Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Kavitha KarthikeyanYour feedback matters!
Should we brush our teeth each time we get up from sleep? Like I have the habit of sleeping in the noon till 5 or 6 sometimes. Should I brush at that time also? When is the ideal time/situation to brush?
There is a lump in my mouth in jaw joint which comes out 2 days ago and its pains when I touch my tongue to it and my mouth cheeks lips are swollen since last 2½ weeks. Let me clear I eat tobacco for 5-6 years but now I left but I was late and cheeks skin got thinner and in both cheeks lump type skin tissues built from very long time but I never experience any issue in my mouth except this one which I hv written in beginning. What is this sir please clear and my question is. If it is beginning of cancer can I survive?
I have some sort wounds in under lips. I thought may be it would be a mouth cancer? Please help me to know about mouth cancer and their symptoms?
I have problem with my teeth its smell when I woke up. And its little smell all the day. I will brush regularly in the morning time. Please help me.
Hello. I am having a problem of vomiting. I used to vomits everyday in the morning while brushing my teeth. I don't know why. Please help me as soon as possible. Thank you.
I suffering from a problem! in my mouth wounds are create who can I minimize it please help me to lick wounds.
Your dental health chiefly depends on the way you care for your teeth and gums. Most Indians consider maintaining oral health a very simple thing, and end up committing quite a few dental blunders as a result. As a result, a whopping 95% of the population in India suffers from gum disease! (Source: National Oral Health Programme)
Read on to find which of these dental mistakes you are making and how to avoid them.
1. Not flossing your teeth
Flossing plays a significant role in getting rid of sticky bacteria or plaque from your teeth. The acid generated by dental plaque is the chief cause behind oral cavities, gum irritation and various other gum diseases. Flossing is essential for cleaning the space between your teeth and in turn eliminating most of the bacteria present in your mouth. This is the very reason it should not be ignored.However in India, well over 70% of the population does not floss.
2. Not regularly visiting the dentist
Most Indians have the habit of not visiting the dentist at regular intervals due to laziness, a forgetful nature or fear. Quite a few hold the common belief that if they aren’t experiencing a toothache, they don’t need to visit the dentist at all. Only 2% of Indians visit the dentist. This often puts you in greater risks of developing a gum disease, which may require painful and costly treatment in the future. So, make it a priority to visit the dentist at least once every year to ensure better dental health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Good morning Doctors! I'm 30 years of age. I have gaps between my upper teeth. I'm planning to go for braces. So my question is will the braces help to close the gaps at this age & if not, what are the alternative options? THANKS IN ADVANCE!
I notice that my mouth is full of saliva when I woke up daily in the morning. Is it any mouth or teeth problem or natural tendency.
My mother in law is having ulcer in mouth for 18 months. She is diabetic also. What treatment should she needs.
Sir my upper teeth are dominated .so can you tell me what can I do for my teeth and if i'll go for veneering. .how much I have to pay and what are the pros and cons of veneering as am 21 years old .tell me what can I do?
Hold a soft-bristle brush at 45-degree angle to your gums and move it back
and forth in short, gentle strokes, about the distance of one tooth
Oral hygiene is a very critical issue which you should not neglect at any condition. Proper oral care helps your body in maintaining good overall health and also protects you from developing oral infections and diseases. For this purpose, regularly visiting your dentist is of paramount importance and additionally following his/her advice is also necessary. Dentists usually prescribe measures such as brushing your teeth twice daily, regular and frequent cleaning and dental flossing to ensure good oral health. Here are some benefits of dental cleaning which would surely motivate you to take good care of your teeth and gums.
1. Reduces risks of oral cancer - Oral cancer is a chronic condition of the teeth and the gums in general which can be fatal if left undiagnosed. To ensure proper screening of oral cancer, you should regularly visit your dentist for a dental cleaning.
2. Prevents gum diseases - Dentists are not only concerned about your teeth, in particular, they take care of your entire oral health. Thus, a dental cleaning minimizes your risk of suffering from any kind of gum related infections or diseases.
3. Brightens your smile - The dental cleaning procedure also ensures that you have a clean and a bright smile. It not only improves your external appearance but also gives you the necessary confidence to smile. It involves picking out of even the minutest particles of food that get stuck inside your teeth so that you can have a flawless smile to boast about.
4. Ensures easy diagnosis of oral problems - It also helps in the easy detection of any kind of mild infection or severe disease that is affecting your oral health. An early detection subsequently ensures timely treatment of your condition and hence a dental cleaning is required.
5. Prevent bad breath - Bad breath is also an oral condition and can be eliminated easily. Regular dental cleaning ensures that you have a pleasant breath by helping you maintain proper oral hygiene. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.