Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Why do we get white spots and on the body is it due to any deficiency or due to any problems and it will spread to remaining parts of bodybor not.
I am 24 year old male. My face skin is not faire. It's very dull last 2 year. Give my some ans fir glow my face skin and pimples.
I have hair loss don't know the reason do you have any prefer to solve the hair loss any medicine do you prefer what is the reason for this.
Perhaps you've heard this before but not all fats are bad. Fat has been in the bad press for the last few decades now but before you go fat-shaming again, below are some fun facts about fat:
Fat is a nutrient. Yes! Not just a nutrient, but a MACRO-nutrient. This means that the body needs it in a fairly large amount for a host of functions (insulation and cushioning, temperature regulation, protecting your internal organs, transporating your fat-soluble vitamins into body cells amongst other things).
Nutrition science teaches us that 15-25% of our daily energy needs to come from a fat source.
Fats can be divided into types, categories and chain-length: i) Types: Monounsaturated Fats (MUFAs), Polyunsaturated Fats (PUFAs) and Saturated fats ii) Categories: Essential and Non-essential iii) Chain-length: Short-chain, medium-chain and long-chain
While each gram of protein and carbohydrates has 4 calories, each gram of fat has 9 calories. The fact that fat is almost double the amount of calories for each gram bears testimony to the fact that you need a smaller amount to feel full. This also means that if you eliminate fat from your diet, you end up eating more carbohydrates. Don't believe us? Next time, try eating a bowl of 'fat-free' pasta and a bowl of regular pasta and notice the difference in quantity consumption yourself. Post the fat-free pasta, you will also find yourself unsatisfied, restless and hungry within 40 minutes-1 hour
Now perhaps you and people around you refer to yourself and each other as 'fat' in jest, but this does not necessarily mean that you're getting enough good fat in your diet. Health industry experts went insane a few years ago when an epiphany struck us all??Fat does not make us fat!? Here are some warning signs that your fat intake may be inadequate:
Dry, flaky, itchy skin
Experiencing random bouts of feeling cold
Feeling hungry due to lack of satiety and fullness
Mental slugishness/lack of concentration
Brittle hair and nails
Going back to our previous topic of categories of fat, Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids come under the category of essential fats because our bodies aren't able to produce them naturally. The focus of this article is to elucidate the strong associations between essential fat consumption and good looking skin. Read on to learn more about how adding omega-3 and omega-6 onto your diet can affect your skin:
Omega-3 and Omega-6 are two types of PUFA's which are the building blocks of a healthy cell membrane. Think of the cell membrane as basically a wall with some holes punched allowing for things to go in and out. The membrane allows nutrients and waste products to get in and out of the cell. A good membrane (which you can create by eating your omega-3's and 6's) won't allow water to leave the skin cells thereby giving you moist, soft, subtle, hydrated and wrinkle-free skin.
Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids help reduce the body's production of inflammatory compounds -- natural chemicals involved in the aging process, which affect how healthy the skin looks and feels.
Omega-6 Fatty Acids help prevent skin dryness
Omega-3 Fatty Acids nourish your skin, are important for radiance and add softness to your complexion.
Omega-3s also seem to offer the skin protection against sun damage.
Essential fats help prevent acne which tends to occur when glands over produce the substances keratin and sebum. They clog skin pores and result in skin infections. Essential fatty acids have a two-fold benefit for acne. First, they cause healthy cell transference, which helps dissolves the fatty deposits that block pores and cause acne. They also work to repair the skin damaged by pimples and blemishes.
There is evidence to suggest that the healthier and more supple your skin cells, the less intense the appearance of cellulite. Consuming plenty of essential fatty acids will give your skin cells more fullness and flexibility, and thereby possibly reducing the appearance of cellulite.
Food sources: Omega-3s: Ghee, Flaxseeds, Safflower oil, Walnuts, Soy and soybeans, Fortified eggs, Oily fish, Canola oil, Palak or Spinach, Pomogranate, Blackberries, Watermelon Omega-6s: Ghee, Cooking oils, Poultry, Grains, Seeds, Nuts, Green leafy vegetables and Avocado Long story short: we are asking (pleading almost) for you to include fat in your diet in moderation! Why then would you go out and torture yourself with detoxes and scams? Are you a fan of dry skin and looking older than your actual age? We didn't think so. So add 1-2 tsps of ghee to your roti and make the transition back to full-fat milk guilt-free. We assure you that this won't make you fat! You can hunt us down and thank us later at your own time.
'Red wine is a ladies' drink'; if you are averse to alcohol, especially to its usual, piquant taste, you must have been suggested with the lightness of red wine by officious onlookers. That surely isn't a remote possibility when you are a lady and of age. Cautious introspection backed with years of medical or scientific research tells millions how wine, when consumed in moderation, helps improve a woman's physical health: the facet of mental health can be taken for granted as inebriation of most kinds results in mood elevation. It is therefore a ladies drink indeed.
While being perturbed about the health of your skin, the sagging cheek muscles, a double chin or wrinkles that start showing once women are in their thirties, you must have rarely conjured the image of a vineyard to relax and repair. A vineyard can actually be your key source to youthful skin. Take a look at the following points to believe the same:
- Red wine can act as an anti-aging intervention in case of both men and women. A glass of wine every day can keep a woman's skin young and taut while two glasses of the same drink can let a man enjoy the look of a young adult.
- Free radicals are active causes of aging. Red wine is rich in antioxidants and thus can do away with such radicals. Many use grapes and grape juice for a glowing skin. Grape juice is way less effective as compared to wine as the latter contains the seed and skin of the fruit during fermentation. The fruit as a whole has polyphenols such as resveratrol that can successfully counter free radicals.
- If you are a health freak and insist on going by a Mediterranean diet, wine is part of your regular diet. You will experience the benefits in a few weeks' time.
- When consumed in a measured and controlled manner, red wine can reduce a person's chances of contracting breast cancer. Wine sharpens your mind while you age; your cognitive faculties therefore do not rust.
- Red wine can make your skin glow from within, unlike any other wine, as white wines have only a little amount of antioxidants.
- Your skin feels young and rejuvenated on drinking red wine as the drink aids arterial functions of the body. Thus proper blood circulation is ensured.
HI Doctor, I am suffering from hair fall and dandruff now a days badly .as premature grey hair started since 2003 but now it is drastically covering the most of the area. I used to hide greyhair from applying herbal mehndi. Have used many shampoo like Head.
I am suffering form heavy dandruff? I tried everything but it can't get rid of it what to do? Is shaving my head is a right option?
There can be a number of reasons that lead to infertility in women. Endometriosis is one of them. It is a benign condition where the endometrium, which includes the tissues that form the lining inside the uterus, grows outside the uterus. Apart from infertility, it may also cause pelvic pain in women.
There are no such symptoms of endometriosis apart from pelvic pain and it cannot be detected without surgery. Thus, it is very difficult to diagnose this disease and state how common it is. However, research says that the prevalence of this disease in women in their reproductive age is between 3 to 10 per cent.
It is found that endometriosis sometimes leads to infertility. Here is how:
- Abdominal Adhesions and Infertility: Normally, the endometriosis implants develop in the abdomen. Then the body surrounds them with connective tissues. The reason for doing so is isolating the implants, so that they cannot harm your body. Now, sometimes these adhesions can create a blockage in the opening of the fallopian tube or may also pinch off the fallopian tube. This will result in obstruction in the fertilisation of egg and the sperm and thus fertilization will not take place; so there are no chances of conceiving. These obstructions when diagnosed can be treated with surgery.
- Secretions from implants: Endometrium plays a vital role in conception where the tissues secrete a wide variety of hormones and nutrients. Now, the endometrial implant also functions in the same way and secretes those hormones. The difference is that it does not deposit them in the lumen of the womb, and it is released in the abdominal cavity. In these substances, there may be some hormones that are responsible for infertility.
- Prostaglandins: Prostaglandins are other hormones that are secreted by the endometrium normally. It helps in a lot of body processes that include various stages of menstrual cycle and pregnancy. This hormone is required for a lot of functions such as ovulation, sperm mobility, and regression of corpus luteum, immune interaction, menstrual cramps and contraction of the uterus at birth.
Just like the endometrium, the implants also secrete these hormones. And, the problem that is caused by the implant secreted prostaglandin hormone is that they are released in the abdomen and not in the womb. Moreover, they are not secreted at the right time, thus sending a wrong message to the brain.
A woman with a few days of pregnancy may face a miscarriage because the ovary will get a signal to start the menstrual cycle, and the womb lining where the egg is implanted will be expelled.