Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kavitha KeerthiYour feedback matters!
Are you in the last trimester of pregnancy and experiencing symptoms such as abdominal pain, vaginal bleeding, uterine tenderness and back pain? This might be an indication of a condition called placental abruption. This is a serious, but rare pregnancy complication in women. The placenta is the structure, which develops in the uterus for nourishing the growing baby. When the placenta peels away from the inner uterine wall before delivery, placental abruption occurs. The condition can deprive the growing baby of oxygen.
There are several factors, which increase the risk of placental abruption. They are as follows:
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure, be it chronic or because of pregnancy, increases the risk of placental abruption.
- Abdominal trauma: Certain trauma caused to the abdomen such as a fall or a blow to the abdomen increases your risk of having the condition.
- Substance abuse: Women who smoke and use drugs such as cocaine during pregnancy are more likely to have placental abruption.
- Premature rupture of the membranes: The growing baby is supported and surrounded by a fluid-filled membrane or the amniotic sac. When the sac leaks or breaks before labor, there are high chances of placental abruption.
- Blood clotting disorders: Any health condition which impairs blood clotting may increase the chance of placental abruption.
- Multiple pregnancy: For women who are carrying more than one baby, the delivery of the first baby may lead to changes in the uterus. This may cause placental abruption before the next baby is delivered.
- Maternal age: Placental abruption is more common or likely to occur among women who are above the age of 40.
It is not possible to reattach a placenta, which gets separated from the wall of the uterus. The treatment options for placental abruption depend on several circumstances. They are as follows:
- The baby is not close to full term: If the abruption is mild, your baby has a normal heart rate, and it is too early for him to be born, you might need to be hospitalized for monitoring. If the bleeding ends and the baby is in a stable condition, you might be able to go home and rest. In some cases, medicines are given to the baby for making his lungs mature.
- The baby is close to full term: If your baby is near full term, and the placental abruption is less, a closely monitored vaginal delivery is undertaken. In case of a progressive abruption, an immediate delivery might be required via C section.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of placental abruption. This will help you in protecting your baby from any harm.
My wife has stopped her mensuration for last month. Bt when she check she is not pregnant. The result is negative. My question is that during pregnant after how many month of pregnancy does mensuration start and it is possible that 4 month pregnant women have negative result when she checks by pregnancy test kid?
1 Avoid spicy food as it can lead to stomach upset which in turn leads to an outpouring of histamine.
2 What trigger allergy it could be food environment and dairy products
3 Obesity also causes allergies excess body fat leads to inflammation.
4 Stress and anxiety leads to decrease immunity which leads to allergic reaction.
I hav pcod. Using clomid for 3 cycles my husband reports are fine. My Amh, lh,fsh, levels are fine. Done hsg this month reports are normal, bt I'm not conceiving. What's the problem.
I am 23 year old girl and I am Having irregular periods and has cyst in the right ovary plus gaining weight also. How to overcome from this situation?
Hi I have five kids I have 2 twin girls and 2 twin boys and my recent baby born in February all of my births have been natural but I want to receive sterilization surgery but my gyno wants to have an open vaginal surgery is there other options since not to long ago I gave birth and I had to get stitches but I don't want a big incision any options or procedures recommendable answer with details please &looking for a surgeon.
I am three years married man age 34 wt 57kg. Height 5.6ft. After avoiding 18 month we are trying to have a child but till now fail.Please do help me.
- Sometimes people eat and drink too much, but they do not gain weight and they look very thin. First you know about those things that are necessary to your health and try to understand the reasons why your body are not getting weight properly. Let's some causes of thinness and their prevention.
Causes of your thinness may be many kind of bad habits or low appetite or digestive system not working properly.
You may gain good weight and get rid off of thinness by switch off your bad habits or by consuming natural appetisers like ginger before meal or by improving your digestive system to this you can drink lemon/alovera water in morning.
The secret of good health is not eating more but digest more whatever you eat. Every morning after defecation do pranayama and yoga specially kapal bhati. Then whatever you eat your body can be absorb. You can feel difference in your body within few months.
I have delivered a baby. I don't have enough milk to feed my baby as after one week of delivery my stiches got broken. Dr. Gave me strong antibiotics and because of antibiotics my milk got vanish. Please suggest me some medication or anything by which I could feed my baby and my milk back.
I got married 2 year back. Planning for kids last 1 year but failing. I done semen analysis test. In that sperm count 15 and pus cell 8-10 please suggest.
My friend is suffering from PCOD. She is slightly over weight and is it the only reason for PCOD? She has been trying to reduce weight but there is no change or recovery from PCOD. WHAT CAN BE DONE?
My wife suffering from infertility since 4 years she has thyroid and pcod. Please tell us how she will get pregnant ?
Hello Doctor, I want to ask you for my Girlfriend, She is 22, she is a Occasional Drinker, 3-4 times in a week, she has not became regular with her menstrual cycle, her cycle is very irregular. Sometimes it takes 2 or 2.5 months. And when she is in her period then she feels so much pain, she was also complaining about the amount of flow, it use to be very large. And her cycle time is also very long sometimes it takes 10 days also, I'm so much worried about her irregular cycle, Can you explain me the possible reasons behind her problem? And one more thing she vomits almost everyday when she is in periods, she also feels so much pain in her stomach and in her legs that she can't even move and she need to do compulsory bed rest. So please can you explain the possible reasons behind her situation? And what can be possible solutions? It will be great help from you doctor.
A cut on your skin can be seen by the naked eye, but injuries and infections to internal organs are not so easily visible to the eye. The procedure to view and operate on the body’s internal organs is known as an endoscopy. An endoscopy is performed using a flexible tube with a camera attached at one end known as an endoscope. This is inserted into the body though a natural opening in the body such as the mouth or through a small incision on the body.
While the camera gives the doctor a view of the internal organs, forceps or a pair of scissors can be used to operate or remove tissue that needs to be biopsied. Since an endoscopy is performed without making large incisions, it negates the development of scarring.
Types of Endoscopies
Endoscopies can be used for both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. It is also one of the means for early detection of cancer. There are 11 main types of endoscopies which include:
1. Arthroscopy: This is used to get a closer look at joints. In such cases, the endoscope is inserted into a small incision near the joint being examined.
2. Bronchoscopy: This procedure is used to examine a patient’s lungs. It involves the insertion of a scope into the nose or mouth to give a view of the lungs.
3. Colonoscopy: In this procedure, a scope is inserted through the anus to get a view of the colon.
4. Cystoscopy: When the bladder needs to be examined closely, an endoscope is inserted through the urethra. This is known as a cystoscopy.
5. Enteroscopy: This is a procedure where the scope is inserted through the mouth or anus to get a look at the small intestines.
6. Hysteroscopy: Here a scope is inserted through the vagina to get a look at the inside of the uterus.
7. Laparoscopy: It is an endoscopy to examine the abdominal area is known as a laparoscopy. This scope is inserted through an incision in the abdomen.
8. Laryngoscopy: This type of endoscopy involves inserting a scope through the mouth or nose to examine the voice box.
9. Mediastinoscopy: By inserting a scope into an incision above the breastbone, doctors can get a look at the area between the lungs. This is known as a mediastinoscopy.
10. Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: Examining the esophagus and upper intestinal tract by inserting a scope through the mouth is known as an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
11. Ureteroscopy: This procedure is used to examine the patient’s ureter by inserting a scope through the urethra.