Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Kavitha DondapatiYour feedback matters!
I have a severe toothache and a cavity, it pains alot and it is mostly nocturnal, what do I do? Please help.
Doctor I have some communication problem due to uncontrollable saliva generated in my mouth. So others can't hear my words clearly. And I can't speak some words also. How can control saliva?
My teeth r blackish. Means there r black spots on my teeth. What should I do to get a healthy and totally white teeth?
I have pain in my teeth for last 2 days. I have tried pain killers but I am not feeling relieved. What should I do?
Gums bleeding and pain bleeding accumulate in sleep and during spit it appears any remedy pl suggest.
I am 21 year old male, and I have ulcer often since last two years, I can't eat all kind of food, while I took medicines for that it will be okay, but after sometime it continues so for that what can I do?
Im 22 years old. I have gum bleeding since 3 weeks. Not heavy bleeding just rarely my gums start to bleed. But for long durations like 10-15 mins. Please suggest what do I do.
Hello sir/madam I am facing the problem of bark in mouth. They occur very frequently. I take several medicines but don't get permanent solution, currently I am taking betnesol & bikasul caplsules, please advise what to do ?
Hi. Yesterday I met with an accident. My front teeth has broken & I have only half teeth thr. It s possible to make my teeth gud as before?
Sir, I have undergone Flap Surgery. One teeth broken above surgery portion. Half of the teeth is there. Nowadays there is pain in the teeth extreme right above. Whom I have to consult and what is the treatment.
Hello sir, my teeth became yellowish. I brush twice a day still no change. As I remember from my childhood it's like that only. How can I make it white. And my teeth are not in an order ( line). Thank you.
Hi sir i'm having bad breath problem. I brush twice a day no health issues but whenever I take food after eating im getting very bad breath its my daily routine after brushing also i'm getting this problem taking proper food and drinking lot of water what should I do for reducing this problem. I consulted dentist so many times but no use nd also using mouth wash n paste.
I am having gingivitis since few year. I have taken treatment for it. But now the alignment of upper incisors teeth are disrupted and they are coming forward with abnormal gaping. please suggest some treatment which will help me.
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.