Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kc JanardhanYour feedback matters!
You often consume a much higher amount of sugar than you should actually, as it is widely present in a very high number of foods and beverages. Research suggests that this excessive sugar consumption may ultimately be very harmful for your health - and that it may badly harm your skin. Experts believe that too much intake of sugar can make your skin look wrinkled or dull, and also lead to a host of other skin-related disorders. Here are the ways in which excessive sugar consumption affects your skin:
- Causes inflammation: Inflammation, caused by excess sugar intake, can be really damaging for the body - especially because it negatively impacts your immune system, and may lead to frequent breakouts on the skins and increased chances of pimples or warts.
- Increases wrinkling: Sugar's inflammatory properties not only lead to breakouts on the skin, but also cause wrinkles. Collagen, which is essential for healthy, supple skin, is broken down by sugar, which makes the skin look dehydrated and dull, also increasing the chances of premature wrinkling.
- Causes imbalances in blood sugar level: Excessive sugar consumption causes irregularities in blood sugar levels by initially increasing sugar levels, which then reduces when insulin in released into your cells. It often ends up making you hungry, moody or shaky and increases stress levels leading to dull looking skin.
- Leads to occurrence of acne: Increased intake of sugar results in stimulation of hormone levels which raises sebum production and in turn affects growth of skin cells. This may be reason of acne. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
I have a skin problem from last 4-5 month. I want a treat ment from you. Can you help me to solve my problem.
I have an injury scar on my nose. It's been nearly six months and the scar doesn't disappear. I am currently using opexa gel. What should I do to get rid of the scar.
Hi, I am male 30 years old unmarried. I feel low energy and tiredness through the day. Mild pain in my legs and lower back. More ever whenever I experience a night fall I feel pain in my eyes and dark circles around my eyes Please suggest what should I do.
I have sensitive skin. My skin gets red patches around neck and on face in sun, after I bath and also when it gets in contact with anything. please provide me some home based remedy.
I am 28 years old my face is black I want fairness on my face what should I do for this I am very poor in financial.Please do help me.
Hello Dr. I am 41 male and for the last five year I am on medication for BPH and doing fine. Just few days back Dr. advised me for Ultrasound of Abdomen. Every thing comes out normal except it showed partially distended Urinary Bladder and but off course enlarged prostate. Also apart from Prostate and partially distended bladder there is something fatty infiltration of liver mentioned. My Dr. Says its OK and there is nothing to worry about. Kindly suggest.
More pigmentation on my sKin near finger nails and on my fore head this started slowly, I taken erzycot tablets and lowering pigmentation creams but they are not acting well, what should I take as medicines to get rid of hyperpigmentation.
I am 34 years my problem regarding skin. In my skin there is rashes in back left and right side of the body and granules like prickly heat. What should I do please suggest me.
Doctor I am 17+ years old suffering from pimples problem, rashes, dark spot on my face, I also have stomach problem, and digestion problem please advice me. Glad to you doctor.
I have taken medications for sunburn on my face which was cured but still marks are there. The burn part is slightly dark also it has pores. Suggest how to treat the burnt part.
I am a 28 years old single girl. My problem is my skin is so tanied. I take precaution also but not working please suggest me the best advise.
I am tan from head to leg but I want to look fair in six months. And my under arms are also black and some sort of smell comes from my under arms what should.
Dull skin may occur due to multiple reasons such as lifestyle factors and other environmental factors. It makes you look tired and older; this is due to the presence of dead cells on the skin which does not allow the light to reflect properly off your skin. Facials are very helpful in getting rid of dull skin by improving your complexion and circulation. It cleans the pores, removes dead cells, making you look your age, or even younger. Here are some facial treatments for various skin types:
- If oily skin is your woe: If you have oily skin, you can exfoliate your skin using an exfoliating jelly that contains vanilla and alginate (also known as alginic acid) that removes impurities, blackheads and whiteheads from your skin. You can also use a face mask that consists of clay and align (chemical extracted from brown seaweed) that helps in preserving the skin moisture and tightening the pores on your skin. The procedures help in getting rid of impurities and have a soothing effect on the skin as well.
- Fight dry skin: Dry skin problems such as wrinkles necessitate a hydrate and restore facial. This begins with an exfoliation to remove the dead cells from the topmost layer (epidermis) of the skin. Once the facial is complete, a massage cream is applied that helps in regenerating new skin cells. A vitamin C serum is then applied to make your skin supple and moisturized.
- For combination skin: If you are a person who has the worst of both worlds; dry and oily, then you should opt for a procedure that treats both at one go. A balancing facial that exfoliates the skin using ‘micro-dermabrasion’ (a procedure that involves spraying crystals with exfoliative properties on the face in order to eliminate dead cells of the epidermis) and using a serum to add nourishment to your skin can prove to be very effective. This procedure results in a healthy and radiant complexion.
- Skin that has been affected by the sun: For skin that has been affected by the sun, you can opt for a de-tan facial that will remove the dullness of your skin. Microdermabrasion is used to exfoliate the skin and then a de-tan process is done. Aloe Vera is used to soothe and moisturize the skin followed by application of a vitamin C serum. A face mask with applied to lighten the complexion of the skin. This is also applicable for skin that has been affected by pollution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.