Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran AshokYour feedback matters!
What to do a 19 or 20 year girl to be fit and fine And what should be her proper weight.Please tell.
Sir my periods are not regular. This month I suffered from two periods. What are the possible causes.
My wife last periods is may 26 after that we under gox unprotected sex. She missed the period for next month. Pregnancy home kit shows positive. So she taken unwanted kit on june 8. She get bleeding for till now. If any chance of pregnancy continues. How long the bleeding continues, how to stop the bleeding.
Pregnancy is a very special time in a woman's life when there is an added focus to take care of yourself and your unborn child. The adage 'you are what you eat' takes on a whole new meaning during this period as it becomes the soon to be mother's responsibility to pack in extra nutrition to nourish her growing bump. Doctors often add in a dose of vitamins to ensure that the both mother and child are well nourished. But beyond that, the food choices you make will maintain a healthy weight gain for you and your baby and eventually even help when you want to shed the extra weight after your child is born.
Here are some tips to have a perfect diet during your pregnancy
- Load up on the good stuff: Even if you've always been eating healthy, it is time to crank things up a notch and include more proteins, vitamins, minerals especially folic acid and iron and some extra calories for energy and increase it as you progress in your pregnancy. But eating to get more nutrients doesn't have to mean eating more in general. If you are already at a healthy weight, then you don't need extra calories in the first trimester. In the second trimester, you need about 340 extra calories a day and about 450 extra calories a day in the third trimester. The numbers will change if you are underweight or overweight.
- Say no to some: During pregnancy, give a skip to food items like raw seafood and undercooked meat and poultry. This could lead to potentially dangerous infections. Other foods to steer clear from include unpasteurized milk and soft cheese. All of these are possible sources of bacteria that can be harmful to an unborn child. It is always good to give your fruits and veggies a good extra wash, as always. Try to avoid the known culprits like popular local fruits that may be laden with artificial ripeners. Also avoid food with excess oil or preservatives. You will also have to say a complete no to alcohol or smoking during this period. While most sites suggest that you also ditch your caffeine fix, you can best keep it less than 200 mg or 12 ounces in a day. Stick to decaffeinated tea and sodas when possible. Some other foods that have to be avoided during pregnancy are packaged food, cold drinks, preserved food items as they contain preservatives, which are harmful. Also, chinese food should be avoided as it contains monosodium glutamate, which is again harmful due to teratogenic chemical.
- Diet a big no: Another big no during pregnancy is dieting or controlling the intake of food to lose weight. Pregnancy is the time you actually, for once, get to legally gain weight and be happy about. Don't mess up your natural system with forced diets.
- Keep the food coming: Pregnancy is the time for food craving at all odd hours and the time to give into them without an ounce of guilt! If you are dealing with nausea and food aversion, try to stick to small meals throughout the day. Replace the chips with carrot sticks and the pizza slice with soup. If that sweet tooth starts acting up, give it a frozen fruit dessert or shake.
Is there any test to check the mental state of child during pregnancy and if yes then what arw the tests and in which period one have to go through that.
I and my partner were basically rubbing each other's genitals against each other for a while and we weren't planning on having sex. Although his head got into my hole for just a second or so. I pushed him immediately since I didn't feel right. 2. A) He did not cum. B) We aren't sure if there was pre cum. He had urinated several times before this by the way. And last ejaculation was more than 16 hours before so I think less chances of sperm presence as well. 3. I am just really worried. Could this lead to pregnancy? I have been freaking out. My last period was from 24th July to 5th August. This took place on the 9th. Since I'm so stressed my period might delay as well. I am unable to figure anything out. Please help. I repeat, contact of the head or tip of the penis with the vaginal hole was less than 2 seconds.
I am not getting pregnant for nine months. I have a baby about five years. My all reports are normal only AMH is in satisfactory range. Please guide me. My period is irregular, what shall I do? Please advice.
Brief knowledge about causes of PCOS
I'm Dr. Sunita Gupta. I'm Consultant Gynecologist at Max Hospitals, Saket, and Panchsheel. Today I'm going to talk about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome consists of three symptoms. One is Anovulation. Anovulation means there is no egg formulation in the ovary. Second is Hyperandrogenism which an is excess of male hormones in the body, and third is Cyst in the body which is visible in the ultrasound. So the main symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome are obesity. Most of the patients of Polycystic ovary have obesity. Obesity worsens the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and it is a vicious cycle and Polycystic Ovarian people have more obesity because what happens is that the female hormones get deposited in the fat and that's why there is deficiency of female hormone in blood of Polycystic patients and all that's why the male hormones starts dominating the system and all the male symptoms start appearing like acne, hair on the face or on he body, excessive hair on the body, irregular cycles. So, obesity is the main culprit in the patients. So, if they lose weight then all the symptoms regress because the hormone in the fat goes back to the blood and all the hormonal imbalance gets corrected and all the acne and facial hair everything will disappear.
Second thing is acne which is very common in Polycystic Ovarian patients. So many times patient go to a skin specialist for acne treatment and then they discover they have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. So for acne is again because of male hormones in the blood and sometimes it a response to local applications which the skin specialist gives to them. But sometimes they need to take hormonal treatment. We give the oral contraceptive pills to these patients for correcting the acne. Basically the oral contraceptive pills have perfect combination of female hormones which your body, ovary should be producing. But the in case of Polycystic ovaries the ovary is producing more of male hormones, little bit more male hormones.
So once we give pills from outside the body gets the signal that there are enough hormone in the blood and there is no need to make any more hormone. So the ovaries stops working and the male hormones also stop getting formed and all the symptom then gets regressed till the patient is on he pills. Once the patients stops the pills again the ovaries take over, again the male hormone starts getting formed by the ovaries and again the symptoms may slowly appear. So once the patient has been kept on OCPs for 6 months she may become alright for 1-2 years and again the symptoms may come back.
So Polycystic Ovary disease is a not disease which can be cured by a 6 months treatment or a one week treatment like any fever or antibiotic you give and the patient becomes alright. This is a lifestyle disease which is going to be there for the rest of your life. You can keep it under control by having a healthy lifestyle or maybe taking some medication if required or you if let it go if you allow yourself to gain weight then it can become worse and get out of hand.
If you want to know anything more about PCOS you can contact me on Librate.com or Max hospital, Sanket and Panchsheel.
Hi wife didn't got periods which were due on 20th of last month now our gynac have prescribed duoluton I so she will get her periods . After which we will plan for baby. Just wanted to have 2nd opinion on thus. Thanks.
I am 29 years old and completed 7 years of marriage. Since last 3 months I am trying for pregnancy but could not conceive. Then I went to the Dr. on 10/4/16 for consultation. He prescribed me clomiphene tab and fertova tab. I started it on 10/4/16 please suggest me when should I do sexual relation after 5 days of doses climiphene? What will be the ovulation period after taking this tab?
Hello sir, my name is ankur singh and I live in patna, I am 25 year old. I want a solution for diabetes. Its a old age problem ya its touch in young period. So can you suggest me something around this topic. Thank you.
Mera wife pregnant h and y uska dusra mahina h.me y jan na chahta hu k him abhi sex ker skte h ya ni. And mujhe uska aur kya dhyan rkhna chahiye.
The theory behind the anti-calorie diet is that they contain a negligible amount of calories. The body spends more calories in digesting them than their combined calorie value of the diet. Whether or not it is a true statement, it is pretty evident that the following food items have scant calorie value and will not even put a dent in your daily diet:
- Celery: A hundred grams serving of celery contains 16 calories. The water content of this food is close to 90 percent. The stringy covering only holds the water content inside. As such the body spends much more energy in digesting this food. Celery, therefore, is a perfect definition of anti-calorie food.
- Cabbage: Cabbage is a great vegetable that helps in preventing cardiovascular diseases and cancer. The count of calorie is extremely less in cabbage. The body can digest it without any additional effort. It’s filling nature addresses hunger while making sure that the body digests it easily. It is estimated that 100 grams of cabbage contain only 20 calories.
- Cucumber: Cucumber has close to 95 percent of water content. Being light weight and less filling, this food can be consumed until one is full. This is perhaps the reason why cucumber finds a place in almost every salad along with other low-calorie fruits and vegetables. 100 grams of cucumber contains mere 16 calories, making it the ideal anti-calorie food.
- Mushroom: Mushrooms are a great replacement for high-calorie foods. A mere 22 calories in a 100-gram serving makes them an ideal item to be a part of the anti-calorie diet. The fungi presents in mushrooms are not only good for health, but is extremely light weight. It can be consumed along with other food items as a side dish or in the form of soup.
- Watermelon: Despite its sweet nature, watermelon has a surprisingly low-calorie count. Apart from being extremely light weight, watermelon can be easily digested and has antioxidant properties. A 100 gram serving of watermelon has only 30 calories. This, however, should not be taken daily, if you are very health conscious.
- Tomatoes: The red tomatoes are one of the healthiest foods that are easily available. It can prevent serious diseases such as cancer and heart blockages. A calorie count of 17 makes it a great fruit to be included in the anti-calorie diet.
- Lemons: Although lemon has a calorie count of 30, it can be included in the anti-calorie diet to ensure a different flavor in your diet. It can be consumed in the form of juice to finish your meal or start a day. Its vitamin C content is extremely beneficial for the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Do the frequent changes in the season really affect your body and food habits?
A big YES!
Selection of appropriate food according to seasonal change is very important for staying healthy. In modern times, most fresh fruits and veggies are available round the year, however, the nutritional content is much less in the non-seasonal fruits and vegetables. An update of your eating habits consistently is a must to stimulate energy level of your body.
Here are some key dietary behaviors that must be considered while choosing the perfect diet plan for different seasons-
- Cherish the novelty of Spring
In spring, the green leafy vegetables with their fresh, tender leaves represent the arrival of the new season. These must be added to your menu that must include such lettuce, parsley, spinach, basil and fruits like strawberries, apricot, blueberries, peaches, and cherries etc. Try to consume less amount of salt in this season.
- Take Delight in the cool squash of Summer
Due to excessive heat in the summers, it is recommended to adhere to the watery, cool and light diet. Include seasonal fruits like watermelon, plums, melons, cherries, vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumber, mint etc in your regular diet. Restore your energy with cool, refreshing drinks such as fresh juices, coconut water, milk shakes etc. Drink lots and lots of water during the summers.
- Relish the freshness of Raindrops
The Monsoon season comes with lots of lip smacking food items. In this season, many people face dyspepsia problems so pick up foods that are easily digestible. Avoid consumption of watery foods, heavy meals, meat and fish. Eat gram flour, brown rice, barley, corn, oats, garlic, ginger, turmeric, yogurt and fruits like pomegranate and apple.
- Savor the crisp sunshine of Autumn
Consumption of warm harvest food products is appropriate for this season. Veggies like onion, fenugreek, garlic, pumpkin and fruits such as banana, pears, apple, cranberries work well in this season. Spices, nuts and seasonings like cinnamon, mustard seeds, walnuts, and peppercorns are a must in the autumn months.
- Enjoy the warmness of Winter season
As soon as the cold winter seeps in, you must eat warm nutritional foods. In the winter months, the guiding principle is that the foods that are slow to grow are more warming than the ones that grow rather quickly. This means you can take foods like lamb, fish and chicken and root vegetables like onion, garlic, potato and carrots. You can also take sesame, corn, fenugreek and milk products that are good sources of nutrition.
In short just 'Eat by the season' to stay healthy! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Is it possible to decrease the size of boobs And if any medicine or Ayurvedic medicine so tell me the name Some body needs help.
Iam female 42 yrd old iam suffering with bone pains, periods coming regular with less bleed, knees pain even I climb four steps also, now from one week tendays iam suffer ing with itching on body full body its very irritating.
Pneumonia is a type of lung infection that may affect one or both lungs. In this condition the air sacs, also known as alveoli, fill with pus or fluid, which makes it difficult to breathe. Moreover, pneumonia is known to cause inflammation in the air sacs. This disease may range from mild to life threatening and the severity depends on cause of inflammation, the organism fostering your infection, your age and general health.
Most common symptoms associated with the condition are:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shaking chills
- Rapid heartbeat
- Rapid breathing
- Dry cough
- Muscle aches
- Bluish skin tone due to oxygen deficiency
- Blood in sputum that is coughed up mucus
- Labored breathing
- High fever
- Bacteria: One of the most common causes of pneumonia is the bacteria named as Streptococcus pneumoniae. This type of pneumonia may occur after you have had flu or a cold or maybe even on its own. Moreover, it may affect only one part of the lung i.e. the lobe and is also known as lobar pneumonia.
- Viruses: Viruses are one of the main reasons why children below 5 years of age suffer from pneumonia. Viruses that cause pneumonia may also cause cold or flu. Viral pneumonia is usually mild and may be treated at home itself. However, in some cases, it may be very severe and life-threatening.
- Mycoplasmas: Mycoplasma is a type of bacteria that doesn't have a cell wall around the cell membrane which is why they are usually unaffected by most antibiotics which target cell wall synthesis. The symptoms of pneumonia caused by mycoplasmas are mild and the patient does not require bed rest. This type of pneumonia is known as 'Walking Pneumonia'.
- Fungi: People with weakened immune systems or chronic health problems usually develop pneumonia due to fungi. You may also develop fungal pneumonia by inhaling large doses of it mainly found in soil or bird droppings.