Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kavitha ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hi I am a 20 year old female. On 4th may 2017 I had protected sex and after that on 25 may I got my periods that lasted for about 6-7 days till 31 may. I am not able to remember if I got my periods in June or not but it's July end and I haven't gotten my periods yet. What can be the reason? Am I pregnant? And also I have been weight training and dieting. Can this be the reason or I am Pregnant? I am really scared and worried.
I'm a 16yrs girl I got intimate during periods so I missed my periods for 2 months n during these days I used too much sleeping pills so I jus wanna ask that what could be the reason for missed periods?
Dear Doctor, I'm 4 month pregnant and today morning suddenly I had a bleeding. I use to have this problem before also and use to take injection and vaginal tablet but almost after 25 days I got bleeding again. Past two days I travel little distance might be because of that or it is a risk. Please advice I'm so worried. This is my first pregnancy.
There is no reason to change or alter your sex life during pregnancy unless your doctor advises otherwise. Intercourse or orgasm during pregnancy will not harm your baby, unless you have a medical problem. Remember that your baby is well protected in your uterus by the amniotic fluid that surrounds him or her.
Your doctor may recommend not having intercourse early in pregnancy if you have a history of miscarriages. Intercourse also may be restricted if you have certain complications of pregnancy, such as pre-term labor or bleeding. You may need to ask your doctor to clarify if this means no penetration, no orgasms, or no sexual arousal, because different complications may require different restrictions.
Hello am a House wife. I Was in a long-term affair with my boyfriend we were physically active but now Am married to a other guy from a period of six months am having sex with my boyfriend without protection but am worried of any infection so I have ended our relationship as I want to live my married life is there any threat of getting sick.
On sep 1 2017 I had sex with girl with unknown status using two condom for approx 2 min, with no oral sex or kissing, only vaginal sex ,what are chances of my getting hsv 1 and 2 and hpv .I didn't had any of the symptoms till today. What are the tests for all STDs to be tested.
One of my friend told me that her boyfriend has been complaining about her vaginal odour however she finds it perfectly normal. I have read a lot about it to help her out, but it seems that she is taking all precautions and still the problem persists. Can you explain how and why this situation may arise?
When it comes to chocolate, darker is usually healthier. Dark chocolate is generally made with a high ratio of chocolate solids and very little added sugar.
Choosing low carb chocolate
- Choose dark chocolate made from at least 70% cocoa solids
- Choose chocolate that hasn’t come in contact with any gluten-containing grains.
- Select chocolate produced organically by people working under fair conditions.
- Choose specifically labeled low carb chocolate.
- Double check the label for net carbs and hidden carbs.
The chocolate rules
For health benefits and weight loss, dark chocolate enjoyed in moderation on a low carb diet is possible – but there are rules.
- Set a “chocolate limit” and eat only a realistic amount – a few square inches.
- Count your carbs and your calories. Be strict, honest and accurate.
- If your cravings for sweets increase, reconsider your decision to eat chocolate.
- Eat a maximum of 10 net carbs per hour to avoid insulin spikes.
Your best chocolate choices
Low carb chocolate is readily available online and in retail stores. The amount of choices is mind-boggling. These all-natural choices are the highest in nutritional value and the lowest in net carbs.
Eating dark low carb chocolate rules:
1. Natural dark chocolate
Dark chocolate can be a part of your low carb diet or keto plan. Dark chocolate is low in carbs and contains powerful disease-fighting antioxidants. Use the darkest chocolate you can find with real cacao and cocoa butter.
2. Organic raw cacao nibs
- Organic raw cacao nibs are “nature’s chocolate chips,” boasting a strong, raw dark chocolate flavor. Snack on these chocolate nibs or use them in recipes.
- Plentiful source of antioxidants and magnesium
3. Organic cacao powder
Cacao powder offers a rich taste and bold chocolate flavor. Viva labs cacao powder is made from criollo cacao beans – the highest quality cacao without bitterness.
4. Low carb cocoa powder
- Viva labs cacao powder is unprocessed, retaining important nutrients like magnesium, calcium, iron, fiber and protein.
- Antioxidants in cacao provide cellular defense against the effects of free radicals, improving the look of skin and promoting cellular repair and rejuvenation.
- Lift your mood, elevate energy and burn more fat. Add cacao to your favorite cup of bulletproof coffee and smoothies.
5. Atkins low carb chocolate
- Atkins endulge low carb chocolate bars
- The atkins company features an endulge line. Each low carb chocolate treat has less than 4 net carbs. Grab three free full-size atkins bars (and the quick start kit) here.
- These chocolate bars do have artificial sweeteners, so track your progress. Some low carbers experience a diet stall when eating these types of low carb treats.
6. Russell stover low carb chocolate
- Russell stover low carb chocolate
- Russell stover low carb chocolatelow carb chocolate speeds weight loss has a flavored line: pecan delight, milk chocolate dotted with almonds, truffles and french.
- Stover chocolates are artificially sweetened and have 0.3 net carbs per square.
7. Amber lyn low carb chocolate
- Amber lyn low carb dark chocolate
- Amber lyn chocolatelow carb chocolate speeds weight loss strives to give the “perfect chocolate experience” – especially to low carbers. Their rich, low carb dark chocolate has only 2 net carbs per bar.
8. Hershey sugar free low carb chocolate
- Hershey’s 1 carb chocolate barslow carb chocolate speeds weight loss are available at popular drug stores and grocers.
- This corporate giant’s 1 net carb collection of chocolate bars come in three flavors: chocolate candy, chocolate candy with soy chips and chocolate candy with almonds.
Should you be eating chocolate?
Thinking of adding chocolate to your low carb diet? first, weigh the pros and cons.
- Chocolate has antioxidants and helps repair free radical damage.
- Dark chocolate is a good source of iron, magnesium, copper and manganese.
- Dark chocolate is low or very low in sugar.
- Cocoa butter is a healthy, low in polyunsaturated fat.
- Eating chocolate on a low carb cheat day speeds fat loss.
- Dark chocolate still has some sugar – a toxin.
- Chocolate often triggers sugar cravings and carb binges.
- Many chocolates have soy lecithin, an emulsifying agent.
- Some chocolates are cross-contaminated with gluten grains.
- Global chocolate is sometimes made in exploitative or unsafe working conditions.