Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Keshav MurthyYour feedback matters!
My mother is a multiple myeloma patient and is not taking any medicines now after 3 years of VAD treatment and regular checkup. She complains of twisting and tightness in toes and finger joints nowadays. I think it's side effect of chemo that was done. Any suggestions?
I got this 2 fractures 1 month Back when I fell down, it was paining still, got plaster on second day of fracture, how many days it will pain? Will the pain remain forever. In future? I'm worried please reply.
I am 45 years old and suffering with backache since 10 years but not continuously but recently my problem has crossed its limit as I was unable to move my body an inch at least. After an doctor visit, he answered there is a problem with x ray. The tiny anterior marginal osteophytes are seen at C6-C7 vertebral bodies. Also in addition to it small anterior marginal osteophytes are seen at l3-L5 vertebral bodies. What can I do to may my pain low and help me out in curing myself.
Im 19 years old ! I'm more into sports and sometimes when I play my shoulder gets jerked and I suffer from unbearable pain . So whom should I consult ? and according to you what has happened to the shoulder?
Due to what reason under foot nervous are getting irritation by night time when I going to sleep and hands (palm) also getting irritation sensation.
I am 74 yrs old while sitting on chair or by downing legs anywhere, I got swelling on lower portion off both legs. Is there anyh remediy. I take aquadize tab, but sometime it is normal, again it deveelopes.
I am pain in my legs & back. I cann't hold the heavy wait. I have taken several medicine but I don't get a relief.
My friend develops rapid swelling and edema after minor trauma. E.g. Pinch, scratches, nail marks. What is the cause?
My left knee is paining from two days. I didn't get hurt still its happening. so please tell me any solution.
I have really very back pain on my neck in after long years I have done lots of treatments but diet get released do not know what I doing plzzz suggest me dr.
About 2 year ago he have body joint pain then he take medicine regularly today's. Than one year ago he have other problem like eye dryness and mouth dryness .than we consult a eye specialist than he suggest a physician .we consult my city physician physician take many test but no result .we counsel Jaipur physician also. But no result .many doctor suggestions take high consultant like aims Delhi. We dispose many rupees but no solution found . What is this doses.
Polio is a virus that has the potential to infect any parts of the body including, but not limited to nerves and muscles. Primarily there are 3 types of polio namely, non-paralytic, spinal paralytic and bulbar. This disease shows minimal to no symptoms in more than 90 percent of the cases. 5 percent of the cases can show symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat and abdominal pain. Polio is a communicable disease and can cause massive damage if a proper dosage is not taken. It can spread through air, physical contact with an infected person, coughs etc.
- Polio can cause paralysis: Polio has a far-reaching permanent effect on the body. It can cause paralysis on any of the limbs leading to permanent disability. This severely alters a child’s life. The far-reaching consequences of the virus can only be negated through vaccination.
- Weak muscle: Polio can result in weak muscles, respiratory problems and loss of reflex. If the breathing muscle collapses, it can result in the death of a person. Any of the above-mentioned symptoms can lead to weak body development altering the fate of a child.
- It can spread fast and quick: Polio spreads very fast through the air, physical contact, saliva and water. It not only affects a single life but put millions at risk of the disease. A 1916 outbreak of the disease killed 6000 people in the United States and left several thousands of people disabled.
- It reduces the risk of infection: 3 dosages Polio vaccination under the age of 6 can save a baby from getting polio in future. The body successfully creates polio antibodies from the vaccines and gets enough ammunition to fight it if the virus attacks it in future.
- Social responsibility: Massive amount of awareness campaigns have been run by countries all over the world to permanently eradicate polio from the face of the earth. As per the latest reports, only 3 countries are reported to have babies affected with polio; Afghanistan, Pakistan and Congo. It is, therefore, a social responsibility to take part in the mission of removing polio from the face of the earth once and for all.
- Save future generation: Although polio is not known to be a disease which passes through heredity, there still lies a chance for the future generation to get this disease. In order to negate that from happening, it makes sense to get the vaccines on time.
- Give your kid a head start: Every kid deserves to have an equal amount of privileges like others. One small mistake on part of the parents can heavily cost a child’s future. In order to make sure your kids grow up with any apprehension of polio, it is very important to treat them with polio vaccines.
I have a desk job and most of the time sitting in front of the computer. For the last 20 days I am experiencing severe pain in the neck. It is radiating from both sides of the neck and during the course of the day spreading to the head. I checked for my pressure which stated 60/100. I am 46 years old. I never had pressure related problems as I check it regularly. I have diabetic tendency and is under medication (Glycomet 500 SR) once daily. Please suggest
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed, which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips, which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery:
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip, which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain: This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity: When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities: This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep: Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase: Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems: As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again.
Related Tip: "5 Common Causes of Hip Pain in Women"