Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Loss Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Treatment of Malnutrition
Treatment of Chronic Fatigue
Submit a review for Dr. Kavitha SimhaYour feedback matters!
With out eating much food, my stomach is becoming fat and I am getting acidity. Requesting you to advice.
Types Of Counselling
Therapeutic counselling: Aims to help people cope with the consequences of infertility and treatment and to help resolve issues which may be caused from a diagnosis of infertility. It includes helping people adjust expectations and move towards acceptance of their individual situation.
Decision making counselling: At significant points during treatment, people may require counselling to help them make decisions involving their management of their treatment.
Supportive counselling: Provides emotional support and assistance to people at times of high stress.
Crisis counselling: Is available to people who experience a crisis or adverse outcome whilst undertaking treatment.
Implications counselling: Counselling is available to enable people to understand the implications of their treatment involving themselves, their family or children born as a result of treatment.
I want to lose my weight I 1 month because my school is starting in just 1 month so please help me to reduce my weight give me a diet plan too.
I have lost 20 lbs. But I am afraid that I will gain it back like I always do. Is there anything I can do to help keep this weight off for good?
A dairy free diet has many implications. While it is considered as a healthy option by many, it also means that you are cutting off a supply of calcium and even some amount of protein. Calcium, as we all know, is the life giving force for your bones and joints.
So how can you get your dose of calcium without dairy products? Here's a quick list!
- Beans: Get your fill of calcium with the protein and calcium rich chickpea. Other brown, black and white beans also have plenty of natural calcium sealed in each bean, which can be ingested on a daily basis. Legumes or smaller beans can also be used for your daily calcium fix. You can cook the legumes like an Indian dal and have it with a serving of rice, or make a yummy hummus with plenty of chickpeas and a touch of garlic. Toss beans soaked overnight in a salad bowl to enjoy calcium for lunch too!
- Fish: Salmon and sardines are known to be excellent and healthy sources of lean protein as well as Omega three fatty acids, which keeps the heart healthy above all else. But did you also know that fish contains plenty of natural calcium which can help your bones and joints too? So stock up on fish and enjoy as often as you can. Plus, salmon and sardines also give you a good dose of Vitamin D.
- Dry Fruits: Dry fruits like figs and almonds are packed with calcium among various other nutrients and minerals, which makes it ideal for a snack as well. Munch on these to get a constant dose of calcium even when you are on the go, or busy at work.
- Greens vegetables: If you thought green vegetables were only a good source of iron and magnesium, you may have to think again. Greens like bok choy are filled with essential nutrients including a good amount of calcium, vitamin A and C. Kale, turnip greens, seaweed and black eyed peas also make it to the list of calcium rich greens.
- Citrus fruits: Get plenty of calcium by starting your day with a glass of orange juice, blended to perfection with carrots as well. Use lemons in your salad and eat all the citrus fruits you can get your hands on. These are all excellent sources of calcium.
- Sesame Seeds: These seeds are rich in calcium and can also keep cancer at bay when taken regularly.
- Fox Nuts (Makhane): Fox nuts are rich in protein and calcium. Roasted fox nuts are a great snack also. Pack your diet with all the food groups for a balanced diet that will lead to a healthy lifestyle.
Other than consuming these foods, get a full body check up done to know how healthy you are.
As the winter chill creeps in, it’s time to put on layers of warmth to protect you from the extreme cold. As you put on warm clothing externally, you also need to pack your body internally with the right Vitamins and Minerals to brave through the winter chill and the associated health problems.
Here are a few remedies that will boost your immunity this winter and keep you healthy.
1. Probiotic Supplier - Yogurt
Yogurt is a rich source of probiotics and boosts the immune system’s abilities to fight off diseases. Consume at least 2-3 cups of probiotics rich yogurt to get its amazing benefits.
2. Great Booster - Broccoli
Broccoli, the bright green coloured vegetable is a great immunity booster that keeps the immune system strong and stable. Its amazing benefit is that it prevents the immune system from reacting to allergens, germs and viruses which is one of the major causes of immune system related diseases. Eat it as much as possible this winter.
3. Immunity Enhancer - Amla
The Indian Gooseberry or Amla is loaded with Vitamin C. The amount of Vitamin C in this small little fruit is double in comparison to oranges and lemons. Vitamin C helps to strengthen immunity and can help to maintain good health. Enjoy fresh as it is or have its juice.
4. Revitalizer - Oregano and Thyme
Oregano and Thyme have a great anti-microbial potential and are power packed with aromatic compounds that boost the immune system. Added to teas, salads or soups, they enhance the flavour apart from keeping away the winter cold.
5. Resistance Builder - Barley and Oatmeal
Barley and Oatmeal are rich sources of Beta-Glucans, a fibre capable of building body’s resistance to infections and diseases like cancer, diabetes etc. A great booster for the immune system these even lower the level of cholesterol in blood and help to suppress appetite. You can have 1-2 cups of cooked oatmeal or barley to get their benefits.
6. Immunity Restorer - Pumpkin and Sunflower Seeds
Pumpkin and Sunflower seeds are packed with minerals that boost immunity. Loaded with Magnesium, pumpkin seeds also contain Zinc essential for boosting immunity. Sunflower seeds are rich in Copper and Selenium, apart from Magnesium and help to maintain bones and control damage to cells. Together they make a healthy mix for you to munch and enjoy great health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I'm not energetic anymore. I find it very difficult to take decisions. Sometimes I feel very helpless, confused and hopeless. I cry at times. But again console myself by the thought of everything will be all right. However nothing gets all right and I start feeling the same. Do you think I'm suffering from depression?
I am a skinny person. Lately I have been eating a lot, but nothing seems to change in my body structure and sometimes I don't even get enough appetite. Is their any suggestions?
Hello sir, I am 19 years old. I take healthy diet but still I am slim. Suggest me how to gain weight. What to have in diet?
Hello sir my weight is 84 kg and my baby's age is 2.5 yrs I am on diet these days but feel very weak some time while doing exercise. I drink green tea and sprouts. Tell me reason and suggest something.
I am very fat. I have double chin. I have stretch marks on my whole body. I do I get a good shaped body. I want to reduce my weight and decrease belly fat?
I am 20 years and I am not ok with my weight. I hve only 46 kg weight. Plzzz help me how I gain my weight.
I am 27 years old. I play football. I strtd working when I was 24. When I was 25. I had a lower back issue which gave me frequent muscle pulls on my right leg. I was advised physiotherapy and rest by my doctor. I have developed a belly ever since. And I am putting on weight. Can not exercise my stomach because it causes stress in my back. How do I get rid of my belly.
2. Restoring the imbalance in the body. Normalcy can be restored in the case of heart beat, blood pressure, body temperature respiratory rate etc. By applying the acupressure at the appropriate points for a few minutes.
3. Sedation certain points when stimulated produce calming effect on the mind. This is used for treatment of anxiety disorders, insomnia, depression, drug addictions, epilepsy etc.
4. Immunity. When certain homeostatic points are pressed it increases wbc in the blood, thereby increasing the immunity to fight diseases. Preventive health care is assured.
5. Vitality of internal organs. Acupressure when applied regularly improves he vitality. Digestive power increases, blood circulation improves, lung capacity increases and common problems are cured automatically.
6. Side effects. As there is no use of drugs and only energy points on the skin are activated there is no side effect at all.
Acupressure can be learnt by everyone to cure small disorders at home instantly and help people around us without drugs and cost.