Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kavitha KeerthiYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old girl last month I got twice time periods and now again after 18 days I got periods this is 1st time. Why its happening.
I am 29 year old female having pregnancy of 5 week 5 days (as per USG report), I am facing too much problem with acidity, which medicine I can take for relief from acidity and any medicine will safe during pregnancy.
I missed my periods for 20 days my pregnancy test is negative so my doctor advice to take regrestrone tablet 2 times a day for 5 days but still my periods not come. Is it possible to get postive in pregnant test now?
My wife fill stomach burning during pregnancy. Doctor prescribe her ulgel. ULGEL syrup is safe during pregnancy? And which month she take TT injection. Now three month continuing.
I am 30 years old and I am giving breast feeding to my 3 months baby. I observed a small painful lump in my left armpit during my second pregnancy in 9 month, but it disappeared after delivery. Now recently 3 days back I observed the same lump in the same area which is painful. I pressed the lump between the tips of forefinger and thumb it is moving under the skin like ball and it is pea size and deeper too. After sometime pus came from the lump in light yellow colour. Is it dangerous lump or cancer. Iam very much worried about the lump. Did I have to go doctor checkup? which doctor should I go through please clarify my doubts and help me.
I am suffering from irregular periods problem what should I do also I suffers from Major Pain during my periods. Please suggest me what should I do to cure this.
I am a 50 year old women going through menopause. My prolactin level is very high around 6000 but all my tests of the uterus biopsy, mammogram and MRI are normal. The doctor has said that my pituitary gland looks normal in size but he has referred me to a neurosurgeon. What is the reason for such high prolactin levels.
Doc kyaa feeling hone jaruri hh girl me conceive karne ke liee actually mujhee conceive karnaa hh aur mujhe feeling s naii hotee plss suggest.
Are you fed up of tweezing, shaving or waxing the unwanted hair, then laser hair removal is the right option for you. Unwanted hair removal from different parts of the body is not only time consuming, but is also a very boring chore, which needs to be carried out on regular intervals. On top of it, the process is accompanied with the worry of bruising skin and often resulting in patches. With laser hair removal, the process has become easier and hassle free.
As per the laser hair removal process, a laser beam hits the individual hair follicle after passing through the skin. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, which inhibits future hair growth. Laser hair removal effectively slows hair growth and typically takes multiple laser hair removal sessions to completely get rid of the unwanted hair. The laser hair removal is most opted for areas such as female facial hair, bikini line hair and back hair for men. The process is most suited for people with light skin and dark hair.
Laser hair removal therapy has been classified in five methods. Although they are all different, but they function on one same principle of converting light to heat producing effect of laser. Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged. The process does not require any recovery time which allows one to return to work immediately.
- Ruby Laser Hair Removal was the first cosmetic laser hair removal system. The wavelength of this laser is 694 nm. The laser damages the hair follicles keeping surrounding tissues and structures in the skin safe. It gives long term hair free results and any hair regrowth is thinner, finer and patchier than previous growth. The built-in cooling system continuously cools the skin and is least painful in comparisons with other laser hair removal systems. It can be used on small areas of skin and slow laser repetition rate resulting in better and long treatment times.
- Alexandrite Laser Hair Removal works in a similar manner as the Ruby Laser hair removal system. The wavelength used in this system is 755 nm, which is in the red infrared part of the light spectrum. It is the fastest available laser hair removal treatments. It has excellent penetration rate and can cover large areas of skin. It also work great on albino skin and freckled skin, on which many other laser hair removal systems are ineffective. It is effective on skin with white to olive tones with thinner hair types. It is not suitable for dark skin as the skin pigment can change.
- Diode Laser Hair Removal are made up of diodes or semiconductors operating at wavelength of 800 - 810nm. It can be used effectively darker skin coupled with thick, coarse hair making it popular with men due to its effectiveness on back and chest hair. It is the next most useful hair removal light source and the most promising laser for hair removal. The Diode laser features a longer wavelength and thus able to provide better results among dark-skinned people. This laser provides safer and deeper penetration into the skin layer. Large areas of the body tend to recover faster.
- Nd:YAG Laser Hair Removal is the most advanced type of laser hair removal system. It works at wavelengths of 1064 nm in a double frequency mode, which creates green light at 532nm wavelengths. It is effective on all skin types, including Asian and dark skin tones. It has a fast rate of repetition and can be used on larger areas of skin.
- IPL or Intense Pulse Light Hair Removal system is a non-coherent laser. It is flexible than laser hair removal, as there is no set laser wavelength. For this treatment parameters are set to suit one's individual needs, giving one a personalised treatment. It can cover large areas of skin and has smaller risk of damaging surrounding tissues.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin or hair related problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
I am feeling some hard part while touching lower abdomen, near to uterus. Is this is a serious problem.
Pain and sleep together contribute to be a dreadful cycle. Pain and sleep are two aspects, which go hand in hand. The effect of the pain coupled with stress and tension causes detrimental effects on sleep.
- Relationship between the two: Studies show that more than half the percentage of people with chronic pain disorders suffer from sleep problems and more than half of insomniac patients suffer from pain. Pain affects the duration of sleep and pain inflicted people have poor sleep hours. Pain also affects the quality of sleep. While trying to fall asleep, environmental factors such as light, external noise and temperature affect a pain inflicted person more. People suffering from pain have much less control on sleep. They worry about their disrupted sleep cycle, which causes more stress.
- Medications: Medications which treat chronic pain sometimes are responsible for causing sleep disturbances because of the presence of certain chemicals. It is perceived that pain medications would reduce pain and sleep would improve. However, this is not the case and people who take medicines for pain treatment, suffer from disrupted sleep. Sleeping pills do not work effectively in people suffering from pain.
- Effects: Lack of sleep affects your quality of life to a great extent, especially when it is due to pain. Lack of sleep combined with pain will affect any kind of work you undergo and your performance will be dull and sloppy. There will be a degradation in the person's mood, activities and even relationships are affected.
- The disastrous cycle: Sleep and pain create a dangerous cycle. The relationship between sleeplessness and pain is reciprocal in the sense that pain affects and causes difficulty in sleeping, in a continuous pattern and poor sleep further enhances or affects pain. Pain causes disturbances in sleep, gives rise to stress and fatigue and leads to even more pain, which again affects sleep. This process keeps on occurring like a cycle.
- Treatment: For treatment of sleeping disorders due to pain, both the aspects should be addressed. A multidisciplinary approach has to be taken. You can try interventional treatment procedures, which will help you to decrease your level of pain. Along with this, you should consult a behavioral health specialist to get the best remedies on coping with stress. Working these two out will result in decreased pain, decreased stress and your normal sleep will be revitalized.
Pain and sleep together work like a cycle. Excess pain leads to reduced sleep, which causes more pain in return and the cycle carries on. Proper remedies should be taken to get rid of the pain, which would revive good sleep.