Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Keerthi PatelYour feedback matters!
I've never touched a cigarette. Then to my lips are black. Is it related with my childhood as I use to lick my lips and use cover them with Slavia. If yes how can I cure it.
Hi, wanted to check and know 1) how effective is CAMPHOR in treating Baldness/Hair thinning? 2) If yes, Which Camphor is effective in usage Synthetic camphor (easily available for pooja, etc) OR Natural /edible (Pachha karpoora). 3) How should it be used? Mixed with any other oil? How frequently should it be used? 4) what precautions should be taken? Looking for your guidance in treating baldness. Thanks.
I am having hair fall problem. I shifted to Bangalore from jharkhand. It has been approximately 3 months and I am losing lots of hair. What can I do to stop this?
I am suffering from ringworm since last 2 months. I have applied some ointments like Surfaz SN. Quadriderm.Texifen etc but result isn`t satisfactory. What I do now?
I am a 25year old male. I have a recurrent problem of pimples and when it goes it leaves a mark or spot on my face. Please suggest measures to get rid of pimples and its remaining marks.
Reapply your sunscreen every two to three hours you’re outdoors.
Don't smoke -- for the sake of your overall health as well as your appearance..
I can confidently say that homeopathic remedies for clear and glowing skin are totally free from any side effects and are extremely effective in treating this problem. The medicines used are all natural and, thus, free from any harmful components.
As the condition has arisen due to a disturbance in the internal balance of the body and not due to any external factor, the medicine too must work from inside to clear the skin. This result is gained through homeopathic remedies which raise the inner vitality of the person and throw out any noxious agent in the body which may be the cause behind dull and discoloured skin. The result—fair, clear and glowing skin is regained.consult for homoepathic treatment-Dr rushali angchekar
Vaibhavi homoe clinic
I have problem in hair. It falling in small circle hair in my head. And before my hair is very good but in one months falling hair.
My face always seems dull . I am working in airlines , grooming is more important . But because of this I am facing many problem.
I hv acne holes on my face, can I apply dettol directly on face. If not then any other solution to remove the acne holes.
Hey I have pimples in my face. I'm male age-18 years. I tried too many medicines but none are ever worked.
I think there is some rashes/skin reaction or anything else come on my face. Also there is small pimple comes on my face. please give some advice.
I have hair fall . I have used many shampoos but no effect on my hair it still falls. Wat else I can do to stop my hair fall ?
Sir tell me that how long did I take isotretinoin capsules and how long I apply clindamycin+tretinoin on skin.
hole sir my face make many pimple I take many medicine but I not solve my problem I take many tube but not remove my pimple so please help me and solve my problem.
How are these stretch marks formed? - The skin of the human body consists of three main layers ? 1) Epidermis (the outer layer), 2) Dermis (the middle layer), and 3) Hypodermic (the deepest and third layer)
When the connective tissue is stretched due to the expansion and contraction of skin, the stretch marks starts developing on the dermis or the middle layer of the skin. With the stretch in skin, the collagen gets weak, and the elastin fibres start tearing. Due to this, its normal production cycle gets damaged or interrupted. This results in the formation of fine scars under the epidermis or the top layer of the skin. Initially, they appear red or pink, but gradually, they turned into thin silvery line.
Causes - Stretch marks are not a disease, which infects the human body, but are the scars formed due to contraction and expansion of skin. They are basically caused by stretching of the skin. Their appearance depends on the type of skin. These ugly stretch marks are caused due to:
- The physical stretching of the skin at the end of pregnancy.
- Extraordinary weight gain, specially on arms, thighs, etc.
- Use of certain medications, including lotions, pills, Corticosteroid creams, and steroids.
- Genetic disorders
- Muscle building
- Hormonal changes during puberty
Symptoms - What are the signs of stretch marks? No one would ever like to have stretch marks on their skin. They commonly appear on the places where a large amount of fats is deposited. Some of the symptoms which help to recognize the development of stretch marks are as follows:
- The skin becomes pink, flattened and thin before the development of stretch marks.
- Development of red, pink, or purple lines on the skin.
- Affected area becomes soft in touch.
- At the initial phase, these lines appear wrinkly and somewhat raised.
- With the passage of time, these lines convert into silver or white in colour.
- They may also appear in patches of parallel lines.
- They appear as scar.
Home Remedies for Stretch Marks - It is natural that every woman will develop stretch marks at some point of time in her life. Although they are natural, but have truly ugly looks. Here are some quick home remedies for stretch marks, which will undoubtedly reduce or remove the scars from the affected area.
1) Honey - Honey is the best natural moisturizer. Skin gets extra hydrated and supple when honey is used as a lotion.
2) Lemon Juice - Lemon juice is other easy treatment for stretch marks. The acid present in lemon juice helps in reducing stretch marks, acne, skin injuries, and scars. Take out juice from some lemons. Massage it gently for 10 minutes in a circular motion on the stretch marks. Clean the affected area with warm water.
3) Carrot Puree - Mash some soft steamed carrots and make a paste, apply to stretch marks and let it sit for as long as possible then rinse with lukewarm water. (Caution: In lighter skin tones it may temporarily turn you orange)
4) Aloe Vera - Aloe vera is considered to be the most effective homeopathic remedy for stretch marks and various other skin problems. It is known for its healing and soothing properties. Apply aloe vera directly on the stretch marks. After a few minutes, clean it with lukewarm water.
5) Egg Whites - To get rid of stretch marks, egg whites are beneficial as they are rich in proteins and amino acid. Extract whites of two eggs. Whip it with the help of a fork. After washing the affected area with clean water, apply a thick layer of egg whites with the help of a brush. Let it dry completely and wash it off with cold water. After this, apply some olive oil to moisturize the skin. For two weeks, continue the process daily for better results.
6) Essential Oils - They contain moisturizing properties because of their viscosity. Oregano oil, grape seed oil, and sage oil have amazing antioxidant properties. Castor oil and jojoba oil can lighten dark spots.
If you have any more questions on this topic, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Almost each one of has had at least one recurring nightmare. A nightmare where we slowly or suddenly lose something very dear to us, this something is part of us, sometimes defining what we are. This something being hair! oh, you're lying if you haven't ever feared waking up one day to find yourself completely bald. Well, don't worry. Here are a few tips to keep the possible doomsday at bay:
1. Eat right ya!
Without strong foundation any building can fall, the same case applies to your luscious locks. If you don't provide right nutrition to your hair, they'll eventually fall. So, start eating and rightly so, for your hair too. Include a lot of food containing omega fatty 3 acids, this will make sure your hair remain strong and scalp doesn't go dry. What to have? flaxseeds, walnuts, salmon, soybeans.
2. Give stress a break!
Believe it or not, if everything's right- the diet, vitamins and nutrients intake, what can be the root cause of your hair less may be the big villain- stress. So, you need to find out the reason for your stress and eliminate that. Your stress is unique to you and you only need to find the perfect way to deal with it. Be positive- that's the first thing you can do to remain stress-free!
Everyone can practice meditation. With it, you are able to eliminate the entangled thoughts that crowd up your mind and cause stress by inducing hormonal imbalance. Meditation promotes your emotional and physical well-being including your hair's health!
Taking care of anything eventually preserves it and promotes it. True for hair too! give your hair some tender love and care. Fix a good cleaning regimen for hair, do not use harsh chemicals for coloring or styling your hair, and be gentle to your hair. Here are some more tips to take care of your hair to prevent them from falling off.
5. Avoid excessive heat
Avoid constant heating and drying procedures on your hair. Heat tends to weaken hair proteins leading to hair loss. Thus hair dryers, hot curlers, hot brushes, hair straighteners, hair fasteners etc. Should be used sparingly if at all.
6. Hot oil for the win
Listen to your nani's advice and bring out that bottle of oil. Take any natural oil - olive, coconut, canola - and heat it up so that it is warm, but not too hot. Massage it gently into your scalp. Put on a shower cap and leave it on for an hour, then shampoo your hair. This ensures your hair remains shiny and luscious.
7. Home remedies
Massaging your scalp for a few minutes daily will help stimulate circulation. Good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Circulation may be improved through massage by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base. Apply warm green tea (two bags brewed in one cup of water) on your scalp and leave this mixture on for an hour and then rinse. Green tea contains antioxidants, which prevent hair loss and boost hair growth.