Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KeerthiYour feedback matters!
The battle of supremacy between processed and whole foods has been raging on for quite some time now. Which is better? Which is more nutritional? The debate seems a never ending one. This article will tell you the benefits and drawbacks of both types of foods. It’s for you to decide which one is better for you and which isn't.
Processed foods are foods which have been altered in some way or the other to make them healthier, to make them taste better or for storage purposes. Almost every day to day food that you consume is processed. Some examples of processed foods include breakfast cereals, cheese, milks, soft drinks, bread etc.
Advantages of processed foods
Here are some advantages that you drive home from processed foods:
1. Processed foods like different types of jams and juices taste very good and last longer, making them a part of every household.
2. Processed fruits, vegetables and herbs, when stored in cans, tend to be free from bacteria and other harmful agents.
3. They are easy to purchase because they are available in all seasons
Disadvantages of processed foods
Processed foods have their own set of drawbacks. Here are some of them:
1. Some processed foods are genetically modified, which may cause a negative impact on your health.
2. Foods tend to lose their nutritional value when processed.
3. Foods that contain added sugar and fat can lead to a lot of health problems like diabetes, heart diseases and other cardiovascular problems.
Natural foods are those which don’t undergo any change in the form of added color, sugar or flavor. Natural foods go straight from vegetable farms and poultry farms to the market where you can purchase them.
Advantages of natural foods
Fresh fruits, vegetables or meat are categorized under natural foods, including a host of other foods as well which are not processed. Here are their advantages:
1. Natural foods are as nature intended them to be. They contain no added ingredients or flavor.
2. A diet comprising of natural foods keeps many diseases at bay.
3. Natural foods are free harmful flavor enhancers like MSG
4. Natural foods are rich in vitamins and minerals which are necessary for a healthy you.
Disadvantages of natural foods
There are not many disadvantages of natural foods apart from the facts that they are difficult to store, spoil after a certain period and are not available all year round. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hi doctor my husband ha so make a jaundice test recently he has 1.7 please tell it is any danger what should he eat or what not to eat and he also had diabetes please give me a good solution to us we r eagerly waiting for you r answer.
I am suffering from dryness on my skin since 4 weeks. What can I do to get rid of this kind of dryness.
I'm 26 male from kerala last few years i'm badly affected with bad breath. Actually I brushed 2 times per day.
I am 21 years old with height 169 kg and my weight is 53kg I want to gain some weight how is it possible.
Hello I am very weak for my age! My weight is also very less! Please give me some tips to improve my health!
As the aging population in our society continues to grow, new technologies and procedures promising a more youthful appearance are continuously sought. The utilization of radiofrequency technology remains a novel method for the treatment of many aesthetic and medical dermatological indications. Innovative applications are constantly identified, expanding treatment options for various patient concerns including aging of the hands, cellulite, non-invasive lipolysis, and postpartum skin laxity. Non-invasive treatments are ideal for busy patients seeking minimal recovery time and so called lunch-time procedures. Furthermore, new developments in treatment devices enhance efficacy while decreasing patient discomfort.
What is RF treatment?
Based on the scientific term Radiofrequency (RF), radiofrequency treatment is a non-surgical means of “reshaping” the body and the face from beneath the superficial layer of the skin. This method uses sophisticated devices specifically designed to treat men and women’s most common skin aging problems like wrinkles, excess fatty tissues, or cellulite. The method utilizes radiofrequency waves which is, basically, heat energy meant for tissue remodelling and production of elastin and new collagen.
Unlike invasive procedures which primarily affect the most superficial layers of the skin, the resulting heat of the Radiofrequency treatment works mainly on the deepest layer of the skin, the dermis, without affecting the upper layers that are above it such as the epidermis.
As heat is a stimulation that promotes contraction of the underlying tissues, especially at the dermis level, soft tissues found within that area of the body compress, realign, and even produce new collagen, a process that normally takes many months to complete. With healthy new collagen present from the deepest level of the skin, exposing such soft tissues to further Radiofrequency waves help sculpt and tighten those tissues into a more youthful and elastic surface.
Benefits of RF treatment
By now, you may already have an idea on how an RF treatment works with regards to aging problems common to both men and women. But how exactly does anyone experiencing treatment via RF benefits from it? Following are the benefits of RF treatment.
- Diminishes or Removes Cellulite
- Reduction of Body Fats
- Tightening of the Skin/Anti-aging
- Post-operative Liposuction Smoothing
- Contour Reshaping
Risks of RF treatment
While the discovery of the Radiofrequency treatment is one of the best things to happen for the skincare industry, it is not perfect. In fact, the treatment itself has its own risks which may be experienced by some clients who undergo this type of medical procedure.
Common side effects of RF treatment include:
- Redness on the skin
- Mild swelling
- Over sensitivity of treated area
- Sinking in of treated area
Who can NOT avail RF for skin tightening?
Basically, anyone can avail of this form of treatment with a few exceptions such as pregnant or breast-feeding mothers and those with serious heart diseases or patients with pacemakers.
Why should you Choose RF skin rejuvenation?
If you are looking for a safe, painless and a non-surgical form of treatment for skin tightening, then Radiofrequency is the way to go. The procedure does not involve surgery, re-positioning or cutting. In Radiofrequency treatment, the skin tightens due to the introduction of radio frequency energy into the skin. The process generates moderate electrical currents that cause a contraction of the collagen and reshape it, which results in the tightening of the skin. This treatment effectively tightens the dermis as well as the epidermis, while ensuring that your skin remains undamaged. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic surgeon.
I have skin problem but from few days my face colour becoming black can you suggest something to get fair face tone.
My wife, age 47, was sleeping yesterday. She had a dream that she had gone to the bathroom for urinating. Suddenly she felt like urinating and she checked and found that she actually had urinated on bed. She fears that it may happen again. Please help her come out of it and advice what should be done, so that it doesn't happen again.
My dad is 61 years old, weighing 92 kilos now. He had renal and gall stones 17 years back, got it operated to remove the kidney stone and had to remove the gall bladder itself. After that operation he is gaining weight gradually and his tummy is really big now. He is finding it difficult with his day to day activities. Please suggest if we could go for Liposuction to reduce the size of his tummy.
I want to ask some tips for healthy and fair skin during summer season and also ask for good food for skin and hairs.
I have started eating beetroot and I have seen that in next day I have urine of same colour as beetroot. I am passing pink red colour urine is it okay or is there any problem? Kindly help.
I have neck pain since 2 days, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Dizziness is usually described as variety of sensations, which comprise of a feeling of faintness, unsteady, weak, light headed, giddy or woozy. When dizziness causes a false feeling of spinning and the moving surroundings is known as vertigo.
Dizziness can be one of the most common reasons for a visit to the doctor. However, constant feeling of dizziness can affect a person's life drastically, but it is rarely life threatening. The treatment of dizzy sensation and dizziness mostly depends on the symptoms.
Causes of Dizziness
The common causes of dizziness are medication, motion sickness and ear problems, especially disturbances of the inner ear. An injury, infection or poor blood circulation can also lead to dizziness. The triggers of dizziness and the sensations it provides are used to evaluate the cause. Also, the duration of the dizziness and the symptoms lead to a clue towards the cause of the same.
Dizziness Caused by the Inner Ear Problems
The balance of the body depends on the combined effort of many parts of the sensory system. These are:
- Sensory Nerves: These send messages to the brain in regard to the body positions and its movements
- Inner Ear: The inner ear has the organ of corti which are responsible for detecting the motions and thereby help in the balance of the body.
In vertigo a person might feel that the things around them are moving, thus creating a swaying or a spinning motion. Vertigo is usually caused by the problems of the inner ear.
The common causes are:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), this happens when the calcium particles accumulate in the inner ear canals. The inner ear is responsible for the body movements and balance.
- Meniere's disease, a problem of the inner ear mainly caused by the build up of the fluids, thereby leading to a change in pressure. This causes vertigo along with hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Vestibular neuritis is the problem of the inner ear and is largely due to infection. Infection leads to swelling of the nerves of the inner ear which affect the body movements.
Treatment of Vertigo Includes:
- Rehabilitation of the vestibular system by physical therapy in order to strengthen it.
- Canalith repositioning by suggesting some body and head movements basically for BPPV. These movements help to move the calcium deposits from the inner ear canals to one of the chambers, which are further absorbed by the body. When the canaliths (calcium deposits) move, it might give rise to vertigo.
- Medicines are given to relieve symptoms of motion sickness and nausea. Antibiotics can be taken in case of infection and swelling.
- Surgery in some cases.