Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KempannaYour feedback matters!
My son is 7 year old mostly he has a stomach pain, it has from last 2 years every 2 or 3 month we have completed the tests & ultrasound but its ok, when he asking about the same time he suffering with fever can you tell me a permanent solution of this ?
Hello, my son is 2 years old and when he was born his complexion was too fair but day by day he keeps getting dark, not too much but lower than earlier. What could be the possible reason for that and what should I do to regain the same? please advice. Thanks.
Dear sir, I am 25 years old mother. I am having 2 years old daughter, she is not ready to eat food like dal-bhat and chapati. She eats with her mood. For health we are normally soaking 2 almonds at hall night and in the morning we are pealing almonds with milk and boiling the same until almonds get mixed very well. Twice in a week we are doing this. But is this ohk in this summer weather? Because of hot weather should we need to stop or having no problem. Please let me know doctor.
My son, 9 years old is having cough only in the nights for the past 2 days. He is coughing and then vommitting. I have given him" levolin" for his cough. He has not improved much. I
My daughter (2 year 5 months) is suffering from occasional fever abt 100-101 degree F (sometimes 102) from the last 5 days accompanied by severe coughing. She is coughing her lungs out due to which whatever she is taking be it medicine, water is vomited out. Moreover she is not eating anything for the past 3 days. Her water intake has reduced considerably. She had two biscuits dissolved in little water and 3ounces of Horlicks in the morning at an interval of 2 hrs. Also today I noticed her stool to be watery which was not earlier. In the late afternoon gave 3 ounces of horlicks. She is not willing to have any solid food. Her urine has also reduced and it is deep yellow. She is been advised 3 types of cough syrups as Alex Junior, Levolin, Laveta M P125 and an anti-biotic Crixan. Please help me as I am really worried about her health. Thanks,
The newborn are often extremely susceptible to fatal diseases and the first few months of the infant's life calls for uncompromised care and vigilance. One of the most precarious diseases afflicting the newborn babies are chronic lung disorders. This condition mainly emanates from a damage to the lung tissue, which results in breathing troubles. Under such circumstances, the lung may collapse, being filled with fluids and end up oozing out harmful mucus. While a severe form of such lung diseases may often result in the death of the infant, in most cases the infants outgrow the disease and with proper care, grow up to lead a healthy life.
Most chronic lung diseases in infants are congenital and are spurred by a variety of causes:
- Premature delivery: Chronic lung diseases are recurrent in babies born prematurely, i.e. before the lapse of at least 26 weeks of gestation age. Underweight infants also run the risk of suffering from this ailment. The lungs are not able to develop fully in such situations as a result of which they become prone to respiratory distresses. Another allied trigger to Chronic Lung Disease is the use of ventilation on the premature babies. The forced breathing and imposed oxygen levels induced by ventilators often impair normal lung functions in babies.
- Fluids in the lungs: Certain babies are either born with or develop a condition where fluids accumulate in the lungs. This inflicts a lot of damage to the lungs and leads to such diseases.
- Respiratory Infections: Some babies are likely to acquire lung infections from certain disease causing viruses. This largely handicaps the normal lung functions.
- Heart conditions: Abnormal blood circulation in the heart also stimulates lung diseases in newborns. If the heart is unable to regulate the flow of blood to the lungs properly, then the chances of such diseases increase by leaps and bounds.
- Inhaling harmful foreign materials: Certain particles often affect the health of the lungs tremendously. Exposure to meconium during delivery might result in the inflammations that potentially injure the lung tissues.
- Nutrition deficiencies: If an infant's body lacks vital nutrients, it may result in a condition of malnutrition. Lack of vitamin A may cause chronic lung diseases.
Chronic Lung Diseases are usually recoverable with early detection and appropriate treatment. However, one needs to meticulously cater to the health needs of the baby, in order to ensure complete recovery and avert recurrence.