Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My mother 63 years taking Nebicard-5 and Amlong-2.5 for hyper tension. Now she wants to undergo for tooth root canal treatment. Can she take the RCT using the above medicine.
Periodontitis is a serious gum infection that damages the soft tissue and destroys the bone that supports your teeth. Periodontitis can cause tooth loss or worse, an increased risk of heart attack or stroke and other serious health problems.
Periodontitis is common but largely preventable. Periodontitis is usually the result of poor oral hygiene. Brushing at least twice a day, flossing daily and getting regular dental checkups can greatly reduce your chance of developing periodontitis.
In most cases, periodontitis is preventable. It is usually caused by poor dental hygiene.
Signs and Symptoms of Periodontitis
- Swollen gums
- Bright red or purplish gums
- Gums that feel tender when touched
- Gums that pull away from your teeth (recede), making your teeth look longer than normal
- New spaces developing between your teeth
- Pus between your teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Bad taste in your mouth
- Loose teeth
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
Factors that can increase your risk of periodontitis include:
- Poor oral health habits
- Tobacco use
- Older age
- Decreased immunity, such as that occurring with leukemia, HIV/AIDS or chemotherapy
- Poor nutrition
- Certain medications
- Hormonal changes, such as those related to pregnancy or menopause
- Substance abuse
- Poor-fitting dental restorations
- Problems with the way your teeth fit together when biting
If periodontitis isn't advanced, treatment may involve less invasive procedures, including:
- Scaling. Scaling removes tartar and bacteria from your tooth surfaces and beneath your gums.
- Root Planing. Root planing smoothes the root surfaces, discouraging further buildup of tartar and bacterial endotoxin.
- Antibiotics. Your periodontist or dentist may recommend using topical or oral antibiotics to help control bacterial infection.
If you have advanced periodontitis, your gum tissue may not respond to non-surgical treatments and good oral hygiene. In that case, periodontitis treatment may require dental surgery, such as:
- Flap surgery (pocket reduction surgery): The healthcare professional performs flap surgery to remove calculus in deep pockets, or to reduce the pocket so that keeping it clean is easier. The gums are lifted back and the tartar is removed. The gums are then sutured back into place so they fit closely to the tooth. After surgery, the gums will heal and high tightly around the tooth. In some cases the teeth may eventually seem longer than they used to.
- Bone and tissue grafts: This procedure helps regenerate bone or gum tissue that has been destroyed. With bone grafting, new natural or synthetic bone is placed where bone was lost, promoting bone growth.
In a procedure called 'guided tissue regeneration', a small piece of mesh-like material is inserted between the gum tissue and bone. This stops the gum from growing into bone space, giving the bone and connective tissue a chance to regrow.
The dentist may also use special proteins (growth factors) that help the body regrow bone naturally.
I have a yellow teeth I used many variety toothpaste bt I can't remove the yellow ness of teeth what should I do.
I have been smoking for 3 years. On a daily basis I used smoke 1 or 2 cigarettes. Fortunately I have quit now. It has been 2 months since I quit. I can see a group of very small ulcers adjacent to one another inside my mouth which don't pain and are there from 3 weeks. At the same time I had 4-5 normal mouth ulcers that have healed but these small ones are not healing. So my ques is that is it possible for me to have mouth cancer? Or I already have it? And what's the cure, precaution and remedies?
I had cavity in my molar I dentist removed that and suggested for root canal but now he is saying the tooth can't be saved because it is damaged badly and he is saying to remove it and to affix an artificial tooth I have 32 teeth in my mouth what I do now is this safe to affix an artificial tooth or should I stay without a molar tooth.
When I was much younger I had braces twice to correct my overbite. The orthodontist recommended orthognathic surgery, but my parents felt I was too young and I was too young to make my own decision. Now I am 23 years old and am unhappy with my overbite. I am seriously considering orthognathic surgery but I do not want to have braces again. I had them for 7 years and do not want them. Is it possible to have the surgery without braces?
Hi Im patient of ulcerative colitis having wysolone 10 g decreasing now having sever tooth ache can not have antibiotics or brufen can I have do dt without any issue or side effects please reply I will have RCT after my steroids are over Thx.
Hello Doctor i have teeth problem as usual a little bleeding in the morning while brushing the teeth and a little awkward smell as well what should i do? please give me the solutions
Hello sir/mam I am suffering from ulcers problem in my mouth from a long time 7-8 years and I was also consulted with the doctor but still there are no relief. Every doc. Says problem in your stomachs and suggest me to change daily routine ,but after change routine not relief yet. I have also completely stop eating samosa kachori and other items which is made by maida but ulcer are continually increasing in my mouth ek cheek hota h to do or ho jaye h. And sbhi doc. Bolte h path kharab h but path to cheek rehta h and ulcer problem mujhe bahut time se h to itna lamba path to nahi reh sakta kabhi kabhi rehta h.so please suggest me what I do for complete relief bcoz bahut pain hota h and abhi me student hu but next year mujhe job bhe karna h to bahut problem hogi so please suggest me something different to other doc .bcoz sbhi doc. Ek he bat blood h.
Mujhe 3-4 mahine se ek muh ke chale(ulcer) ka problem face hota h. Iske kiye kya upauy krna chahiye. Aur 8 10 day tak rheta h?
Aim the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle towards the gum line.
Use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
Use a gentle circular motion.
Repeat on the inside surfaces.
Use a light back and forth motion on the chewing surfaces.
Spit out the toothpaste after brushing.
You do not need to rinse, as the small amount of fluoridated toothpaste left in your mouth after spitting continues to protect against tooth decay.
Electric toothbrushes also do a
good job of cleaning teeth.