Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Kavya J VYour feedback matters!
My mom is 65 years old. And weighs around 70kg, 5 feet tall. She is over weight as per bms. I am afraid she might be having heart problems bcoz of poor diet and no exercise. Mostly she is idle and watches tv. Some of my frnds parents had heart attacks. So I am worried of her, as she she takes rests and breathes after 100 meter walk. I want to check whether plaque or block is in her heart and possibilities of heart attack. Is it possible to check. If so what is the name of test and how frequent I mush take her for check up. Thank you.
Feeling pain in anus rectum while going for stool and its irritating what inhave to do. It seems like piles.
Iam 20 years old. I am having severe headache continuously these days. What can l do to cure this problem?
I am72 plus. I experience a burning sensation in my anal as well the urinary passage. Occasionally I get bouts of nausea also What will be the remedy?
I am 23 years old, my foot nails had become brown and thick please help me it looks very bad. How to deal with it?
Also called gluten-sensitive enteropathy and celiac sprue, celiac disease is an autoimmune digestive disorder, wherein the consumption of gluten-based foods leads to damage of the tissues that line the small intestine. This hinders the ability of your body to absorb the essential nutrients from the foods you eat.
Under normal conditions, the immune system of the body offers protection against external intruders. When individuals diagnosed with celiac disease consume gluten-based foods, gluten resistant antibodies are formed by the immune system. This causes them to attack the linings around the intestines, thus causing irritation in the digestive tract and harming the villi (hair-like structures on the covering of the small intestine which absorb nutrients from the food). This impairs the nutrient absorbing capacity of the individual, thus increasing chances of malnourishment.
Celiac disease has symptoms that vary from patient to patient. Some of the common symptoms include:
- A severe skin rash called dermatitis herpetiformis.
- Digestive problems such as:
- Musculoskeletal problems such as bone and joint pain as well as muscle cramps
- Aphthous ulcers which are basically sores occurring in the mouth
- Tingling sensation in the legs which are caused by low calcium and nerve damage
- Growth issues in children since they cannot absorb the required amount of nutrients
- Irregular menstrual cycles
Other complications associated with celiac disease
- Miscarriage or Infertility
- Osteoporosis. This is a disease which weakens the bones and causes fractures. It is caused because of a deficiency of Vitamin D and calcium.
- Intestinal Cancer
- Other birth defects: Such as irregular spinal shape because of the deficiency of certain nutrients, especially folic acid.
Hi Doctor, Whenever I pass urine few drops keep on trickling from my penis which is causing me lot of trouble. Please suggest what to do. I am gymming at the moment and I take nutrix (whey protein) post work out and BCAA during workout. Would that have any side effect.
Hi. Is whole wheat and whole grain bread good for health? My age is 23. Instead of rice, shall I eat them in nights?
My father has under gone angioplasty 1 years back please clarify me. That whether he can drive distal cars I heard heart patient should not drive distal engine cars.
Hi sir I had erniya and vericosil grade-a stage sir doctor said to me operation is must if any alternates is here or not sir please tell me briefly any laproscophys or etc.
Yesterday I was bathing in a swimming pool and after the bath I felt like water got sticked in my right ear and its not coming out. I feel like it sticked badly and now m also feeling some pain when I am try to take that water out. It also caused blockage to my ear. please help me how to cure that.
While brushing teeth in morning feels like vomiting. Have changed the paste and tried but still the issue remains.
1. How to decrease my belly? 2. Having Gas Problem since last 3 weeks just after I started going Gym. 3. Can you suggest a good diet schedule for good physic? My Current diet - Morning: 250gm milk+2 chapati + 2 eggs Noon: 4chapati + 1/3plate rice + dal + green veg Eve: 50-150cal intake Night: 5chapati + 1 plate vegetable No regular cigarettes or alcohol.
Autism is defined as a Neurobiological pervasive development disorder that includes lack of social skills and inability to reciprocate to social interactions. The patient may also have intellectual and cognitive deficits and problems in communication (verbal as well as non-verbal).
Ayurveda is the oldest study of medicine and has proved to be very effective when it comes to managing and treating those affected by autism. The earlier an autistic person resorts to Ayurveda, the more effective it is.
Ayurvedic drink recipe for treating the symptoms of autism: (should be taken daily)
- 1/3 cup of yogurt
- 3/4 cup of water
- Diluted Fresh Pomegranate Juice
Ayurveda in Curbing Aggression:
Autism includes heightened aggression and aversion from social interaction due to a neurological condition that impairs the functioning of the brain. Not all autistic patients are violent towards others, but may express their frustration by self-harm and emotional outbursts. One can curb these emotional outbursts by taking herbal supplements. An Ayurvedic herb called Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) which is known for its, anti-anxiety, neuroprotection and antioxidant properties can help considerably.
Regular massages using sandalwood, rose, lavender and gotu kola oils are also very calming and relieving, because it stimulates the blood flow and neuronal responses. Massage also helps in increasing eye contact and social relatedness, less stereotypical behavior and improved sleep.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Autism:
- Brahmi; Scientifically known as Bacopa monnieri, Brahmi is an important herb that delays the process of forgetting and improves memory. Not only does Brahmi improve memory, but also increases the grasping power, intellect and speech and also corrects the abnormality of emotions, personality and mood of an autistic individual. It also helps in performing complex tasks such as comprehension, reasoning and learning.
- Ashwagandha: Scientifically known as Withania somnifera, Ashwagandha has high affinity for gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptors. Low GABA activity is related to cognitive impairment.
- Shankhapushpi: Scientifically known as Convolvulus pluricaulis, Shankhapushpi is very effective in improving learning and memory and is highly effective in treating insanity and epilepsy.
- Centella asiatica: This Ayurvedic herb is used as a medication for insanity, speech disorders and epilepsy, making it a very useful drug for treating autism. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 36 years pls from last three days severe stomach ache and cramps along with loose & watery motions completely weak on first day it's almost 20 times the motion continued. Took Norflox, Spasmnik plus, Roko,tabs but still no use pls advise.
Pain or paresthesia at the site of the bite is well–known as a diagnostically useful prodromal symptom occurring in one–third to two–thirds of cases. In Thailand, however, a specific type of paresthesia–itching–was the earliest symptom in more than 40% of cases. Itching occurred at the site of the healed bite wound or involved the whole bitten limb and was sometimes so intense as to provoke frenzied scratching and excoriation of the skin. The explanation for local paresthesia may be the multiplication of virus in the dorsal root ganglion of the sensory nerve supplying the area of the bite.
Pain behind the grafted eye was an early symptom in 3 of the 4 patients who developed rabies following corneal transplants.
Priapism with frequent spontaneous orgasms was the first symptom in one Thai patient.
Fever, malaise, nausea and vomiting.
Increased sensitivity of the skin to changes of temperature, especially air currents.