ask you make a few lifestyle changes where you need to give up smoking, in case you indulge in the same on a regular basis.
Recovery: After the procedure, you will need to keep plenty of ice on hand so that you may apply the same to bring down the pain and bruising. There will be some amount of redness that you may experience for a few days and weeks as well. The cosmetic surgeon may also prescribe some medicated ointments for application to the incisions. You will also have to keep your head elevated with the use of pillows so that you can recover faster. Also, your doctor will instruct you on how best you can change your bandages at home.
Make up: After a brow lift, you may want to use some amount of makeup to cover up the bruising and redness. Yet, you should stay away from these harsh chemicals and too many layers of makeup in order to, give your skin enough time to recover. A light powder will be sufficient to cover up the bruises and keep your skin comfortable. Use make up only a few weeks after the surgery.