Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KavithaYour feedback matters!
The perfect figure of a woman is 36-26-36 But I am 30-26-30. What I should do for the perfect figure.
Madam my wife have rubella igg positive. Already three miscarriages. My family doctor told me that it is difficult to give a healthy baby. Is it correct. Any other ways to have children in this case. Pls advice.
Sir/mam mere periods 11 may ko aye the. Maine apne bf ke sath 22 may ko sex kiya tha aur uske baad mere peroids 8 june ko aye the. But pehle se bleeding kam huyi thi. Pregenancy test kiya toh negative aya. Bleeding kam hone ka kya karan hai. Es ka matlab preganancy toh nahi hai. Pls help me.
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
I have a friend Radhika who had taken an ipill a week before because of unprotected sex. She was suppose to have her periods yesterday (2nd Nov) but she missed it. She had taken a pregnancy test that said negative. But she hasn't gone through any bleeding because of the ipill and hasn't had periods as yet. Please help.
Had intense itching on vagina and nearby area from some days, from last 2 days have swelling on same places leading to problem in moving and sitting, and in the 5th month of the pregnancy. Kindly provide some suggestion and information abt this issue. Thank you.
My mensuration date is 25 and today is 29 still the process did not start what types of problem will I face? please advise.
According to the cleveland clinic foundation, diabetes is the cause of approximately 44% of all new cases of diabetic nephropathy. Nephropathy is a medical term for kidney disease. Diabetes can cause damage to the filters in your kidneys over time. As more damage occurs, chronic kidney disease (ckd) can develop. Ckd is a serious complication of diabetes. It cannot be cured, only managed. Getting an early diagnosis of nephropathy and treating your diabetes can help limit the kidney damage and may prevent kidney failure where dialysis becomes necessary.
An early diagnosis
An early diagnosis of diabetes can help your doctor treat the condition before it does more damage to your body. Type 1 diabetes (also known as juvenile or insulin dependent diabetes) is easily diagnosed in its early stages, before kidney damage occurs. However, type 2 diabetes (also known as adult-onset or non-insulin dependent diabetes) often goes undiagnosed for years. Many people who have type 2 diabetes do not realize it.
Because type 2 diabetes may have been present for many years before it is diagnosed, this means the high glucose (sugar) content in the blood has had time to damage the tiny blood vessels in the kidneys. When these blood vessels are damaged, protein that is meant to remain in the body can leak into the urine. This is a condition called microalbuminuria, and it is an early symptom of kidney disease.
If you have been diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes, you should have a microalbumin test done annually. This will help your doctor detect any kidney damage. If your urine tests positive for albumin (a protein), steps can be taken to help prevent more damage to your kidneys.
Control your blood glucose levels
Because the high glucose content in your bloodstream can damage the kidneys, controlling the level of glucose is an important step in keeping the kidneys healthy. This means following the plan your doctor recommends for treating your diabetes. For type 1 diabetics, getting regular insulin is crucial in keeping glucose levels in check. For type 2 diabetics, diet and exercise may be the primary treatments for lowering blood sugar levels.
Your doctor may have you test your glucose levels throughout the day. You may be referred to a dietitian, who can help you make healthier food choices. Lowering your intake of sugar is important, especially if you are insulin resistant. Your doctor may also want you to lose excess weight. Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding medicines and testing your glucose levels. If the levels are still too high, tell your doctor so adjustments can be made to your treatment program.
Control your blood pressure levels
If you are diabetic and have been diagnosed with high blood pressure (also known as hypertension), your kidneys have a greater chance of becoming damaged. Patients with high blood pressure and diabetes are more likely to develop nephropathy. This is because high blood pressure places added strain on the tiny blood vessels of the kidneys. Your doctor may prescribe a medicine called an ace inhibitor to bring down your blood pressure.
Even in diabetic patients who do not have high blood pressure, studies have shown that ace inhibitors are an effective treatment for kidney stone. Even though you may not have high blood pressure, your doctor may prescribe this medicine for you in order to prevent further strain to your kidneys. If you have any questions or concerns about any medicine that has been prescribed to you, talk with your doctor. Do not stop taking any medicine prescribed to you without talking to your doctor first.
Keep healthy habits
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes, your doctor may ask that you stop certain activities that could worsen your diabetes or lead to high blood pressure. Activities such as smoking and drinking alcohol should be avoided.
Exercise is an excellent habit. Your doctor may recommend exercise as part of your treatment. But before you start a program, ask your doctor if the activity may be right for you.
Diabetes does not necessarily have to lead to chronic kidney disease. An early diagnosis of kidney disease may help you and your health care team to prevent further damage. Keeping your diabetes in check may help keep your kidneys healthy for a long time.
I am 25 years old women I don't have regular periods I try many things but it did not work can you please help me?
I and my boyfriend had unprotected sex during my 3rd day of period after sex within 1 hr I took i-pill but after 5 days also m bleeding in small amount m worried that there is a chance to get pregnant pls answer doctor.
Hello mam, I am a girl. I want to know how can I enjoy sex to the fullest, I mean how to get multiple orgasm Please suggest.
I have lot of pain in period time. Please suggest me what I do. I feel full back pain, stomach pain and fully leg pain. Please suggest what I do.
The word surgery has always been associated with the use of scalpel. However, a new form of surgery called laser surgery has developed, which instead of using the orthodox method uses laser to cure the infirmity. In this form of surgery, laser tuned to specific wavelengths, is emitted on the concerned area with the purpose of vaporizing the tissues that have high water content for the purpose of rectification. It is commonly used in:
- Dermatology and plastic surgery
- Eye Surgery
- Endovascular surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Oral and Dental Surgery
Though the technique involves risks, it has over the years gained immense popularity due to multiple reasons. Few among them are:
- Provides immediate results: This is one of the main reasons why laser surgery is preferred to conventional methods. Commonly used in the eye, laser surgeries result in significant improvement in vision, allowing the concerned person to do away with the dependence on spectacles.
- Precision involved: Using the laser instead of the scalpel allows the method to be more precise and effective than the traditional method. Minimum damage is done to the tissue as there are smaller cuts involved.
- Less time: Due to the technique used, the time involved in laser surgeries is reasonably less, providing more time for recuperation than what is generally allowed in the traditional methods.
- Provides more career options and opportunities: Laser surgery, owing to its technique, offers corrective measures which the traditional method does not. This aspect of the surgery allows the patients to consider and explore other professions which were previously not possible. Professions like air force and the army have stringent rules regarding vision of the candidates. Laser surgery which provides an individual the freedom to operate without glasses and contact lenses also allows him or her to consider such professions.
Related Tip: "How Safe is Laser Surgery for Facial Hair Removal??"
I am trying to conceive since last one year, my gynae suggested me to take HSG, but c z out of town now. Can anyone on board let me explain my report. It's saying the internal os is narrow, fallopian tubes appear mildly dilated proximal to their fimbria end, s/o Hydrosalpinx. What does that mean? Am I unable to conceive becoz of this? If it is a problem, is it curable?
Hypertension during pregnancy can be a problem for both baby and the mother. Thus it is of utmost importance that during pregnancy a good health should be maintained along with controlled blood pressure and cholesterol levels. With an increase in multiple births and women of older age the risk of hypertension during pregnancy has increased. But if proper care is taken it can be avoided.
Types of Pregnancy Hypertension:
There are three prominent forms of hypertension that can be seen during pregnancy. The pregnant ladies should be aware of the same. These are:
- Preeclampsia: This is the most common and serious hypertension during pregnancy. This hypertension can only be controlled by delivering the fetus, which usually involves complications like death of the mother or child. This occurs 20 weeks after pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: This form is only prevalent during pregnancy and is not a problem for the mother or baby after delivery. This usually occurs in the last leg of the pregnancy
- Chronic hypertension: This form forms either prior to the pregnancy or before 20 weeks of the pregnancy.
Management of Pregnancy Hypertension:
Hypertension during pregnancy can be handled by the following:
- In case of severe hypertension, blood pressure medication should be continued during pregnancy.
- If you are on ACE inhibitor type medication, then the medication is changed to one that is even safe for the baby.
- Your doctor might like to monitor you daily and can advise hospitalization for a few days
- If medication is missed, it might lead to uncontrolled life threatening hypertension. Thus the medication should not be missed at any time.
- In case of mild hypertension and absence of other diseases like diabetes and kidney disorders, the doctor might stop the medication or reduce the dose. Also, being off medicine does not cause any problem in mild hypertension.
- Irrespective of the hypertension being mild or severe, the prenatal appointments should not be missed, so that the doctor can monitor you and the baby. So that problems, like rise in blood pressure, poor fetal growth, and signs of preeclampsia can be spotted and steps can be taken for the same.
- In case there is some form of hypertension present the prenatal visits and lab tests will be more.
- Apart from the usual second trimester ultrasound, there will be periodic ultrasounds in the third trimester to monitor the baby's growth and the amniotic fluid.
- Also regular fetal tests and Doppler ultrasounds will be done to track the baby's growth.
- Lifestyle changes should be made. Salt intake should be limited, fresh food instead of processed food should be consumed.
- If blood pressure is high then doctor might ask you to avoid exercise especially if you never did before pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.