Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Keshav MurthyYour feedback matters!
My sister's (age 35, married) one leg swelling since 20 days and she consulted from General Physician he has given medicine but there is no relaxation yet. One more thing which I would like to tell before swelling she felt some pain in stomach as per she (but as per me this might be pain in kidney as she tell me the location) she also have Sugar 200 to 250 up and down. Please suggest which field of doctor will treat this problem ..?
Jab main bait kar thodi der bad uthta hun to Mere dono gutno ke piche bohat dard hota hai, aur sidhe pair ki edyi me bohat dard rehta hai. Ye kaise theek hoga?
From past 4-5 days, there is slight pain in my left arm. I also feel numbness in my left leg's toes along with slight pain. Please tell me what can be the cause.
Doctor whenever I try stretch my arms it hurts a lot. I am not able to flex my arm for normal work also. What should I do?
I am having intense pain in foot and area of right leg between the knee and ankle as I walk. I think this was caused as I started running on hard ground since past few days. Earlier I used to run on much softer and grassy ground so I didn't felt this kinda pain. I am worried about it. So, can you please share some tips which can help me to relieve the pain?
I suffering by fibromyalgia from 20 years. Heavy mind related and many abnormal Symptoms. Mainly problem lumber disc Area. That area spinal cord twisted and back Spasm, upper back, neck, leg pain, arms, solders And mouth, teeth, eyelids problems.
I have two bulging discs at l5-s1 and l4-l5. Since I found out after a mri, I did two" cycles" of igf-1 lr3. It did result in a lot of relief, with pain gone in 2 weeks. After that, i've been on a ghrp/ghrh cycle to increase my gh. How will it affect my back, and is there any chance to stopping the cell apoptosis occurring in ddd due to gh?
Bone loss is a silent condition that occurs over the years as you age. It is a condition when the bones become weak and fragile. Many people may not even know that that they are suffering bone loss until it leads to serious conditions such as Osteoporosis. Bone loss resulting in osteoporosis is more in women than men. It is estimated that one of every three women above 50 years suffers from osteoporosis related fracture.
What causes bone loss?
Bones are made of minerals, calcium, and phosphate. Bones are being constantly destroyed and refoemed within the body. As long as your body balances the process, your bones stay strong and healthy. However when the bone decay out grows the bone formation process, bone loss and a host of other problems occur. Some of the common causes bone loss are:
- With growing age, the body starts to reabsorb phosphate and calcium instead of keeping it in the bones. This makes the bones weak. When the process continues for a long time, it leads to osteoporosis.
- If your diet doesnot contain high calcium foods, then your bones donot get enough calcium.
- Smoking and drinking can make your bones weak.
- Medical conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, chronic kidney disease can cause bone loss.
- Sometimes medicines can also result in bone loss.
What are the symptoms of bone loss?
- Receding gums: Our teeth are connected to the jaw bone and if the jaw starts losing bone then it causes receding of gums. Loss of jaw bone is linked to lower bone mineral density.
- Decreased grip strength: Hand grips strength decreases due to low bone density.
- Weak and brittle fingernails: You may find your fingernails have become weak and brittle.
- Cramps, muscle pain, and joint ache: Pain in muscles and joints are an important indicator of vitamin D deficiency, which is a vital component for healthy bones. Cramps in legs and foot at night are an indicator of deficiency of potassium and calcium in the bones.
- Height loss: This is a common problem that comes with age. But there are other factors that lead to height loss such as poor posture and fractured vertebra. Poor posture can cause bone loss.
- Overall low fitness: If you notice that your overall fitness has declined which includes your balance, muscle strength then you may be suffering from bone loss.
Can homeopathy treat osteoporosis?
Homeopathy has the most effective and holistic approach to treat osteoporosis. Homeopathy doesn’t intend to cure bone loss, instead, it tries to treat the underlying health condition that leads to osteoporosis. Consult a homeopath online. Some of the important homeopathy remedies are:
- Calcaria Phos: It is a very effective remedy for osteoporosis It helps in increasing the absorption of calcium from the food. It is a bone builder and creates new cells.
- Calcaria Iod: This is a great remedy to treat loss of bones as well as loss of muscles and fat.
- Alendronate: Alendronate is given to patients suffering from osteoporosis which is caused by steroid treatment. It reduces the release of calcium from the bones to the blood.
- Calcitonin - Salmon: Calcitonin-Salmon is a man-made hormone used to treat osteoporosis.